Ordered new laptop

Tigranes

Picking it up myself when I get back to NZ next wednesday.

HP dv5-1131tx

Intel Core2Duo P7350 (2.0 GHz, 3 MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB)

3gb ram DDR2

320gb HDD 5400RPM

GeForce 9600M GT 512mb (dedicated)

15'4" screen WXGA

Can't really afford the next step up and this should be able to run most 2008 games at high settings, I think. We'll see how it handles NWN2 though, the hog.

Pretty excited since my current comp lags on IE games.

That's my aim. I'm gathering the necessary drivers, etc. for a clean format & Xp install, to get rid of all the bloatware (including the biggest one of them all *cough*)

Why exactly does that dragon destroy processors for breakfast, anyway? Apart from the summoning effects, I mean.

Probably it's got something to do with the size of the sprite and some internal quirks of the engine? I have no idea actually, I just know I've never seen the game run smoothly in this situation.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Aaaand the laptop is here.

Can't wait to try some games on it, but first it's a long process of doing a clean format / XP install, and moving in the apps and settings.

Scored a 4.9 in WEI, btw, but that should improve after the above processes.

Aaaand the laptop is here.

Can't wait to try some games on it, but first it's a long process of doing a clean format / XP install, and moving in the apps and settings.

Scored a 4.9 in WEI, btw, but that should improve after the above processes.

Congratulations on your new rig :)

I did wonder what that WEI was about when I got my own computer assembled, since my Vista wouldn't let me as much as run solitaire without doing that silly speed test first. I wonder how high they can go?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

5.9 per category is max, I believe. Mine gravitate between 4.9 and 5.3 But I'm halfway through formatting now, for XP.

Just wanted to let you guys know how it is.

Fallout 3 runs at nearly max settings perfectly. Game loads in under 5 seconds, and quicksaves/loads are nearly instantaneous, as are area loading screens. I dont' even need to do a 360. Other games do okay, but I haven't done 'big test' games like Crysis, as I'm not much interested in playing them.

The clean XP is nice, too.

Picking it up myself when I get back to NZ next wednesday.

HP dv5-1131tx

Intel Core2Duo P7350 (2.0 GHz, 3 MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB)

3gb ram DDR2

320gb HDD 5400RPM

GeForce 9600M GT 512mb (dedicated)

15'4" screen WXGA

Can't really afford the next step up and this should be able to run most 2008 games at high settings, I think. We'll see how it handles NWN2 though, the hog.

Pretty excited since my current comp lags on IE games.

Wow, imagine a Beowolf cluster of those!