Release date

Empire: Total War is pretty huge.

I'd consider Riddick: Dark Athena notable just because the first game was a breath of fresh air among shooters.

If you mean PC RPGs, then no, but that's because they're incredibly scarce to begin with. We get what, one or two each year?

Empire: Total War is pretty huge.

I'd consider Riddick: Dark Athena notable just because the first game was a breath of fresh air among shooters.

If you mean PC RPGs, then no, but that's because they're incredibly scarce to begin with. We get what, one or two each year?

Riddick! <3 That game managed to slip from my radar. Danke.

Its hosted on the 12th? Convenient, since we get another round of info from Spike.Tv on the consecutive 13th.

A fall release? Seriously?

The game industry has a complete inability to learn lessons. Even big-time games get lost in that fall relese shuffle.

By the way I don't think Dragon Age is not coming out in October. I'd bet on late November for DA. My guess is the console versions will not be finished in October and they want to do a simultaneous release.

Edited by Dakar

On one hand, I'm sad because I have to wait. On the other hand, that's more time for them to polish. The last thing we want is a a rushed release (KotOR2, anyone?). This game has a lot of potential, it shouldn't go to waste.

A fall release? Seriously?

The game industry has a complete inability to learn lessons. Even big-time games get lost in that fall relese shuffle.

By the way I don't think Dragon Age is not coming out in October. I'd bet on late November for DA. My guess is the console versions will not be finished in October and they want to do a simultaneous release.

If anything, they should push it back, then. I'd rather wait longer than have game quality suffer.

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

If you ask me, this is the best thing that could have happened to the game... I mean you cannot say that it is being rushed this time! I also think that the game needs another 7 months of polish... some graphical effects need work, textures, animations and explosions as well. I also noticed bushes/trees look odd.

Also, I find the muzzle flash on weapons is to yellow-ish, it should be a much quicker succession of almost white flashes.

SEGANERDS

#1 unofficial Sega News website

Actually, I think it should have been August/September. Pushing back the date is all good, but I can't get over this obsession pubs have about not releasing anything in the summer. Now it'll compete with DA and whatever else.

I doubt it'll be a direct competition to DA since DA isn't exactly directed towards the mainstreamers, especially in the console area. Based on the early impressions of DA on console, it was described as having 'complicated' controls for an RPG.

If such statement was made, its definitely more complex than the KOTOR series which was tailor made for console RPGs unlike DA which was for the PC, and in turn may turn off casual gamers.

AP on the other hand is an actiony RPG which would give somewhat more appeal to the casuals due to the absence of complexity in the gameplay system unlike DA. But again it depends on the level of polishness and presentation of the product as well as marketing power Sega is willing to invest in AP. Otherwise it would be an overlooked game during that period.

I'm not sure AP will really compete in the shooter or what you call "casual" market. Anyone who isn't already well-versed in WRPGs probably won't understand what makes AP unique. Call me a cynic, but it seems like it would be very easy for the mainstream to dismiss AP as a half-assed shooter combined with a half-assed stealth game. It might sucker in some "ZOMG spy game!" purchases, but that sort of thing is usually a function of hype.

Anyone know when Mass Effect 2 is coming out? Maybe Obsidian is gonna wait for ME2s release so they can get sales while everyone is in the Action RPG frame of mind.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

December 21, 2012.

Fixed.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Then again maybe waiting for ME2 is a bad idea...

Why don't they just let us download the game right now and we'll help Obs with the debugging and content creation? I'm all for that!

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I could help with the.. uh.. realism factor in seducing women!

I'm sure they have enough of people for this already :p

But I could help with the K3 developement so they could focus all forces on AP :)

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!