New Dungeon Keeper announced!!!

Morgoth

In an MMO version of a strategy game, I bet the player is expected to spend roughly 17 hours a day mining gold. Because that's basically what they do in MMORPGs.

WoW is balls.

I was going to refute this at length, but I really need to get back to harvesting hides from dead wolves in LotR Online.

The thread title excited me. :(

The actual article announcement did not. :lol:

Yeah, only Overlord sucks...

I thought it was fun. No replay value, but silly fun. It's not DK tho...

How in the world can they make this into a MMORPG?

That's my take on it. I'm sure they can take the environment (you play a monster instead of a "hero") and all of that and turn it into a MMORPG, but to me DK means strategy game...not a RPG. A DK-themed on-line RPG...I don't see it being anything but another WoW or whatever.

What would the imps do in a RPG? Could you play as an imp?

I suppose playing a Bile Demon with varying levels of super-farting powers might be kinda amusing tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

yeah how on earth is this gonna work as an rpg?

play as a troll? or bile demon? mistress maybe?!

explore large, environment filled, open ended... dungeons?

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

MMO Strategy game anyone? That's a nice concept, actually.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Asfar as I can tell any attempt at making that a genre failed horribly.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I know of a few MMORTSes in beta. The problem is that the nature of MMOs make it such that the game moves at a glacial pace, as you grind and grind to get meager bits of experience, and it takes weeks of play to do what you would normally be able to do in half an hour of single-player RTS time.

Does EA really hate gamers so much that they have to dig up long-forgotten classics just to crush them right in front of our eyes? Why, EA, why? Why can't they just make new franchises to screw up???

Good idea. Maye, just maybe, they could let real games (looking straight at kotor here) stay un-corrupted, and just **** up their other nineeen trillion craptacular franchises.

It's so depressing...

EA is really a sauron of computer gaming

No, Sauron was a badass, EA doesn't qualify.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Screw Dungeon Keeper, I want an Evil Genius 2.

Have you seen Evil Mastermind, the indie project trying to create spiritual successor to EG?

Evil Genius was kewl, but It's very different game than Dungeon Keeper, and it's more of an standard Theme game.

And yes i prefer DK more ;)