Pictures of your games

SteveThaiBinh

Yeah I played GTA4 on PS3. It was really a blast, but for some reason I didn't bother to finish it. Still, it's a great technological achievement, and the characters were great aswell. Rumours say that Rockstar North is now allegedly working on a PS3 exclusive. I'm also looking forward to LA Noire.

Edited by Morgoth

I decided to buy "Rise of the Argonauts".. It could've been better, but the character designs are among the best I've seen in a game since "The Longest Journey".

The hyper masculine and ultra femine characters are strangely appropriate for the setting of an over the top Greek myth.

post-5477-1229562190_thumb.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

Surprisingly though I think it's not CPU issue but GPU issue, cuz when I lower resolution fps doesn't dip that much, so I'm gonna upgrade my cards very soon

Even people with three GTX 280s are having problems, the game is simply a bad port. :blink:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I've seen much much worse ports, people are just overreacting cuz it's such a well known game

I've seen worse ports too, but that was from small companies that lacked the expertise.. I would think that a port would be a no-brainer for Rockstar (even the Toronto division).

I bought the game the day it came out - and I still can't play it.. My FPS is about 30-45, with high or medium settings, my issue was that the game ran in double speed, then the patch came and fixed that - but removed the sounds.. How do you play a story oriented game without sounds?

Fortune favors the bald.

The hyper masculine and ultra femine characters are strangely appropriate for the setting of an over the top Greek myth.

No, they are not. The reason it works in RotA is because the game has little to do with the myths it's supposedly based on. Sure, the names of deities and heroes are the same, but their personalities and motivations couldn't be farther away. And I'm cool with that, a direct adaptation of Jason's journey wouldn't make a good Action/RPG.

20795.jpg

True, but I wasn't saying that it's true to Greek mythology - I meant that the character designs are quite interesting and fitting for the over the top greek theme, where heroes that didn't even live at the same time travel together..

It's just very logical that Hercules is huge as a mountain, since he's that strong.. It's simply the blatant "obviousness" of the design that I think they pulled off quite well. The game has many flaws, but I really like they approach they took with the setting and premise - because it's so exaggerated.

Fortune favors the bald.

Point made. At first I was going to argue that Greek mythology wasn't over-the-top, but then I remembered this:

"Diomed, son of Tydeus," replied Minerva, "man after my own heart, fear neither Mars nor any other of the immortals, for I will befriend you. Nay, drive straight at Mars, and smite him in close combat; fear not this raging madman, villain incarnate, first on one side and then on the other. But now he was holding talk with Juno and myself, saying he would help the Argives and attack the Trojans; nevertheless he is with the Trojans, and has forgotten the Argives."

With this she caught hold of Sthenelus and lifted him off the chariot on to the ground. In a second he was on the ground, whereupon the goddess mounted the car and placed herself by the side of Diomed. The oaken axle groaned aloud under the burden of the awful goddess and the hero; Pallas Minerva took the whip and reins, and drove straight at Mars. He was in the act of stripping huge Periphas, son of Ochesius and bravest of the Aetolians. Bloody Mars was stripping him of his armour, and Minerva donned the helmet of Hades, that he might not see her; when, therefore, he saw Diomed, he made straight for him and let Periphas lie where he had fallen. As soon as they were at close quarters he let fly with his bronze spear over the reins and yoke, thinking to take Diomed's life, but Minerva caught the spear in her hand and made it fly harmlessly over the chariot. Diomed then threw, and Pallas Minerva drove the spear into the pit of Mars's stomach where his under-girdle went round him. There Diomed wounded him, tearing his fair flesh and then drawing his spear out again. Mars roared as loudly as nine or ten thousand men in the thick of a fight, and the Achaeans and Trojans were struck with panic, so terrible was the cry he raised.

Catching a spear on the fly? Hell yeah! :)

20795.jpg

Did you uh... survive that?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"