NWN2 npc AI

Pope

Is there a GateKeeper-like program for NWN2 that allows you to edit your character? I'm currently a rogue/fighter, but after having read the SoZ manual, I'd rather be a swashbuckler. Now that I've discovered the way to enhance the party limit through the console, I wouldn't mind too much having Neeshka along.

I know the console allows me to reset my character level to 1, but then I'd still be stuck with 1 level of rogue, meaning I'd get an xp penalty when taking swashbuckler levels. If there's a way to switch that level of rogue to a level of swashbuckler, that's fine too.

I just can't be bothered to go through it all again. There have been some really tedious parts already, such as the city watch.

Edit: never mind, found it. Swashy here I come.

Edited by Pope

Im pretty sure the experience is divided by the number of characters in your party, so yes, more peeps means less individual experience.

That would be fair, but I read differently elsewhere. Something to do with all NPC's (even the ones you leave behind) leveling at the same rate as the protagonist.

Im pretty sure the experience is divided by the number of characters in your party, so yes, more peeps means less individual experience.

That would be fair, but I read differently elsewhere. Something to do with all NPC's (even the ones you leave behind) leveling at the same rate as the protagonist.

:lol:

That would be odd. Maybe they stay equal to the party so they arent far behind if you choose to take them but I dont think they are taking any of the experience points from the actual party.

i may be wrong but i was under the impression that experience per character is based upon the CR of the encounter and there is no "split" per se. more people in your party changes the CR i think, so you may get less per character. works out similar, i guess, but the mechanism is different. a dev could answer that better.

all NPCs do level at the same rate in the OC, so when you drag one in after you've leveled, you'll be notified that they've earned enough experience to go up. they don't take any of the actual experience, they just end up with the same as your party, nor do they count against the CR if they aren't with you. this is not so in MoTB, or at least, not exactly. NPCs may keep earning experience, but they' don't necessarily have the same amount as the PC or each other.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Bishop is okay. Sand is cool.

Where does one buy some decent equipment? More specifically, weaponry. I remember meeting a merchant who sold +3 weapons because I didn't have enough money at that time; but I can't find him anywhere. It's not in the docks, and it's not Deekin either.

There's a merchant in Old Owl Well, but I don't know if that's the one. Also, Port Llast has a couple of good merchants.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Also the merchant in Port Llast will give you access to some pretty high level gear because of the feat "blessing of waukeen" (which you recive in the beginning of the game I think?)

But it's also quite easy to craft a +3 weapon.

Fortune favors the bald.

The NPCs might not be as interesting as they could be, but compare them with other games.

Also, keep in mind that they get more interesting as the story progresses and they open up to you. If memory serves this also depends on you making them like you through decisions, and charisma. It's a good reason to play through at least once with high charisma.

EDIT:

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showt...amp;hl=crafting

A discussion of good characters, and a poll, for quick summary. Who says I never make an effo...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah Sand and Khelgar are probably my favorites too. And although I still don't think too much of Neeshka, her interaction with the other companions is worth having her along. Shandra on the other hand, she's a bit of a prude.

Anyway, just did the trial. It was quite cool how so many decisions made prior to that moment had a potential impact on the outcome. But sadly it was all kinda useless afterwards since the fight with Lorne was all it really took to win the whole thing.

I'm starting to like the story. The whole summon-the-Evil-One-ritual-thingy might be a bit clich

Edited by Pope