NHL

Gorth

Didn't Claude get the boot halfway through the game? I started listening online right after that.

Nah, he just got sent off the ice at the end of the 2nd because of a fighting major with less than 5 minutes left. There were three fights in the last five minutes of the period there.

Guess which game I'm watching tonight?!

sud_861779l.jpg

I hope they don't boo him. I mean, look at this team WITHOUT him. They've missed the playoffs the last couple of years with him, but at least they were always in contention up until the very last games. Now they're not even close.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

They might boo him because he 'betrayed' them even though the Leafs and their fans betrayed him first by DEMANDING he leave them then they got mad when he actually did. L0L

I'm sure there might be a mixed reaction.

Along with the way Montreal and its fans are completely treating Kovalev like dirt; it's a sad day for Kanada's two oldest franchises. Tsk, tsk.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It was a great game. Thought it was pretty funny how they started off by booing him, then came that video tribute and everyone was giving him a standing ovation until he started to cry, then they went back to booing him whenever he touched the puck. I must admit, the fans were much classier than I thought they would be.

I'd say it's close to 90% (and that's being generous) even in supposed 'classy' places. Sorry, but fans by their nature are selfish, judgemental jerks who think the entire world evolves around them and their personal feelings and pet peeves.

How many hockey games have you attended? I go to a lot of games in San Jose, and I've never seen what you are talking about. Most people just clap and cheer. Do you really think that out of 17,000 people at a game, 15,000 are actively booing? I think you are way overestimating fan knowledge of the sport. Over half the attendees aren't going to have any clue who has the puck at a given time, let alone care about booing him.

WOW. The Rangers were GENIUSES when they didn't resign Jagr, Avery, and *gasp* even Shanahan and replaced them with punks like Naslund, and Zherdev along with giving more power to overrated losers like Gomez and Drury. Because of these bonehead movies, Renney who has overall done a solid job lost his job. The Gm should be fired.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

Edmonton has it's share of "stupid" fans, but not in details like that. Only pro sport in the area that got a huge following (was already a hockey town though I believe) by having one of the most dominating teams in history play there.

Edmonton's stupid fans come from unreasonable expectations and excessive scrutiny IMO.

The issue I have here is everyone thinks they are qualified scouts/coaches haha.

Edited by alanschu

Edmonton has it's share of "stupid" fans, but not in details like that. Only pro sport in the area that got a huge following (was already a hockey town though I believe) by having one of the most dominating teams in history play there.

Edmonton's stupid fans come from unreasonable expectations and excessive scrutiny IMO.

The issue I have here is everyone thinks they are qualified scouts/coaches haha.

Lol, you just described 90% of the posters on the hfboards, Alan.

And I agree with Volo that Sather should have been axed and not Tom Renney.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Lol, you just described 90% of the posters on the hfboards, Alan.

And I agree with Volo that Sather should have been axed and not Tom Renney.

Yes, HF can be very tiresome. I read almost every day, but I can't find too much energy to post anymore.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

I've stopped going there altogether. No point, the same besserwissers repeating the same old crap over and over. Almost like here!

It's sad, but the only thing that brings me excitement in hockey nowadays is Ovechkin. And he's not even on my team.