What time period would you like to see a KOTOR-like game made about?

They really should ****in do one right after KotOR2 like awesome babydol said. We know Revan & the Exile failed to stop the True Sith, we know they don't return from the unknown regions, but we still don't know what happened to them there, what they did and if they somehow crippled the True Sith or not.

As much as I'm willing to wage Avellone intended the True Sith to be done and dusted in his planned KotOR3 plot, why would an alteration in the conclusion of his original plot idea prevent him from making an awesome story? I don't think it would. Other than that I say just let Obsidian make as many single player KotOR/Star Wars RPG games as they want and give them enough time to complete them, because I have faith whatever they do will be ****in great.

Yeah, I could picture Avellone being able to salvage something out of the new twist called TOR

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

They really should ****in do one right after KotOR2 like awesome babydol said. We know Revan & the Exile failed to stop the True Sith, we know they don't return from the unknown regions, but we still don't know what happened to them there, what they did and if they somehow crippled the True Sith or not.

As much as I'm willing to wage Avellone intended the True Sith to be done and dusted in his planned KotOR3 plot, why would an alteration in the conclusion of his original plot idea prevent him from making an awesome story? I don't think it would. Other than that I say just let Obsidian make as many single player KotOR/Star Wars RPG games as they want and give them enough time to complete them, because I have faith whatever they do will be ****in great.

Yeah, I could picture Avellone being able to salvage something out of the new twist called TOR

Can you explain why he can't?

TOR can just think of something like, "The Sith were crippled and rebuilt themselves over the last 300 years after Revan owned them." Its not like itd be different than any other Star Wars plotline for the Sith.

TOR can just think of something like, "The Sith were crippled and rebuilt themselves over the last 300 years after Revan owned them." Its not like itd be different than any other Star Wars plotline for the Sith.

It wasn't a sarcastic post.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

It wasn't a sarcastic post.

Lawl, forgive me for that lol.... Sometimes sarcasm is hard to tell with just text and no sarcastic tone from which to base it off of... :lol:

IMO the problem with following Revan or the Exile is you then take an established character and allow for enough customization to make everyone happy and call lvl 1 equal to whatever lvl was the max for Revan and the exile, then you make them even more powerful then they were at the end on the other games as you play the new ones? What about LS/DS options...do you make them neutral all over again? Just how powerful can you make them? I don't think you could make them too weak, because that will just piss everyone off. And yes, I understand you make the enemy stronger too, but it could easily become ridiculous. As it is by the end of KoTOR2 ( dont recall 1) you are so powerful nothing hardly slows you down. Like I said, just my opinion but I don't see a good way to make that work. Also it adds the complexity of needing more background for those who have never played a KoTOR. Personally I played KoTOR2 before I played KoTOR1.

Guest The Architect
IMO the problem with following Revan or the Exile is you then take an established character and allow for enough customization to make everyone happy and call lvl 1 equal to whatever lvl was the max for Revan and the exile, then you make them even more powerful then they were at the end on the other games as you play the new ones? What about LS/DS options...do you make them neutral all over again? Just how powerful can you make them? I don't think you could make them too weak, because that will just piss everyone off. And yes, I understand you make the enemy stronger too, but it could easily become ridiculous. As it is by the end of KoTOR2 ( dont recall 1) you are so powerful nothing hardly slows you down. Like I said, just my opinion but I don't see a good way to make that work. Also it adds the complexity of needing more background for those who have never played a KoTOR. Personally I played KoTOR2 before I played KoTOR1.

Who said anything about playing as Revan/The Exile again?

A new character would be a must, just make them an ex-Jedi Knight from the Jedi Civil War who was in hiding in KotOR2 and by KotOR3 has returned. I mean you can't just have some new kid off the block, especially since it took the "Chosen One" years to become powerful, and what, some nit wit is going to become elite in a matter of months? I think not. Anyway I agree with you, no Revan/Exile as PC for KotOR3 thanks, but this is irrelevant, there won't be one.

Edited by The Architect

A new character would be a must, just make them an ex-Jedi Knight from the Jedi Civil War who was in hiding in KotOR2 and by KotOR3 has returned. I mean you can't just have some new kid off the block, especially since it took the "Chosen One" years to become powerful, and what, some nit wit is going to become elite in a matter of months? I think not. Anyway I agree with you, no Revan/Exile as PC for KotOR3 thanks, but this is irrelevant, there won't be one.

That argument about the whole power thing and levels is invalid. Its easy to start over... Just look at these points:

1. Mandalore in KOTOR 2, depending on KOTOR I, he should be level 20 when you meet him in KOTOR 2, but however, depending on WHEN you decide to go to Dxun, he could be much lower with many abilities he already learned in KOTOR 1, that he now doesn't have in KOTOR II.

2. Sith in KOTOR II. Can we just say the Sith you fight on the Harbinger SUCK compared to the Sith you fight in Korriban or on The Ravager? Not an accurate guess... they are the same faction, and they COULD'VE been trainees, but I doubt it.

3. My knowledge on T3-M4 is limited, but I don't think he received a memory wipe at hte end of KOTOR I. Its possible he did, but idk... He should be uber gear head at the beginning of KOTOR II. Like serious 20 intelligence and 20 in repair, computer, etc.

4. Whats Bao-Dur's reason for being weak when you meet him. He wasn't a force user, he couldn't have been "cut off" from the force. He did go in exile after the war, but that doesn't mean he would all of a sudden become useless... and he was fighting Czerka on Telos long before you got there.... Ok ok he lost his arm, but he replaced it with a better one, one that packs a much better punch and can disable shields.

5. Mira? She's been bounty hunting along time, although she doesn't kill her targets, she was certainly experienced in the art of bounty hunting. Depending on when you go to Nar Shada though, she could be a really low level like yourself.

6. Sion when you meet him in Korriban compared to when you face him in the Trayus Academy... He is harder in the Trayus academy. Why wasn't he that tough in Korriban? He certainly wanted to kill you there.

7. In general everyone you fight in the game... You fight that assassin on Telos, false Batu..... Say you go to Onderon LAST, you fight bounty hunters there. Are they just "better" bounty hunters? Sounds like a lame explanation to me.

You can see my point here.

Ofc, correct any of these points if they are wrong.

That argument about the whole power thing and levels is invalid. Its easy to start over... Just look at these points:

1. Mandalore in KOTOR 2, depending on KOTOR I, he should be level 20 when you meet him in KOTOR 2, but however, depending on WHEN you decide to go to Dxun, he could be much lower with many abilities he already learned in KOTOR 1, that he now doesn't have in KOTOR II.

2. Sith in KOTOR II. Can we just say the Sith you fight on the Harbinger SUCK compared to the Sith you fight in Korriban or on The Ravager? Not an accurate guess... they are the same faction, and they COULD'VE been trainees, but I doubt it.

3. My knowledge on T3-M4 is limited, but I don't think he received a memory wipe at hte end of KOTOR I. Its possible he did, but idk... He should be uber gear head at the beginning of KOTOR II. Like serious 20 intelligence and 20 in repair, computer, etc.

4. Whats Bao-Dur's reason for being weak when you meet him. He wasn't a force user, he couldn't have been "cut off" from the force. He did go in exile after the war, but that doesn't mean he would all of a sudden become useless... and he was fighting Czerka on Telos long before you got there.... Ok ok he lost his arm, but he replaced it with a better one, one that packs a much better punch and can disable shields.

5. Mira? She's been bounty hunting along time, although she doesn't kill her targets, she was certainly experienced in the art of bounty hunting. Depending on when you go to Nar Shada though, she could be a really low level like yourself.

6. Sion when you meet him in Korriban compared to when you face him in the Trayus Academy... He is harder in the Trayus academy. Why wasn't he that tough in Korriban? He certainly wanted to kill you there.

7. In general everyone you fight in the game... You fight that assassin on Telos, false Batu..... Say you go to Onderon LAST, you fight bounty hunters there. Are they just "better" bounty hunters? Sounds like a lame explanation to me.

You can see my point here.

Ofc, correct any of these points if they are wrong.

Fighting Game Mechanics with Story... this isn't going to end well.

Heres a simple rule, characters will always be powerful enough to fulfill their plot obligations in the story, beyond that they are powerless.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

True, but your same point (Calax) goes to say that even in a K3 Revan/Exile would have just enough power to fulfill their story role as well. Simply saying you are near level 20 near the end of both games invalidates the possibility of a third one though is kind of a morbid outlook on the possibility of a KOTOR III.

But I am entitled to my opinion, and its not my place to try and force others to accept it. This is just a back and forth argument anyways that we will never see an end to. (Hey, K3 can be made 3000 years from now, which would make me right... :D)

• 1 month later...

I'd love any Kotor game time period that inolved Jolee in a significant way. I loved his sassy lines.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo.

Story WIP: The Dragonfighters

My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom

Special thank you to my kids who keep adding achievement points to my gamercard.... :D

Jae%20Onasi.png

I'd love any Kotor game time period that inolved Jolee in a significant way. I loved his sassy lines.

Revan: "Care to explain who this is."

Jolee: "What are you deaf? This is Davin Kalag."

or

"I'm old and dammit!"

and

"Dont you ever clean the darned thing."

deicideLogo5.jpg

A game set during the Great Sith War (40 years before KOTOR) would be nice, with a protagonist like one of the Qel-Droma family or Nomi Sunrider. Jolee Bindo was around then too.. :thumbsup:

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.