NWN2: Storm of Zehir is out!

SteveThaiBinh

According to manual:

...Diplomacy is used to dissuade creatures from joining in an encounter against your party. The higher margin of skill, the smaller the encounter. Intimidate is used to instill fearinto an opponent before combat.

More details of what exactly intimidation does in-game or how long the AC penalty for bluff lasts would be most helpful.

Anyone know why my Eldrich Knight can't use the prestige armor. Do I need at least one level in fighter.

If it's the same armor as in the OC it's light armor, hence you'll need light armor proficiency. Either take a level of fighter, rogue, etc. or take the feat.

"Considering the humble beginnings of Obsidian"

What humble beginnings? You mean being able to make KOTOR2, and NWN2 as their first games? Those arne't humble beginnings. Espicially, since the Obsidian founders are not exactly rookies. Humble beginnings would be BIO coming from nowhere as ex doctors and medical software developers to now becoming one of the major RPG developers. That's not insulting obsidian. That's just fact.

As in feargus and co setting out, not as in the project they got, I'm certain obsidian wouldn't have been around without bioware's help.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Yup. Diplomacy = bribery

Ah, thank you -_-

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

How do you think a party without any arcane spell-casters would do?

I find mages, sorcerers (etc) rather boring and would rather slash / bludgeon / karate chop my way through the game.

I know D&D usually forces you to do this, but given that this is NWN maybe there's scope for a party sans wizards.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Well, since I don't bother casting my wizard's spells anyways, I'd wager a non mage party could do very well. And, with all the healing potions/coins of resurection/heal kits, youprobably can get away with having no cleric.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Most of the time the caster AI does just fine without any input from the player, with one major exception, they are extremely stingy with healing spells and can't cast them outside of combat. There is no need for buff spells, as you will only ever need them on extended dungeon crawls, and most of the interiors are very small, and they take too long to cast. The Mele AI, however, often seems content to just stand around and do nothing. Also very annoying for those who picked several of the two weapon fighting feats, they shift back to one weapon constantly, defeating the purpose of the feat purchases. Then there is the 'rubber banding' issue, causing the party to do anything from teleportation to moving off in the wrong direction.

Please note that none of this is unique to SoZ though.

I'd wager the most effective group would be an all caster group of two healers and two damage dealers, all with some carefully picked summoning spells to provide the meat shields.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I find mages, sorcerers (etc) rather boring and would rather slash / bludgeon / karate chop my way through the game.

I know D&D usually forces you to do this, but given that this is NWN maybe there's scope for a party sans wizards.

Cheers

MC

It's difficult, but doable. At least up until the final battle. I haven't beaten that with my all melee party yet. Those are some tough mofos without any spells. The story quests are all pretty easy, but a lot of the ones that you just run into can give you lots of trouble. I hate being dazed. :(

Would anyone play SOZ (or any NWN2 campiagn) with party AI? It's not really deisgned for that hence why you have the option to play all characters. I have no mercy for those complaining about the poor AI.

Would anyone play SOZ (or any NWN2 campiagn) with party AI? It's not really deisgned for that hence why you have the option to play all characters. I have no mercy for those complaining about the poor AI.

I just bumped into a character called 'One of Many', and I ended up relying on the game's ai wihle jumping from pc to pc. I usually depend on the game to control the other character's ai. 'One of Many' was just too difficult to not combine both tactics.

Huh? Use the pause button when controlling multiple characters. It works easy, and better than relying on AI that may or maynot do thinsg right. And, at leats if there's a screw up, you can just blame yourself and fix your mistake.

I think some people get bored having to do that all the time, or just want to only control 1 char, or something.

I don't really care much about tactics in SoZ. I set Auto-spell on my Sorcerer, my Barbar uses his rage-wuahh-I'll-smash-you-whatever-spell automatically. So all I need to do is to select my fighter, monk, and Barbar and point to the enemy. They destroy them, I leave the map, crawl forward two steps, get pulled into another battle again. *yawn* If it wouldn't be for these numerous loading times, the Overland map would actually make fun. But so far, I got frustrated with it. I spend more time with Loading screens than with actual gameplay. :mellow:

Cheers

MC

Yes you can cope fine without arcane spell casters.

"I don't really care much about tactics in SoZ. I set Auto-spell on my Sorcerer, my Barbar uses his rage-wuahh-I'll-smash-you-whatever-spell automatically. So all I need to do is to select my fighter, monk, and Barbar and point to the enemy. They destroy them, I leave the map, crawl forward two steps, get pulled into another battle again. *yawn* If it wouldn't be for these numerous loading times, the Overland map would actually make fun. But so far, I got frustrated with it. I spend more time with Loading screens than with actual gameplay."

Welcome to the club. :mellow:

"I don't really care much about tactics in SoZ. I set Auto-spell on my Sorcerer, my Barbar uses his rage-wuahh-I'll-smash-you-whatever-spell automatically. So all I need to do is to select my fighter, monk, and Barbar and point to the enemy. They destroy them, I leave the map, crawl forward two steps, get pulled into another battle again. *yawn* If it wouldn't be for these numerous loading times, the Overland map would actually make fun. But so far, I got frustrated with it. I spend more time with Loading screens than with actual gameplay."

Welcome to the club. :)

I fell asleep several times while playing this expansion. Since I keep geting stuck in battle or load screens, my attention towards keeping track of quest has dwindled. Even though I have the journals to fall back upon, the random battles and waiting periods have become a great turn off. I'm completely lost at this point. After confonting 'One of Many', I got hit about a hundred times by random encounters. I feel like uninstalling this one. I don't know. It may be too boring for me to continue.

Edited by Marcus

I tried having about 6 groups hunt me at once - it was quite annoyin to fight off wave after wave of unimportant orcs and bandits (with long loading screens in between). So I can understand that you would be frustrated to have the entire game be like that.

Do you have a person with a high survival, spot, hide and move silently in your party? Make this person the lead on the overland map, because that will keep you away from many of those encounters..

Fortune favors the bald.

how, pray tell, do i survive the final battle?

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

post-296-1227986130_thumb.jpg

Here's one of my great experiences with the overland encounters.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I tried having about 6 groups hunt me at once - it was quite annoyin to fight off wave after wave of unimportant orcs and bandits (with long loading screens in between). So I can understand that you would be frustrated to have the entire game be like that.

Do you have a person with a high survival, spot, hide and move silently in your party? Make this person the lead on the overland map, because that will keep you away from many of those encounters..

My team leader does, but I don't hink its high enough. I might try starting over fresh, but pick characters with a more deverse set of stats.

(1) Team Leader - Fighter

(2) Guardian - Fighter

(3) Whisper - Druid

(4) Leloo - Warlock

?uestion -

Where do the bards go when they steal the Gloves of Ironfist or whatever they are? If possible, give an approximate location relative to another feature on the map.

Directly northeast of Crossroad Keep. Should be a small clearing with a big pile of rocks in it. The Cabin is right below the pile of rocks.