BREAKING NEWS: PIRANHA BYTES' XBOX 360 EXCLUSIVE RPG

Llyranor

But will it have german game design

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

But will it have german game design

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

German game design is so much more than that, it can only really be defined through examples

Like how the Gothic series lacks character creation because the developers wanted pre-rendered sex scenes

How in Gothic 2 pre-patch, the game was "balanced" so that you had to kill EVERY single critter(from orcs to flies) in the first area to get enough xp to level and proceed to the next area

Like how in X3, the mission guide doesnt actually contain any information about your mission, just a vague hint about what they want you to do.

Like in X3, they tell you to place a satellite precisely in the middle of a sector, but they dont tell you where the middle is, leaving you to play intergalactic "pin the tail on the donkey" until you randomly stumble over the right place

Like in Kult, the "intro" is the short text on the back of the box the game comes in. The actual game doesnt contain any information whatsoever who you are, where you are and what the hell you're supposed to be doing.

In Sacred 2 they spend perhaps a day lining out the story of the game and 8 months working on a cloth simulation system. Thats german prioritizing.

...add to that the general below-the-bar quality and unplayability of most gerry games :) (which is caused by the fact that theyre made for german players and german players are completely nuts)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well there's still Far Cry/Crysis which has international success. But otherwise, I agree with the Kaft. German made games design is still somewhat stuck in the dark ages. Sacred is lacking imagination, and doesn't really do anything new since the stone-age old Diablo 2. Gothic series isn't doing anything new in the RPG genre, but at least they get that certain "oh it's fun and beautiful" thingy right. Then there're other attempts that haven't really done anything new, like the Settlers series (which imo even got worse). Too bad Blue Byte doesn't exist anymore, I'd have liked a new Incubation. Austrian attempts are similarly fail-ridden, with Avencast, albeit having a somewhat unique combat system, fails at being mediocre in other areas. New attempts like survival horror game "Cursed Mountain" (albeit only for Wii) and "Ride to Hell" show promise, but I wouldn't hold my breath on those, too. So the bottom line is: As long as Story and progressive game design doesn't get more attention from these companies, they'll continue to get stuck in the dark ages, and nobody will take them serious. Or how many gamers are looking forward to diamonds like Dragon Age, Aliens RPG and Alpha protocol, and how many even notice some dip**** games like Sacred 2?

Like how the Gothic series lacks character creation because the developers wanted pre-rendered sex scenes

THIS IS IMPORTANT! >_<

Its very important, yes, but I want scripted ingame interactive sex scenes, darnit. And you should be able to mate with any object in the game.