This DOESN'T make Sense.... Is it possible that?

I took a look at this post: http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=51279

I stumbled around to clicking on the Link. (I had read the page before, but then realized I should check it out again since the Sith in the MMO are the True Sith).

It says that this Sith Empire survived the Great Hyperspace war, and fled. He used dark powers to prolong his life well beyond what a normal life is (by the time of the MMO he is over 1,400 years old.) This would lead us to say one thing, "Well, if he fled during the Hyperspace War, and he is a live during the mmo millenia later, then Revan and the Exile must have obviously have failed.

I (being the stubborn b@st@rd you guys know me to be) refused to believe this. So I took a look at the Star Wars time line according to Wookieepedia. Now, you will have to read the rest of what I have to say to understand this. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_galactic_history

There is still no name to this Sith Emperor anywhere. There is no point on this time line that mentions his death. There isn't even a point on this time line that mentions the TRUE SITH INVASION. The two things it does mention that relate to the MMO however, is the Sacking of Coruscant, and the treaty of Coruscant. According to the MMO FAQ, the True Sith sacked Coruscant forcing the treat to end the war, and an uneasy cold war started. This is the galaxy that you play in as in the MMO.

Now, despite all the hype built around this MMO, this whole thing is a relatively small event (IMO) in relation to the plot lines of the KOTOR games.

Is it possible that a possible KOTOR III game will take place some years after the time of the MMO, that sees the end of this Sith Empire? Perhaps, Revan and the Exile, together they saw that the Sith Empire was too strong to defeat alone. Perhaps they used some other methods of prolonging their lives (It can be done as light side, Yoda lived for 900 years.) in preparation and planning on how they were actually going to help the Republic in the future. If you factor in the math, the Sith Emperor had to prolong his life over a thousand years, whereas Revan and the Exile (assuming they were in their 30s) would've only have had to prolong their lives 300-400 years, depending on when this Sith Empire in the MMO is actually going to be defeated. Maybe Revan and the Exile are going to be the ones who down this threat, and end it so that there is thousands of years of relative peace within Republic Space, until they strike again in the movies. That would ex out the whole, "Revan didn't do that much if the Sith invaded 300 years later" crap. Of course, this is a theory at best, and you cannibalistic badgers are probably going to pick it apart piece by piece.

It says Revan never returned from the Unknown Regions. The Exile is never mentioned, but I would assume he never returned either. This would lead to a) they were killed and defeated; or b) They are still planning and waiting for the right time to strike this Sith Emperor and end his reign and the power of the Sith. The page on wookieepedia even says the Sith Emperor (after the Treat of Coruscant) has left command to his dark lords, and sought out to accomplish his own mysterious goals. What is worrying him so much to stop the attack on the Republic (If they sacked coruscant, why would the Sith make a treaty and halt their offensive? Its not very Sith-Like at all.) and leave his command and go pursue something? IMO, there are two very powerful people out there seeking to end his evil rule.

I mean come on, it will eventually be defeated. We have clues to its defeat.

1. The Jedi in the movies are ignorant of the few Sith there are left in the galaxy, meaning some time ago the threat was wiped out.

2. Mace Windu tells Palpatine in his office during the duel, "The oppression of the Sith will NEVER return! You.. HAVE LOST!" This would imply that the Sith were defeated.

3. We don't hear anything about a strong Sith Empire in the movies, or hundreds of years before.

Edited by Albion72

1. Since we still don't know Yoda's species, there is no basis that I know of to suggest that he used the force to prolong his longevity. Maybe his species - whomever they are - simply live that long. Besides, if life could be prolonged like that, why haven't we seen more masters of the order do it?

2. I assume the Sith master who survived the Great Hyperspace War you speak of is Naga Sadow. He did survive to escape and form a temple on the fourth moon of Yavin, and after that his fate is pretty much unknown. We know that Freedon Nadd somehow learned from Sadow 600 years later, and some sources suggest Sadow entered suspended animation, though the point is unclear. Sadow's ultimate fate is a bit sketchy. IIRC, the New Essential Guide to Characters says that Nadd killed Sadow, yet it's also established that Nadd made himself king of Onderon because he could not become dark lord while his master lived (and Nadd's teachings led to the Great Sith War 400 years later, since Nadd's force ghost taught Exar Kun the secrets of the dark side). Sadow could be the Sith emperor, I suppose, though that would again require a retcon removing the bit that he died by Nadd's hand. Surviving for a long time is not unheard of, though, especially among the sith. For example, a key point of the comic book crossover series requires that the fallen jedi Celeste Morne goes into suspended animation during the KotOR era's Mandalorian Wars only to be awakened 4000 years later by Darth Vader by using an oubliette created by the Sith Lord Dreypa (whomever he was). So we know that the Sith have that sort of technology. Indeed, Haazen uses a similar device to put jedi master Krynda Draay in a similar device (a major plot point of the KotOR comic book).

Could Revan and Exile still be out there using similar devices? Well, I suppose we can't rule it out, but then what would be the point? If they're both going to appear again in TOR as saviors of the Republic, then why bother to advance the timeline by 300 years? It seems to me the whole point of advancing time 300 years is to make sure Revan and exile are dead so there will be no need to deal with them except possibly as long dead historic characters.

1. Since we still don't know Yoda's species, there is no basis that I know of to suggest that he used the force to prolong his longevity. Maybe his species - whomever they are - simply live that long. Besides, if life could be prolonged like that, why haven't we seen more masters of the order do it?

2. I assume the Sith master who survived the Great Hyperspace War you speak of is Naga Sadow. He did survive to escape and form a temple on the fourth moon of Yavin, and after that his fate is pretty much unknown. We know that Freedon Nadd somehow learned from Sadow 600 years later, and some sources suggest Sadow entered suspended animation, though the point is unclear. Sadow's ultimate fate is a bit sketchy. IIRC, the New Essential Guide to Characters says that Nadd killed Sadow, yet it's also established that Nadd made himself king of Onderon because he could not become dark lord while his master lived (and Nadd's teachings led to the Great Sith War 400 years later, since Nadd's force ghost taught Exar Kun the secrets of the dark side). Sadow could be the Sith emperor, I suppose, though that would again require a retcon removing the bit that he died by Nadd's hand. Surviving for a long time is not unheard of, though, especially among the sith. For example, a key point of the comic book crossover series requires that the fallen jedi Celeste Morne goes into suspended animation during the KotOR era's Mandalorian Wars only to be awakened 4000 years later by Darth Vader by using an oubliette created by the Sith Lord Dreypa (whomever he was). So we know that the Sith have that sort of technology. Indeed, Haazen uses a similar device to put jedi master Krynda Draay in a similar device (a major plot point of the KotOR comic book).

Could Revan and Exile still be out there using similar devices? Well, I suppose we can't rule it out, but then what would be the point? If they're both going to appear again in TOR as saviors of the Republic, then why bother to advance the timeline by 300 years? It seems to me the whole point of advancing time 300 years is to make sure Revan and exile are dead so there will be no need to deal with them except possibly as long dead historic characters.

1. This could be true. But I am going to safely assume that if a Sith can prolong his life (when Palpatines brutal Dark Side powers DECAYED his body rapidly in contrast) then a Light Side force sensitive could learn the secrets as well. Then again, it may be really hard for a light side user to find out how to do it in comparison to a dark side user. But, Revan and the Exile are two of the most powerful Jedi every, and Revan wasn't always Light Side. Its possible he learned how to channel whatever abilities he needed to prolong his life (Much Like Mace Windu's lightsaber form, that draws on his aggressive feelings and converts it into light.).

2. I would doubt this is Naga Sadow. They want this Sith Emperor to be Mysterious, and already having a name to him would be not so mysterious. If it was Naga Sadow, I simply think they would've said, "Naga Sadow as attacked the Republic with his Sith empire!" rather than, "A Sith empire lead by a Mysterious Sith Lord has attacked the Republic." Afterall, there would be no point to hiding his identity if it was Sadow, MMOs don't focus on plot, they focus on gameplay, and very rarely do you see "Plot twists" in an MMO.

3. I didn't say they were going to appear in TOR. I said K3 would probably take place some time AFTER TOR (maybe I screwed up the wording, I'll check.). Afterall, you can't END an MMO. Otherwise... lol... well... I think you understand why there will never be an event in the MMO where one side wins. Why bother to advance the timeline 300 years? There are a few reasons, but I can't be too sure on all of them, afterall, I am not writing everything new for Star Wars.

a) Revan and the Exile left known space to fight the True Sith. At the time, they were undisturbed for millenia. It is possible that Revan and the Exile could NOT defeat this Sith empire because it had been this undisturbed and this strong. It is possible that they had to wait for them to attack the Republic, and then strike, so that the Sith Empire could've have been weakened, watered down, and confused (if Revan and Exile decided to attack.).

b) To tie in the ending of the KOTOR Plot line, and be able to make some money off an MMO as well. I am not arguing that LA and Bioware are making an MMO to make cash, afterall, most companies want to make cash. Very rarely do you see a company not care about cash and care more about their products. However, if they wait 300 years, the Republic and Jedi could be rebuilt, and there could be a possibility for a conflict between the Sith and the Republic/Jedi. This allows them to make TWO games, the MMO, which will make lots of cash, and another company can produce K3, which ends the KOTOR plot. (K3 however would have no impact on the MMO, considering Star Wars Galactic History is written AFTER the events of TOR as well. If people got angry that someone beat the Sith Empire in TOR in a game that takes place AFTER the date TOR takes place, then they are very very dumb. This is considering that the Sith Empire in TOR HAS to be Defeated at Some point in time, considering it is not around during the movies.)

Excuse the bad grammar in some areas. When I start thinking I type fast and don't care about anything else. :(

Edited by Albion72

1. This could be true. But I am going to safely assume that if a Sith can prolong his life (when Palpatines brutal Dark Side powers DECAYED his body rapidly in contrast) then a Light Side force sensitive could learn the secrets as well. Then again, it may be really hard for a light side user to find out how to do it in comparison to a dark side user. But, Revan and the Exile are two of the most powerful Jedi every, and Revan wasn't always Light Side. Its possible he learned how to channel whatever abilities he needed to prolong his life (Much Like Mace Windu's lightsaber form, that draws on his aggressive feelings and converts it into light.).

2. I would doubt this is Naga Sadow. They want this Sith Emperor to be Mysterious, and already having a name to him would be not so mysterious. If it was Naga Sadow, I simply think they would've said, "Naga Sadow as attacked the Republic with his Sith empire!" rather than, "A Sith empire lead by a Mysterious Sith Lord has attacked the Republic." Afterall, there would be no point to hiding his identity if it was Sadow, MMOs don't focus on plot, they focus on gameplay, and very rarely do you see "Plot twists" in an MMO.

3. I didn't say they were going to appear in TOR. I said K3 would probably take place some time AFTER TOR (maybe I screwed up the wording, I'll check.). Afterall, you can't END an MMO. Otherwise... lol... well... I think you understand why there will never be an event in the MMO where one side wins. Why bother to advance the timeline 300 years? There are a few reasons, but I can't be too sure on all of them, afterall, I am not writing everything new for Star Wars.

a) Revan and the Exile left known space to fight the True Sith. At the time, they were undisturbed for millenia. It is possible that Revan and the Exile could NOT defeat this Sith empire because it had been this undisturbed and this strong. It is possible that they had to wait for them to attack the Republic, and then strike, so that the Sith Empire could've have been weakened, watered down, and confused (if Revan and Exile decided to attack.).

b) To tie in the ending of the KOTOR Plot line, and be able to make some money off an MMO as well. I am not arguing that LA and Bioware are making an MMO to make cash, afterall, most companies want to make cash. Very rarely do you see a company not care about cash and care more about their products. However, if they wait 300 years, the Republic and Jedi could be rebuilt, and there could be a possibility for a conflict between the Sith and the Republic/Jedi. This allows them to make TWO games, the MMO, which will make lots of cash, and another company can produce K3, which ends the KOTOR plot. (K3 however would have no impact on the MMO, considering Star Wars Galactic History is written AFTER the events of TOR as well. If people got angry that someone beat the Sith Empire in TOR in a game that takes place AFTER the date TOR takes place, then they are very very dumb. This is considering that the Sith Empire in TOR HAS to be Defeated at Some point in time, considering it is not around during the movies.)

Excuse the bad grammar in some areas. When I start thinking I type fast and don't care about anything else. :wub:

Millenia? the Sith Empire of the Great Hyperspace War has been found and is now under the jurisdiction of the Republic. That's where Korribon comes from. Ziost needs to make an appearance, but most of the Empire from back then has been taken. Shadow was last seen (I think) on Yavin IV with the remains of his body guard that he ended up mutating into the Massassi Exar Kun used to preserve his spirit for the 4ish thousand years until he was kicked out by Lukes new trainees.

Also I have yet to see ANYTHING that shows that the Darkside is able to keep people alive for along time, or lightside for that matter. Turn you into a spirit that comes back to teach/seduce students of the other side? sure but not survive for stupid amounts of time.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

don't forget, that the possiblity of Revan being the Sith Prisoner in suspesion. In the Artwork, there is a Sith Prisoner in a suspecion animation.

Maybe that Sith Empreror is using Revan as a battery?

'cuz Revan keeps going and going and going and going....

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Excuse the bad grammar in some areas. When I start thinking I type fast and don't care about anything else. :(

Millenia? the Sith Empire of the Great Hyperspace War has been found and is now under the jurisdiction of the Republic. That's where Korribon comes from. Ziost needs to make an appearance, but most of the Empire from back then has been taken. Shadow was last seen (I think) on Yavin IV with the remains of his body guard that he ended up mutating into the Massassi Exar Kun used to preserve his spirit for the 4ish thousand years until he was kicked out by Lukes new trainees.

Also I have yet to see ANYTHING that shows that the Darkside is able to keep people alive for along time, or lightside for that matter. Turn you into a spirit that comes back to teach/seduce students of the other side? sure but not survive for stupid amounts of time.

1. That is why the remnants of the defeated Sith Empire (From the Great Hypserpace War) fled even further into unknown territory to avoid complete and utter destruction. They've had a few thousand years alone.

2. You do now. The Sith Emperor has been alive since Great Hyperspace War till 300 years after the events of KOTOR II. Its possible its more than one person but this is not likely considering hte wording being used.

3. I think its safe to assume Yoda is using the Force to live that long. Sure his species may live a long time, but he does say (on his deathbed), "Strong I am in the force... but not that strong." This leads me to believe he was strong enough to prolong his life but inevitably death will come.

1. That is why the remnants of the defeated Sith Empire (From the Great Hypserpace War) fled even further into unknown territory to avoid complete and utter destruction. They've had a few thousand years alone.

2. You do now. The Sith Emperor has been alive since Great Hyperspace War till 300 years after the events of KOTOR II. Its possible its more than one person but this is not likely considering hte wording being used.

3. I think its safe to assume Yoda is using the Force to live that long. Sure his species may live a long time, but he does say (on his deathbed), "Strong I am in the force... but not that strong." This leads me to believe he was strong enough to prolong his life but inevitably death will come.

IF they fled they probably didn't have any tech's with them, or if they did alot of what they knew was lost when the republic fleet ousted them. Those few thousand years probably had them rebuilding from such a catastrophic loss so that they were able to produce hyperdrives and weapons tech again. Merely conjecture but it does seem likely given that if you were dropped on a deserted island you probably wouldn't be able to make a working Air Conditioning unit much less a working boat engine.

as to the Emperors Life span, he could just be pulling a Palpatine and replacing his personality on host bodies either cloned or grown or he just kills the other persons persona and takes over. He could also have put himself in cryogenic stasis while the Council of Lords ruled.

As to Yoda, There is NO evidence that Yoda was prolonging his own life. Generally I would think that the Jedi would frown upon that as it would be evidence of selfishness rather than selflessness. To want to live is a good thing, to want to live forever is a sign of pride and superiority both of which are frowned upon by the Jedi and are generally considered the path to the dark side.

IF they fled they probably didn't have any tech's with them, or if they did alot of what they knew was lost when the republic fleet ousted them. Those few thousand years probably had them rebuilding from such a catastrophic loss so that they were able to produce hyperdrives and weapons tech again. Merely conjecture but it does seem likely given that if you were dropped on a deserted island you probably wouldn't be able to make a working Air Conditioning unit much less a working boat engine.

as to the Emperors Life span, he could just be pulling a Palpatine and replacing his personality on host bodies either cloned or grown or he just kills the other persons persona and takes over. He could also have put himself in cryogenic stasis while the Council of Lords ruled.

As to Yoda, There is NO evidence that Yoda was prolonging his own life. Generally I would think that the Jedi would frown upon that as it would be evidence of selfishness rather than selflessness. To want to live is a good thing, to want to live forever is a sign of pride and superiority both of which are frowned upon by the Jedi and are generally considered the path to the dark side.

1. It could be true that the Sith Emperor is just doing a Palpatine type thing, but then again, I'm not sure if cloning technology exists yet seeing as it is very complex. (I have not seen any cloning examples in this timeline, I'm not saying there aren't any. If there are, I would like to know what they are from; comic, game, w/e.) The way they word it is very straightforward though, "The Sith Emperor has been alive for over 1,400 years."

2. There is also no evidence that Yoda's species is why he lives so long. The aforementioned quote I mentioned is all the proof I need to believe Yoda was using the force. Saying Yoda would've been frowned upon for prolonging his life is a little touchy. I mean come on, no one WANTS to die (Well, certain mentally-ill people), but Yoda was known as the wisest, most Jedi-like of Jedi, who followed the code, always offered guidance, always fought for the right cause and what was right. His reputation as a good individual superseded his prolonged life, because his prolonged life was merely giving him more opportunities to help the galaxy in any way he could. (This is my opinion, you can have yours.)

1. It could be true that the Sith Emperor is just doing a Palpatine type thing, but then again, I'm not sure if cloning technology exists yet seeing as it is very complex. (I have not seen any cloning examples in this timeline, I'm not saying there aren't any. If there are, I would like to know what they are from; comic, game, w/e.) The way they word it is very straightforward though, "The Sith Emperor has been alive for over 1,400 years."

2. There is also no evidence that Yoda's species is why he lives so long. The aforementioned quote I mentioned is all the proof I need to believe Yoda was using the force. Saying Yoda would've been frowned upon for prolonging his life is a little touchy. I mean come on, no one WANTS to die (Well, certain mentally-ill people), but Yoda was known as the wisest, most Jedi-like of Jedi, who followed the code, always offered guidance, always fought for the right cause and what was right. His reputation as a good individual superseded his prolonged life, because his prolonged life was merely giving him more opportunities to help the galaxy in any way he could. (This is my opinion, you can have yours.)

Wasn't Yoda the one telling Anakin that death is part of the cycle of life and to deny it would be.... a path to the darkside? or something to that effect.

you know in this scene:

sw20.jpg

been looking to use an image from that for a while :D

Wasn't Yoda the one telling Anakin that death is part of the cycle of life and to deny it would be.... a path to the darkside? or something to that effect.

you know in this scene:

sw20.jpg

No. He told Anakin (NOT EXACT words, watch the movie for those).

"Death... is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those who transform into the force. Mourn them do not, miss them do not. Fear, leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed that is."

Anakin: What must I do?

Yoda: Train yourself to let go, of everything you fear to lose.

Yoda told anakin not to fear the deaths of anyone, that that would lead him down a dark path (it did, whoop de doo). Basically attachment leads to jealousy (Thats the actual line I think.)

He didn't say don't prolong your life. :D

you know in this scene:

sw20.jpg

"Death... is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those who transform into the force. Mourn them do not, miss them do not. Fear, leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed that is."

Yoda told anakin not to fear the deaths of anyone, that that would lead him down a dark path (it did, whoop de doo). Basically attachment leads to jealousy (Thats the actual line I think.)

Except that to prolong your life is to show that you either A) fear death or B) are so full of yourself you think that it would be best to use your resources on yourself to increase your lifespan so that you can hold authority longer.

If someone like yoda knew how to prolong his natural born lifespan then he would probably give the secrets to other people rather than just keep it to himself.

Thats really the crux of it, Yoda doesn't seem to have given these "secrets" to the other jedi. If he did then we'd probably have seen in the various stories and guides that jedi lived a heck of alot longer than the standard. To not do so would show that he's selfish and fears others gaining his powers.

you know in this scene:

sw20.jpg

Except that to prolong your life is to show that you either A) fear death or B) are so full of yourself you think that it would be best to use your resources on yourself to increase your lifespan so that you can hold authority longer.

If someone like yoda knew how to prolong his natural born lifespan then he would probably give the secrets to other people rather than just keep it to himself.

Thats really the crux of it, Yoda doesn't seem to have given these "secrets" to the other jedi. If he did then we'd probably have seen in the various stories and guides that jedi lived a heck of alot longer than the standard. To not do so would show that he's selfish and fears others gaining his powers.

All living things eventually die. We do eventually. Is taking the right medical paths, eating the right things, exercising, doing all these things to make our life healthier and last longer showing that we are evil and wanting to follow a dark path?

We don't know if he has given his secrets to anyone. He could have, or he might not trust others with the secret.

To further research this subject I researched Master Vandar, considering he is the same race. The dang wiki article doesn't say his age. :o

All living things eventually die. We do eventually. Is taking the right medical paths, eating the right things, exercising, doing all these things to make our life healthier and last longer showing that we are evil and wanting to follow a dark path?

We don't know if he has given his secrets to anyone. He could have, or he might not trust others with the secret.

To further research this subject I researched Master Vandar, considering he is the same race. The dang wiki article doesn't say his age. :o

No, it doesn't show we are evil per se, just afraid to die. Those that aren't scared of death are generally thrill seekers, or reckless with their lives and they either die young or get really lucky.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to the darkside.

To further research this subject I researched Master Vandar, considering he is the same race. The dang wiki article doesn't say his age. :lol:

No, it doesn't show we are evil per se, just afraid to die. Those that aren't scared of death are generally thrill seekers, or reckless with their lives and they either die young or get really lucky.

Ah, but is Master Yoda truly afraid to die? He willingly embraces it in Episode V.

To further research this subject I researched Master Vandar, considering he is the same race. The dang wiki article doesn't say his age. :)

Ah, but is Master Yoda truly afraid to die? He willingly embraces it in Episode V.

usually when somebody is on their death bed they come to accept this as fact and they cannot change it. But before that the fear of death can be incredible (people do wierd things to stave off death) and one of the reasons the military "breaks you down" is to remove that fear or at least minimize it because when your in a warzone death is randomly dealt.

If yoda was, as you say, extending his life via the force, he was probably doing so because of the fear of dying. I mean sure, you could put a nice face on it and say that he was trying to be altruistic and spread his knowledge, but from what little I saw in the films, his version of spreading the knowledge by the time the Jedi were wiped out was teaching children the basics and occasionally acting like a standard Oracle when asked questions.

humm, well combination of good genetics, healthly living and force mastery could add to his lifespan as an extra bonus.

Those strong in the force can potentially live for a long time for the sheer virture being strong in the force. And Master Yoda is pretty damn strong in the force. For Master Yoda said that He is strong in the force but not that strong in reply to Luke pledding for him not to die.

humm, well combination of good genetics, healthly living and force mastery could add to his lifespan as an extra bonus.

Those strong in the force can potentially live for a long time for the sheer virture being strong in the force. And Master Yoda is pretty damn strong in the force. For Master Yoda said that He is strong in the force but not that strong in reply to Luke pledding for him not to die.

I'll accept that just being incredibly strong in the force could increase your life expectancy, but not that Yoda was consciously making himself live longer.

I'll accept that just being incredibly strong in the force could increase your life expectancy, but not that Yoda was consciously making himself live longer.

We will never know.

IMO - Yoda knew what he was doing.

Well I do think that the training within the force by sheer virture extents one's life also. So Let me rephrase it, I do believe a combination of good genetics, good health, active lifestyle, force training,wisdom and force sensetive extent one's lifespan.

In My own opinion, That Revan, Yoda, Sith Emperor and other powerful force users do tend to have longer lifespans.

Regardless of Dark Side or Light side, I do think that the force users can extends their lifespans thru many factors.