Pictures of your games

SteveThaiBinh

Our 50" is starting to feel too small.

And now to pretend to stay on topic, two old pics of the 'certificate' for winning MM7 and MM8 back when I was trying to win the first with all lvl 1's (using only skill points from shrines in the game etc) and the latter for time-speed (game days). The speed one isn't a very great score but was ok for a first try. I don't think I'd even remember how to do it now.

mm7-lvl1game.jpg

mm8-speedgame.jpg

Oh man, I loved the Might & Magic series. Back when the 3DO forums were still around I posted there all the time. When they were developing Might & Magic VII, one of the devs posted there and picked several names people submitted to use as NPC's and mine(Brahein Kadarr) was one of them. Still have the game and my original save game files on CD....so here's a screenie:

mm7rel2009010815572642fw8.png

Those pictures play hell with the way the page looks for a couple of seconds, but they sure look beautiful. What is that, anyhow? Is that the one with the Asian chic who runs on the roofs? That first one is particularly breathtaking to me.

Yes, it's called Mirror's Edge.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I love DICE. Did I mention that?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Stalker:Clear Sky

post-9032-1232892372_thumb.jpg

Again with the damn Underground.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Overlord

post-9032-1232926404_thumb.jpg

Top ranks of minions, still zany and relatively mad.

post-9032-1232926521_thumb.jpg

I love this area, great atmosphere. The Oberon fight ending with the emergence from Evernight to these Golden Hills was frankly the best moments so far.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I finally gave the Drakensang demo a try.

Avestrue.jpg

I kind of liked it. It's really complex and the battles are not very exciting (turn-based or something) but it has a nice atmosphere going for it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

^ Looks like a modded game of JA2. I say modded because of the purple / mauve ammo in the machine gun... don't remember that from the original.

It is the 1.13 mod. Purple is the AET (Advanced Energy Transfer) ammo, which is available for some of the pistols and submachine guns.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

SOmeone needs to remake Jagged Alliance using the Fallout 3 engine. :D

I'd buy it. As long as it kept all the features of Jag 2 rather than streamlining the **** out of it.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

SOmeone needs to remake Jagged Alliance using the Fallout 3 engine. :D

I'd buy it. As long as it kept all the features of Jag 2 rather than streamlining the **** out of it.

Hell yeah.

It's not like we are going to see any other JA3's.

With the greatest respect to CrashGirl, with whom I invariably find myself in agreement:

How would JA3 made using the FO3 engine actually work? The whole point of JA3 is that it's a squad-based tactical game (note that I'm not dying in a ditch on turn-based, although I'd be tempted to).

It's a bizarro suggestion IMO.

JA3 would, on the other hand, absolutely rock using the Fallout: Tactics engine. FO:T borrows so many elements from JA that it's halfway there already. And it's a dead game... can you mod it I wonder?

sonsofgygax.JPG

With the greatest respect to CrashGirl, with whom I invariably find myself in agreement:

How would JA3 made using the FO3 engine actually work? The whole point of JA3 is that it's a squad-based tactical game (note that I'm not dying in a ditch on turn-based, although I'd be tempted to).

It's a bizarro suggestion IMO.

JA3 would, on the other hand, absolutely rock using the Fallout: Tactics engine. FO:T borrows so many elements from JA that it's halfway there already. And it's a dead game... can you mod it I wonder?

It would be a pretty drastic departure from JA2, sure, but I can see it working on a few levels.

First off, VATS works well, much better than I imagined. The basic idea of JA combat is you have a merc with certain skills firing at enemies, and VATS isn't a big leap from that.

Implementing squads would be the major difficulty. But I imagine that the possibility exists that you could jump from one character to another in VATS.

The explosives, traps, and lockpicking stuff all fit into the JA world very well. Implementing a strategic layer, such as taking over sectors, training militia, and allowing mercs to heal and repair could be possible. Imagine if every town you help became a base for your mercs, allowing them to do those things. Bigtown is actually a decent example, you helped strengthened that town, protected it from mutants, and got them to defend it themselves.

Anyways, this is just a little fanboy fantasy, there isn't any real chance of it happening.

I don't see why anyone would use the Fallout Tactics engine for a new JA game. JA2 ver. 1.13 is already better than FO:T.

I don't see why anyone would use the Fallout Tactics engine for a new JA game. JA2 ver. 1.13 is already better than FO:T.

Hmmm, not visually. For a 2D isometric game FO:T is pretty good-looking, especially the environments and vehicles.

JA2, and I love it JA2, is extremely ugly by comparison. I wasn't thinking in this day and age that any big commercial outfit would pick up an engine as dated as FO:T. Just wondered if it would be feasible for skilled modders to MacGuyver it.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG