SoZ Final Battle

poolofpoo

Third time now, setting is on easy and I just can't win, any tips?

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

I summoned a bunch of elementals to act as meat shields, while hitting the two big snakes with all the high level damage spells I could. It took quite a while - and I had to resurrect most of my fighters 2-3 times each, I brought alot of scrolls.. Also I keep hitting them with dispel every 5 minutes or so, to take away their buffs.

But it was a very tough fight, even on easy I had to try about 5 times before I won.

What level are you? and who's in your party?

Fortune favors the bald.

I summoned a bunch of elementals to act as meat shields, while hitting the two big snakes with all the high level damage spells I could. It took quite a while - and I had to resurrect most of my fighters 2-3 times each, I brought alot of scrolls.. Also I keep hitting them with dispel every 5 minutes or so, to take away their buffs.

But it was a very tough fight, even on easy I had to try about 5 times before I won.

What level are you? and who's in your party?

i'm about level 15 with a mage, a cleric, a thief, a ranger and the orc paladin

i guess i'm **** out of luck, i have no scrolls whatsover and a cleric with one raise dead left

and i can't leave the god damn temple either unless there was an autosave before i went into the throne room

wow, i just can't do it, i don't mind hard but the game goes from easy to some sort of insane difficulty in the final battle, had i known i would've prepared for it

great design you guys

the final battle was way too easy, thanks to my leet skills!!!!

WHY CAN'T YOU EVER MAKE IT A REAL CHALLENGE OBSIDAIAN?

HUH?

Good game

thanks!

:lol:

I know.. I've tried that in quite a few games as well, where the difficulty was easy all the way through, but the last battle caught me by complete suprise - you might have to get a later savegame - becasue it seems like you won't stand much of a chance.

Funny last post though.

Fortune favors the bald.

• 2 weeks later...

I refuse to play the game at anything less than the core rules setting. Best I could do was to kill everyone but the Herald, and by then my party was so battered there was nothing left to do. Tried 4 times, gave up, uninstalled.

It's ok, the bad guys have to win sometime too. I mean if they didn't it would take away all their ambition.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Random advice:

Try summoning all the guys you can. Let the mage cast bigby's hands that cant be saved against on the herald/snakelords. Kill them off one by one. Coldsteel and holy weapons all the way. I didnt try it but, displacement/improved invis. on the one tanking and blind on the herald should help. Have lots of healing pots of you on the ones tanking the herald. He hits for lots. Ohh, and try using invisibility pots and to place your guys where you want them before you start the encounter.

I didn't try it but you should be able to disarm/knockdown the herald if you have a serious buffed guy trying.

I knew that the last battle would be hairy so I came prepared. It was pretty much my motivation for playing the last 33% of the game.

How did you guys fare against the Zoid-mindflayer-guy in the magetower? I had more problems with him due to people standing on eachother and not being able to do anything the first few rounds.

"The purpose of abstracting is not to be vague,

but to create a new semantic level in which one

can be absolutely precise."

-Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002

LARGEST SIG WINS !?

The final battle was hard for my party that didn't have proper spellcaster levels, just an orc warpriest and yuan-ti hellfire warlock. The key for me was to neutralise the hierophant with his buffs, heals and save or dies as soon as possible. Herald wasn't so hard to deal with without him and the other guys were just mooks.

Due to the nature of my party, the mindflayer guy wasn't as hard as the final battle. Not easy perhaps, but manageable.

SODOFF Steam group.

• 3 weeks later...

Gromnir approached last battle different than some. our casters were high enough level: 8/10 cleric/doomguide & an 8/10 wizard/asock, but trek through temple had exhausted most o' their real powerful spells. had some scrolls and potions to do most pre-battle buffing. rather than go all the way to overland map to rest, we tried end battle w/o a full spell compliment.

took two tries with our depleted casters...

first attempt were focused on taking the hierophant down first. we killed the hierophant, but didn't have enough juice left to take out the herald. died after a considerable long battle, but the battle were hopeless pretty early into it.

second attempt were directed at taking out the herald as quick as possible, then use our 1 mass heal spell to get back on feet and finish off the rest o' the snakes. for Gromnir, and his mostly exhausted spell casters, removing the herald first worked much better than our earlier attempt. once the herald went down, it were pretty much smooth sailing for Gromnir.... but getting the herald down weren't easy.

'course our party were designed maybe different than some. our melee combatants were not so much damage machines as they were good at damage and great at making their saving throws. and we had +3 holy weapons and best possible equipment for every member o' our 4-person party.

the alhoon mindflayer were very simple for Gromnir, but that again is 'cause o' our party dynamic. with our melee combatants being virtual guaranteed to make a save of any dc less than 30, and a doomguide spamming mass heals supported by a wizard casting maximized disintegrates at the vampire lords...

*shrug*

our party leader were actually our weak link as often as not. as a dual wielding rogue/swashbuckler/ranger (2/3/x), Gromnir had a ridiculous number o' attacks per round and very good saves. the problem, as with all 2.0-3.5 d&d boss battles at high levels, is that the bosses is immune or resistant to everything... including critical hits. Gromnir's leader only generated fantastic damage with critical hits, and 'cause he were a high int & moderate dex combatant, we often fell victim to bigby spells that required grapple checks rather than offered fort saves or knockdown attempts.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• 4 months later...

The last battle was pretty tough, I ended up loading an older save game and then buffing up to near epic level and then coming back fully stacked. Then I wasted them.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."