Dual Wielding Pistals and Sub Machine Guns.

Please?

I asked for this for Mass Effect to no avail. Think I can eventually hook up my super spy with it in Alpha Protocol?

Best of luck to ya. This and Brutal Legend are my two most anticipated games of 2009!

SMGs are always dual-wielded, but you can only use one pistol at any given time.

Matthew Rorie

So we've got... pistol, shotgun, SMGs and sniper? What about heavy machine guns?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

So we've got... pistol, shotgun, SMGs and sniper? What about heavy machine guns?

At the very least there is this:

1219417597.jpg

That is unbelievably awesome. Don't know how I managed to forget that picture. ;)

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Only if those rockets are smaller mechs dual-wielding machine guns that fire midgets dual-wielding SMGs.

(And realistically, the idea of the main character toting a heavy machine gun is just silly. A light machine gun would be fine, but a heavy is just no.)

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Are you implying Rambo is silly? And John McLane? And Marcus Fenix?

On a serious note, I'm worried about the weapon diversity in this game. Yes there are SMGs, Shotguns, Snipers and Pistols. But what about machine guns, heavy machine guns, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, etc...? Having lots of different type of weapons is always fun.

I don't know. I think a smaller arsenal gives each weapon a chance to shine, as opposed to a multitude of weapons that simply have different damage modifiers and rarely stand out in the end. Of course, you can give each weapon a unique use but at some point the lines tend to blur because generally there are always two kinds of scenarios - practical (say, silenced pistols) and raw damage (like shotguns, SMGs, sub-machine guns, heavy machine guns). As the need for higher damage outputs increases, the need for "middle of the road" weapons decreases since you'll be focusing on the heavy hitters anyway.

And if Obsidian would include rocket launchers, would they really act as anything other than a gigantor hand cannon? I think heavy ordinance like that should provide some alternate benefits like taking down armored vehicules or the ability to, say, destroy a wall in order to go around an obstacle. But I don't think these will be heavilly featured (at least in terms of straight up combat). And if that is the case, including this kind of weapons may just place them in the same level of ridicule as Soldier of Fortune 3 (a guy explodes in a million detailed giblets after being bazooka'd to death but the wall behind him is still intact, for instance).

I wouldn't mind if the game was entirely handgun based. No rifles, no bazookas, no machine guns, just pistols and revolvers. It is a spy game after all and the only concealable weapons are handguns. It could be fun trying to pimp up a .22 pistol into a lethal killing machine using silencers, special ammo and scopes!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Keep in mind, you always have the option to ONLY play with a pistol, or even try to go the entire game unarmed. Depending on individual play style, there may be more or less fun to be had. I usually prefer a silenced sniper rifle/pistol combo for infiltration, then a shotgun for getting up close and personal when the crap hits the fan.

Not sure if all weapons will be able to have silencers on them when the game comes out, but I thoroughly plan to play through at least once going the stealth route with just a silenced pistol and Mike's bare hands.

How are lethal melee takedowns against unaware opponents? Will they be one button press, one kill, or will they be activated by combos?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I wouldn't mind if the game was entirely handgun based. No rifles, no bazookas, no machine guns, just pistols and revolvers. It is a spy game after all and the only concealable weapons are handguns. It could be fun trying to pimp up a .22 pistol into a lethal killing machine using silencers, special ammo and scopes!

Ditto. I could easily go with that.

*thinks*

Maybe if our guy had something wrong with his left hand. Like it was a fake, or a hook? If it won't be in this version,make sure you shoot his hand off at the end so we can have it in the next one.

Actually having only one hand would be pretty cool. I spent about three years unable to use my left hand until a kindly neurosurgeon fixed it. You learn to do lots of stuff one handed, and that can look cool.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I say remove one of MT's arms, one leg and an eye. Then he can be a pirate.

I say remove one of MT's arms, one leg and an eye. Then he can be a pirate.

Add shurikens and he will be a Ninja Pirate, thus turning into a Halo beater.

which reminds me, what kind of throwable weapons will there be in AP?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

*pssst* You forgot the parrot!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds