Yahtzee reviews

Darque

Never played any of the newer '3d' versions, but the original Sega Genesis Trilogy was amazing and made that fat plumber Mario look like... well... a fat plumber.

The Genesis Sonic games were good but seriously, I always found Mario to be a more inventive platformer.

The mario games are, for the most part, fun platformers. If you give a crap about platformers.

Personally, I consider Yoshi's Island to be one of the greatest games ever made and given that has nothing to do with nostalga and everything to do with the fact that it's fun (and I still play the GBA version).

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The YI dev team was brilliant, I agree. I've played my fair share of platformers and there's only a couple(e.g Mischief Makers, Earthworm Jim, Super Mario World) that stood out. Yoshi's Island is one of those.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I never enjoyed Yoshi's Island quite as much as Super Mario World.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Has he reviewed Dead Space yet? I can't recall.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Awesome. Thanks. :x

heh. That was one of his better ones, too. Doesn't make me want to rush out and buy the game though.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I just stare at those videos, completely motionless. I just don't find anything funny on them.

Yes, I can do that as well. Behold: the power of my mind! :)

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I don't know. I usually find something funny in the reviews. I guess most often I think they're funny because, even when I disagree with the underlying point, there's some truth in his observation. I mean, he can be a real yutz, but I often literally laugh out loud and, sometime, I even guffaw. No biggie. If you find them offensive, which they most certainly are, I'd just avoid them. I don't think they're actually all that useful for deciding on purchases.

Yes, I can do that as well. Behold: the power of my mind! :)

Now *that* was funny. :)

Seriously though, I think the problem was that I heard so many people say how funny those reviews are that I was expecting something that would make me laugh for hours, and when I finally decided to check them out, I was disappointed. I've recently decided to give them another try, and they indeed can be funny; just not as much as I expected. I suppose people like to listen to him so much because of his unique speech. I don't think he would've been funny at all if he talked in a "normal" way.

Edited by SpaceAlex

Last week was a overview of his work in the last year. A bit of a recap. Of course it would have make more sense to have that today and had the PoP review last week.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

• 3 weeks later...

As expected, a pile dung.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy