Any good games coming out?

Karzak

Tomb Raider is the next big one... other than that almost all the triple a titles have come out this season.

well there is

Left 4 Dead

Legendary (I actually don't think this is going to be very good from the gameplay footage I've seen.)

the New Need for Speed

Sonic: Unleashed (Which actually looks pretty good but I'd suggest waiting for reviews)

MK vs DC

and thats all coming out this week.

Gamespot.com actually has a pretty good release tracker.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Prince of Persia. GotY, almost definitely.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

'Tomb Raider'

Gimme a break. All the previous installments have been utter crap. What makes this different..

Actually the most recent one was pretty solid, in many ways it returned to the fell of the original. Wait, are you calling the first on crap too? I'm not a fan of the series, but it didn't become a huge series solely on the pixelated boobs, it had some pretty great gameplay in its day.

"'Tomb Raider'

Gimme a break. All the previous installments have been utter crap. What makes this different.."

Hey, you sound like me, and FO3. watch out, people hate that attitude, lol!

Anyways, SOZ and AOD are two released (for me) coming soon. :sorcerer:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Prince of Persia. GotY, almost definitely.

Story is incredibly clich

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

If you think every other Tomb Raider game has been utter crap then obviously the newest game isn't going to change your mind. If you think the series has lasted this long while being utter crap than I'm sorry but it appears you are full of utter crap.

I liked the first for it's exploration and puzzles. Good for it's day. Then came remake, 1 through 109. There hasn't been a good Tomb Raider game for over a decade, that don't seem to stop the tide though. It's amazing what name recognition can do.

I know of which I speak, I played some of those horrible games.

Also I intend to be a better man than you and leave the function of utter crap unattributed.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

If you think every other Tomb Raider game has been utter crap then obviously the newest game isn't going to change your mind. If you think the series has lasted this long while being utter crap than I'm sorry but it appears you are full of utter crap.

By that logic, Neighbors must be an awesome TV show. Longevity isn't an inequivocal sign of quality.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

"If you think the series has lasted this long while being utter crap than I'm sorry but it appears you are full of utter crap. "

Actually, its success proves one thing - it's popular and people really like. That doens't mean its good or bad.

Popularity doesn't mean good.

For the record, I've enjoyed the Tomb Raiders I've actually played.

"If you think the series has lasted this long while being utter crap than I'm sorry but it appears you are full of utter crap. "

Actually, its success proves one thing - it's popular and people really like. That doens't mean its good or bad.

For something to be popular, someone somewhere would have to find it worthwhile (and hence "good") on some level, wouldn't it?

For something to be popular, someone somewhere would have to find it worthwhile (and hence "good") on some level, wouldn't it?

:looks at the sonic franchise:

Not entirely true Alan, Sometimes things are popular because of nostalgia.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"For something to be popular, someone somewhere would have to find it worthwhile (and hence "good") on some level, wouldn't it?"

I don't know this 'someone'. Neve rheard of him (or her) so its op0inion means squat. Only my opinion matters to me when deciding what is good or bad. Others' opinions only help me to determine what is popular or not.

P.S. How many people here (outside of me that is heh) think soap operas/daytime dramas are actually good? They ar epretty popualr considering they've been around for decades...

P.S. How many people here (outside of me that is heh) think soap operas/daytime dramas are actually good? They ar epretty popualr considering they've been around for decades...

I always wondered who watched them :lol:

I watch a couple of hours of tv Thursday nights where they show some Danish and German crime series in original language. That covers my TV needs for a week.

The first Tombraider was great, the second good, the rest up until "Legends" rubbish. That one was mediocre and "Anniversary" was a return to rubbish (Gorths summary review of the Tombraider franchise).

As for "Good" games coming out? That is a rather subjective question with no correct answer.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"If they (soap operas) don't provide anything positive, why do people watch them?"

Good avoidance of question. Do you think soap operas are good? And, if you don't, what do you think of those who do?

P.S. Sorry about it be kind an off topic (not directly linked to games)P; but the idea that something is popular means it is good is silly talk. I used soap operas because I know most geeks - espicially the ones here - don't like them... and think they're dumb.. despite soap operas being popular.

Just as with certain games. Just ebcause a game is popular doesn't make it good. Heck, NWN is a popular (BIo's most successful too) yet people bash it and its fans. And, this includes some of the same people who are defending FO3 as being good simply because it is popular. This cna go for any game.

I could defend NWN's success by pointing out how popular it is; but it be silly to defend its quality that way. I'd actually have to show why I feel it is good (and, I have).

Popularity doesn't mean good. Though, they do often go together. Since, most people (unlike the silly Codex) don't buy things they don't think they'll like.

"If they (soap operas) don't provide anything positive, why do people watch them?"

Good avoidance of question. Do you think soap operas are good?

I don't care for soap operas. Though I could speak the same for you and your avoiding the question.

And, if you don't, what do you think of those who do?

I'm pretty indifferent towards them. I don't know many people that watch them. My Mom watches them, and it doesn't bother me.

P.S. Sorry about it be kind an off topic (not directly linked to games)P; but the idea that something is popular means it is good is silly talk. I used soap operas because I know most geeks - espicially the ones here - don't like them... and think they're dumb.. despite soap operas being popular.

Because some people don't like them, doesn't mean that some people don't enjoy them.

Just as with certain games. Just ebcause a game is popular doesn't make it good. Heck, NWN is a popular (BIo's most successful too) yet people bash it and its fans. And, this includes some of the same people who are defending FO3 as being good simply because it is popular. This cna go for any game.

I could defend NWN's success by pointing out how popular it is; but it be silly to defend its quality that way. I'd actually have to show why I feel it is good (and, I have).

Of course an individual is going to have their own impression of what is good or what is bad. In essence what you've said is that nothing is good nor bad, since it's all subjective.

Popularity doesn't mean good. Though, they do often go together. Since, most people (unlike the silly Codex) don't buy things they don't think they'll like.

Wait...now I'm confused. What makes a game "good?"

I answered your question, so I'll ask my question again: If they (soap operas) don't provide anything positive, why do people watch them?

Edited by alanschu