Any good games coming out?

Karzak

How about some awesome with your dish of awesome?

Congratulations on your exceedingly good taste in games :grin:

Negative stuff first: The music was awful, Mortis' legions doesn't seem to be a playable faction *sniff*, the graphics aren't as nice as the old ones (the overland map especially looked bad, confusing and "cluttered") :p

Positive stuff: The franchise isn't dead, they seem to have stuck with the art style (if not the gfx) of the originals, unit animations on the tactical map was very good (I especially liked the giant thumping his opponent with a tree), it's for PC ;)

Thanks for the reminder. I only had only seen an trailer. Now, if we could just get a playable demo to try out the gameplay mechanisms... :)

Edit: Disciples II added other factions through expansions, maybe Disciples III is going to do the same.

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...

So any good games coming out now?

Whatever happened to that fallout 3 demo Feargus (I think) had way back when, they add to it?

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

There's a virus on both of your links btw.

What? It's Game Trailers.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Being sold alot doesn't qualify good either. "Hype" can certainly sell stuff to people who then realise they bought stuff they didn't like at all.

Being sold a lot over time qualifies as good, though, since hype cannot sustain sales over time.

Looking forward to Majesty 2 and Deus Ex 3.

Credibility destroyed. :p

I know - I just had a virus warning in both, that there was a Worm in the links..

Tried following them now, but then I didn't get it..

Fortune favors the bald.

I know - I just had a virus warning in both, that there was a Worm in the links..

It sounds more like your browser has been hijacked by a trojan or spyware, Rosbjerg.

It sounds more like your browser has been hijacked by a trojan or spyware, Rosbjerg.

It is/was a known issue. There was also a thread on Neogaf. It was a banner or some other ad-site that caused this. I don't think it was anything serious.

Being sold alot doesn't qualify good either. "Hype" can certainly sell stuff to people who then realise they bought stuff they didn't like at all.

Being sold a lot over time qualifies as good, though, since hype cannot sustain sales over time.

Looking forward to Majesty 2 and Deus Ex 3.

Credibility destroyed. :p

**** you...I'm looking forward to Deus Ex 3 too. The same way I was looking forward to Fallout 3.

I tend to hope that ALL games are good (since you know, I like good games), but since I enjoyed one of the previous Deus Ex games (to the point of it being one of my favourite games of all time), it'd be cool if another game in the universe can deliver on its awesomeness.

But hey, if it's not it's not. But I'm looking forward to it too because I want it to be good as well!

**** you...I'm looking forward to Deus Ex 3 too. The same way I was looking forward to Fallout 3.

I tend to hope that ALL games are good (since you know, I like good games), but since I enjoyed one of the previous Deus Ex games (to the point of it being one of my favourite games of all time), it'd be cool if another game in the universe can deliver on its awesomeness.

But hey, if it's not it's not. But I'm looking forward to it too because I want it to be good as well!

Same. Lets be best friends forever!

I doubt it will be out before late-2010. That's too far away for me to hit the 'anticipate' button. I go on a roller coaster ride and have a capillary burst in my brain *this summer* causing a hemorrhagic stroke that leaves me brain dead. I could be decapitated in an eight car pileup on the freeway. I could have a kid.

Any manner of horrible things could happen to me in a two year

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Recently Xplay (yes I actually watch it) has been doing previews of games you might not heard of

Velvet Assasin and Love are two of those games, one is a WW2 spy game where you play as a female spy (who actually exsisted) and have the choice of killing your opponents or not (brutally too, in the preview the PC literally stabbed through the back of a guys skull)

Love is an MMO being made by ONE guy, Eskil Stenberg. It's designed so that it'll have an evolving world (log out for a week and you might find that city you loved turned into a lake) and is primarily about exploration. No PVP but there is combat, and the only way to get items and gear is to keep exploring the world.

QuelSlolar.com for Love

http://www.velvetassassin.com/ for Velvet Assasin

I also saw a disturbing video for an indie game called Coil (which is already out). It looks like you're literally inside the womb of a human and going through minigames to bring yourself to term. I saw sperm, eggs, and even a cute little embryo.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I go on a roller coaster ride and have a capillary burst in my brain *this summer* causing a hemorrhagic stroke that leaves me brain dead. I could be decapitated in an eight car pileup on the freeway. I could have a kid.

If you manage all three at once I'd be very impressed. Make sure you have next of kin post pics.

Any manner of horrible things could happen to me in a two year’s time. I have to focus on the present. You know? Level up your blood elf rogue now, for tomorrow you may die.

So you don't anticipate anything? If you fall over dead tomorrow, you'll feel pretty silly having wasted so much time thinking about, well, any game not out yet.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Same. Lets be best friends forever!

I thought we already were!!!

Anyone that at one time sports a Viconia pic is a friend in my book!!

Maybe Zeno Clash is going to be good, I just saw some screenshots. The style is awesome, but it's described as "action/fighting game", "brutal" etc., which really doesn't increase its appeal for me. Anyway, I keep my eyes peeled. Reminds me of Psychonauts, Outcast, and yes, Planescape, as far as the look goes, and, if we're lucky, of Rune or Enclave in terms of gameplay.

Still waiting for Disciples III...

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

It's only a month until The Sims 3 comes out. :)

I might get a couple copies of that as well (one for me and one for my little sister), but only if it has no limited-installations or on-line activations. :ermm:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I go on a roller coaster ride and have a capillary burst in my brain *this summer* causing a hemorrhagic stroke that leaves me brain dead. I could be decapitated in an eight car pileup on the freeway. I could have a kid.

If you manage all three at once I'd be very impressed. Make sure you have next of kin post pics.

So would I. Or, rather, my drooling, decapitated head would be. Perhaps it was a bad idea to drive so soon after entering a persistent vegetative state. Whatever the case, they could keep my headless body attached to life support as I come to term and maybe my spirit could enter the child

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.