ap1.png

ap3.png

ap4.png

ap5.png

ap6.png

ap7.png

ap8.png

ap9.png

And apparently if you let the arms dealer go, the terrorists in later missions are better equipped (!)

Maybe I'm just not reading this right, but it looks like MT has 367 AP (Alpha... Points?), with which he can max out his whole character sheet (with the upgrades costing 3-6 points). Was that just there for the demo, or am I misunderstanding the advancement system?

No dialog examples, though.

Edited by crakkie

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

Awesome.

"The combat mechanics are solid" *cut to flying knee*

I did notice a dive maneuver in the footage . . . which I guess is rapidly becoming standard in TPSes anyway, but still cool.

I was disappointed that the skills only had placeholder text rather than full descriptions. I did a lot of freeze framing on the GTTV footage :thumbsup:

I like the comment about how terrorists later in the game will be better-armed if you let the arms supplier go early-on. Even if we can count those types of decisions on one hand, it'd still be more realized C&C than most games.

I will say that the gunplay looks pretty stylish, though I feel a lot will hinge upon how effective firearms actually are at putting people down (which wasn't easily-discerned from the footage, and obviously depends on your weapon skill).

Maybe it's just my imagination and the low resolution, but the visual looked pretty sharp, if not RE5/Uncharted-esque. I don't think it'll be winning any awards or even high marks here, but hopefully they're good enough that critics won't offhandedly dismiss the game for "poor production values" (which IMO is a much larger factor in popularity and critical reception than any pro reviewer would care to admit).

Settings looked good. It seemed like there were a variety of situations including urban fighting alongside police and a chemical/biological weapons facility(?). So, basically, everything you'd expect from a spy story in that regard.

As usual, I'm stoked. The more I see of AP the more confident I am that it will accomplish what it set out to do (which, in my book, means it will be awesome regardless of what the critics say).

I'm at work, so I can't see the video, but those inventory screens are teh awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Those screens are fab.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Question for the devs: Do weapon augmentations affect the look of our weapons, ala Hitman (this all looks very reminiscent of Hitman, which is a big positive IMO) ie, if I buy the modified grip and modified stock for my shotgun, are those modifications reflected in the game, as in Hitman? Or are the weapon skins static even with heavy modification, ala STALKER: Clear Sky?

Question for the devs: Do weapon augmentations affect the look of our weapons, ala Hitman (this all looks very reminiscent of Hitman, which is a big positive IMO) ie, if I buy the modified grip and modified stock for my shotgun, are those modifications reflected in the game, as in Hitman? Or are the weapon skins static even with heavy modification, ala STALKER: Clear Sky?

Weapon mods do show up on the weapons themselves while you play.

Matthew Rorie

Weapon mods do show up on the weapons themselves while you play.

Can we plate our weapons in gold and platinum like in a certain franchise that will go unnamed? :sorcerer:

I hope then when you hover the mouse over the different guns it says what they are. This caused me a lot of hassle in Mass Effect. I'd put lots of points into shooting shotguns and then have to figure out which one was the shotgun. Was it the big gun, the very big gun, the small gun or the other small gun? I don't know guns. :sorcerer:

Are grenades and mines gadgets now? I thought you guys had been watching Bond. Where's the pen that shoots poison darts? Where's the watch that's really a cunningly-disguised hovercraft?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Goddamnit. Link's down.

Didn't even get to see it.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

According to yon Google Alerts, you should be able to see the dev diary here, but I cannot check as work computers don't have flash installed.

TYVM

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Portugal delivers, yet again.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Excerrent.

This game is going to be sweet.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.