Pictures of your games

SteveThaiBinh

O:A could've been decent without the health dispensers, which made some tight spots in the game (invisible snipers) a cakewalk.

The whole thing was a cakewalk. my pc only died once and I wasn't even trying to do anything other than rush through the whole thing as fast possible. ANd the one death was from standing to close to one of the guns when I blew it up. It helped that my companion couldn't die. WHen I got low on health I just hid and let him do the fighting until I could get to a health dispenser. I did 90% of the combat with the trench knife.

Frankly, I'm glad it was a cakewalk because if it hadn't been I just would have quit.

It was a remarkably unejoyable experience.

If kids today think O:A is a quality FPS experience, I don't know what to say.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

There is no rain on the 360 version.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Finally got a helmet that doesn't look terrible

screenshot00004o.jpg

Shot at 2009-05-30

The forging of Aragorn's blade...

screenshot00002h.jpg

Shot at 2009-05-30

Argh mateys

screenshot00000v.jpg

Shot at 2009-05-30

Edited by Hurlshot

The other helmets must be terrifying.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

WHat is that thing sticking off of your back? IS that the haft of a weapon? Damn thing must be three meters long if it is. Is it a lance?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The new sheriff in town.

And the mad bomber in Seward Square is so dead.

LOL, I completely missed that encounter first play through. Second playthrough I walk through the alley and end up flying head first into the building across the street. I ended up talking the terrified wastelander into trying to talk some sense into the guy. It didn't go so well. :teehee:

I'm too lazy to dig out any pics of my old helms, but this thread has some screenshots of truly disgusting looking hat wear.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/2392127#2392127

So yeah, I guess I mean the helmet isn't horrible in comparison to everything else. I'm keeping my fashion bar low.

The giant handle on my back is the handle for my second age axe. It is monstrous. But I usually sport a halberd, so I've always got some odd handle jutting 5 feet out of my back. I don't mind the look, and the weapon levels right along side with me. As it levels, I can increase certain stats and put in gems and runes.

I refuse to wear headgear in KotOR because it looks so stupid.

Just mod it out - that is what I did. All the benefits of helmets without the ugliness!

EDIT: In fact you might be able to do this in LotR:O as well... :)

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Yeah, LOTRO has awful headgear, with the exception of a few light armor hats. The medium armor heads are particularly awful. You can toggle most of the armor to be viewable or not though. Or you can do like my hobbit burglar and wear a hooded cloak.

That and it messes up your hair.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The new sheriff in town.

And the mad bomber in Seward Square is so dead.

LOL, I completely missed that encounter first play through. Second playthrough I walk through the alley and end up flying head first into the building across the street. I ended up talking the terrified wastelander into trying to talk some sense into the guy. It didn't go so well. :(

I missed him the first time I played the game, I couldn't find him. I did try to run through the alley to see if I could beat the explosions and failed every time.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Morale is just their word for health. Basically it explains away the whole concept of death by saying you have lost hope rather than got killed. It also explains why minstrels can heal with music, they aren't restoring hitpoints, they are raising your morale.

It's a bit silly, but I like that they try and keep it a low magic setting.

Morale is just their word for health. Basically it explains away the whole concept of death by saying you have lost hope rather than got killed. It also explains why minstrels can heal with music, they aren't restoring hitpoints, they are raising your morale.

I actually think that sounds great.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Vitality is one of the primary stats, it affects your total morale and how quickly it recovers when lost.

Power is the blue bar, and can be compared to mana. Basically every action you take costs some of your power. As a melee character, that means combos and stuff, and as a minstrel or loremaster, that means songs and tricks.

So you have morale and power in place of health and mana.

I actually think that sounds great.

I agree. It jives with my general conception of hit points not as actual health, but as a representation of your action-hero mojo.

wronggun.jpg

I can't work out if this Red Orchestra chap is confused about which gun is out of ammo, or simply depressed by the horrors of war.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.