Greetings all seeking staff for new news/community site

Rhomal

Ignorance is bliss it seems... :verymad:

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

There's a lot of potential, and lot of actually 'good' RP going on out there, whether that be in games like NWN or proper MMOs (the standards of 'good' being subjective). Certainly there's a passion for it. It's just a matter of finding the right group... and prevent random idiots and PK'ers from ruining it.

Roleplaying in an MMO is like roleplaying on the tennis court. Nothing is stopping you, but it doesn't affect the game at all and so most people don't bother. The tennis ball doesn't care if you say you're Prince Pl'fili'mum'szx'wubbo and neither do the mobs.

The game as in the big picture, macro level, you are probably correct. However in a micro level that is not accurate. I have seen within the rp communtiy of a MMORPG how your RPing effect the game on such a level. Such as rivalries, guild feuds, aliances and rp romances. So yes it does effect the game as the rp enviroment and storylines. When your PC is jumped because of some tavern brawl your were in or someone rushing to your aid to return a favor, that certainly can change the game on a micro level for you.

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

In Wow, I used to go around Stormwind with a few Paladins barking orders at people. Sometimes it led to fairly good session of acting, sometimes it just led to a few laughs. Sometimes we ended up running away from over-acting emo folks (who always seemed to be night-elves.)

The point is, Stormwind is a pretty nice tennis court.

MMOs are great for roleplaying because of contextual emotes.

/dance /dance /dance

See, i'm roleplaying a dancer...and a chick...and i'm asking for free loot from horny teenagers.

Wait, you're right, MMO roleplaying CAN be awsome.

LARPing is for nerds, MMO roleplaying is the future!

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Ill informed and off base opinions aside, is anyone here looking forward to the WoD mmorpg?

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Ill informed and off base opinions aside, is anyone here looking forward to the WoD mmorpg?

No. After being more or less dissapointed with Age of Conan and WAR, I'm not looking forward to any MMO for quite a while now. Not even SWTOR, despite considering myself a Bio fanboy.

What server did you play in AoC?

I was on wiccana

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Roleplaying in an MMO is like roleplaying on the tennis court. Nothing is stopping you, but it doesn't affect the game at all and so most people don't bother. The tennis ball doesn't care if you say you're Prince Pl'fili'mum'szx'wubbo and neither do the mobs.

And besides, the kind of role-playing that actually goes on in games like WoW is not even tied into the game itself since it's more freeform role-playing (ie, acting) rather than, say, a good ole session with a DM and a group (ie, role-playing with rules). Which makes even less sense.

No. After being more or less dissapointed with Age of Conan and WAR, I'm not looking forward to any MMO for quite a while now. Not even SWTOR, despite considering myself a Bio fanboy.

I was on wiccana

I can't remember the name anymore. I played till lvl 25 and then got bored.

I was on wiccana

I can't remember the name anymore. I played till lvl 25 and then got bored.

I was on the rp pve server for north america. My main pc made it till low 60s before I let me account expire. It was fun, and don't regret it and had some great rp encounters in the serpents inn, but the lack of content started to wear on me and lack of solo dungeons/quests as well. It has potential as a mmo but went public 3-4 months too early IMO.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

And besides, the kind of role-playing that actually goes on in games like WoW is not even tied into the game itself since it's more freeform role-playing (ie, acting) rather than, say, a good ole session with a DM and a group (ie, role-playing with rules). Which makes even less sense.

Are you saying that Rhomal is a LARPer? Because that would be pretty nerdy.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Never LARPGed in my life actually. However would like to try it just for kicks sometime.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---