Composer?

I wish they would copy the sound design from STALKER. Not much music at all, that is. I really hope the music is at least VERY toned down when I am on a stealth mission.

Radio channels is also a great idea (see Fallout 3) as you can switch them around or turn them off at will.

By the way, I absolutely loved the guys playing guitar around the campfires in STALKER. I know I keep harping on about it, but that was such a genius move by the developers.. How often in a game do you stop playing and just enjoy standing around and listen to the surroundings? Very seldom for me!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Here I am hoping for a soundtrack similar to what CoD4 had in mind.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Methinks Harry Gregson-Williams is a little beyond Obsidian's budget :mellow:

I think CoD4 was mostly Stephen Barton.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Breaking News

BT is keeping busy through the holidays. The artist has been selected to score the new Pixar short film "Cars-Tokyo Mater!" The musician says, quote, "I am beyond thrilled. It's the first think I've ever done that my daughter thinks kicks ass." BT also recently completed what he calls, quote, "a dub-step, glitched-out, orchestral-freak out" for the new Sega game "Alpha Protocol," and he's in the process of collaborating on or remixing tracks for Shiny Toy Guns, Christian Burn, and Catherine Wheel's Rob Dickenson. There is also a new BT studio album in the works for 2009, with a tour on the horizon as well.

Source

Personally if I was going to record dubstep for a game there would be artists I'd go to before BT (as a general rule I think Trance is garbage), but the man's a professional and very slick (he produced "Pop" for N'Sync), so it's understandable. Man can probably work a deadline like nobody's business.

Edited by Pop

Mebbe. When you turn on google alerts for "alpha protocol" you tend to get either A. regurgitations of the dev diary by blogs (Rorie's doing or natural events?) or B. Reactions to a change in the uTorrent program. Apparently they switched from VOIP to UDP or... something. But the word "protocol" is thrown around a lot and so it gets picked up by the alert system.

^I want that in. Actual intro credits after the first mission(tutorial, perhaps?).

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Prologues are always awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
The heart of the score is orchestra, but the locales of the game allowed me to augment the orchestral pallette with subtle eletronics and some great ethnic instruments, many of which I played myself

*drool*

• 2 weeks later...

Orchestral music that actually fits the setting would be fine, instead of just going Beethoven everywhere. Mix in some regional sounds and you've got gold.

• 4 weeks later...