Where do you think the Galaxy will ultimately end up?

Over much debating with myself in the countless minutes of boredom at work, I have concluded that three possible outcomes exist for the star wars galaxy.

1. Somehow, good wins infinitely. The DS is destroyed to a point where it can never return to full power.

2. Opposite of above, and the galaxy sucks.

3. Rinse and repeat of the last 20,000 years of galactic history, with new jedi/sith and different technology.

What are your opinions on this issue?

And btw, it feels AWESOME to be back on these forums.

None of the above. Neither 'side' will win (that would be a Fukuyama-style End of History, and I don't believe in those). A simple repeat seems unlikely, too. More likely there will be a change in the nature of the 'sides' to something subtler, less obviously good vs. evil, and the divisions will continue. I do, however, predict a lessening role for Jedi and the Force - force users are the aristocracy of the Star Wars universe, and while the aristocracy make a lot of history, they don't make History.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

i dont think that either side will win, cause they never do really, the empire never really "won over the republic," cause the republic is back, and some jedi survived; and the rebel alliance never really beat the empire. (sure the emperor is dead, but he was like resurected as a clone at least once, and there are always more remants of the imperial empire, or some new threat. I'd say they should begin mass expeditions past the outer rim (they dont know wats out there) such as the threat that revan sought after. (we dont even know wat happened to him either) For all we know hes still alive, since wats his face (read star wars legacy) the sith lord dude was alive for a llllllllllooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggg time, so revan may have (might not have) used the force to preserve himself somewhere out there.

Edited by The Owner

"we settle our score now...."

- Bass EXE

• 2 weeks later...

Darth Revan returns after 6000 years and rules forever!!!!!!!!!

No really, there is no way to ever have ultimate victory of good or evil (light or dark, Sith or Jedi), because it is human nature (and the nature of the aliens created by a human mind) to go against the flow; therefore, "rinse and repeat" gets my vote.

It's Star Wars, meaning there's always going to be a some kind of war going on... At least on any era they'll write about. That's just the nature of the universe. Battletech is similar in this regard. Any peace they find isn't going to last.

I remember reading plotlines for Episodes 7-9 once.

Luke found a planet so intuned with the Dark Side it was believed that it was the source of all dark energies. They blew the planet up and hte Dark Side was gone.

Lucas trashed these plots though because it was so *stupid*.

None of the above. Neither 'side' will win (that would be a Fukuyama-style End of History, and I don't believe in those). A simple repeat seems unlikely, too. More likely there will be a change in the nature of the 'sides' to something subtler, less obviously good vs. evil, and the divisions will continue. I do, however, predict a lessening role for Jedi and the Force - force users are the aristocracy of the Star Wars universe, and while the aristocracy make a lot of history, they don't make History.

I like this idea. From a purely logical standpoint the progression of technology will eventually out perform force users until they are completely out matched by your run of the mill soldier or some kind of mass produced droid. which would most likely lead to a galaxy that isn't ruled through ideology and will instead be simply over resources and what not. Instead of muslims vs jews forever type thing it's America embargoing Cuba type stuff. Then again Star Wars is completely paradoxical in technology. They can invent a hyper drive that can conquer the stars and the many pew pewing of lazers but they can't program a decent droid to save their life.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I like this idea. From a purely logical standpoint the progression of technology will eventually out perform force users until they are completely out matched by your run of the mill soldier or some kind of mass produced droid. which would most likely lead to a galaxy that isn't ruled through ideology and will instead be simply over resources and what not. Instead of muslims vs jews forever type thing it's America embargoing Cuba type stuff. Then again Star Wars is completely paradoxical in technology. They can invent a hyper drive that can conquer the stars and the many pew pewing of lazers but they can't program a decent droid to save their life.

I like this idea, but I don't think that force users will ever be outmatched. Even if technology advances, the Jedi (or some other force society) will invent a new and improved lightsaber, that is able to contend with the newer technology. (Much like the sabers used in KOTOR-Movie eras, the older ones were like, plugged into this little power pack thing on your waste, and were not nearly as useful.

When you factor in all the many capabilities...

1. Mind control and domination

2. Lightning

3. Near perfect reflexes with a weapon that cuts through anything like cheese.

4. Nihilus muttered words and scorched a planet clean of life.

And the plethora of other possibilities.

• 1 month later...
It's Star Wars, meaning there's always going to be a some kind of war going on... At least on any era they'll write about. That's just the nature of the universe. Battletech is similar in this regard. Any peace they find isn't going to last.

Well they could always give a soap opera series if they need filler for times of peace. Or they could talk about politics. Economic booms and busts. Or some small-impact people, like some common smuggler or bounty hunter.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Interesting thing about battletech is that some of the best books haven't been about the warring going on, more about the subterfuge, and power plays of the successor states.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Architect

Hopefully it will burn, but I don't think so, more of the same old Jedi/Sith battles will continue over the centuries, more Han Solo wannabes and pizza loving Hutts and slutty Twi'leks gals with huge cleavage shall be born.

Edited by The Architect

Hopefully it will burn, but I don't think so, more of the same old Jedi/Sith battles will continue over the centuries, more Han Solo wannabes and pizza loving Hutts and slutty Twi'leks gals with huge cleavage shall be born.

I fear you may be right.......

If I were in charge I would end it after whatever they are currently doing right now is finished, and then I would simply add stories/movies/games about things you've heard about but haven't experienced, and maybe games about bounty hunters, people on the run, etc. Star Wars is so cool, but the years will not be kind to it if things continue the way they are.

All the stars in the galaxy far far away will supernova and everyone dies. Happy ending.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything will be swallowed up by black holes.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester