About factions

When you are in a mission and you're in trouble is there any possibility of contacting the faction you're allied with for help?

I mean: you are surrounded by dozens of enemies and you decide to call your allies for back-up. Is this possible?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Have you not seen any movie/tv series where they call and in a couple of minutes(or more) a team of mercs arrive?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Yeah, sure. "Hold on, we'll be there in two hours!"

"Ehh, baddies, could you wait a minute?! I've got reinforcements on the way!"

So.. not really. No way that any faction would have enough/any people in most of the places you'll be.. so it would take a long time for them to arrive

If the AI is dumb => game too easy => it's ruined. Hope I'm wrong!

Edited by pcrk2

agreed

they better make the game harder rather than easier

It wasn't that the AI was overall too smart, it was that they could put a burst of five shots into Mike at long range, before the player had a chance to react or make any decisions on what to do. That has since been dialed down, but don't worry, we are aiming to make our enemies challenging in more entertaining ways.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

It wasn't that the AI was overall too smart, it was that they could put a burst of five shots into Mike at long range, before the player had a chance to react or make any decisions on what to do. That has since been dialed down, but don't worry, we are aiming to make our enemies challenging in more entertaining ways.

This is exactly what I like to hear.

And, IMO, it's reasonable for Thornton to call up his factions before a plot mission and say "hey, I'm about to put my nads on the chopping block, could you guys be on standby?"

Not to suggest AP do the same thing, but the buddy rescues were IMO one of the highlights of Far Cry 2, and they were a pretty contrived mechanic.

that's my point

only in cases of extreme situations the faction should be prepared to appear when they are needed

So would the game be how Yhatzee hates it? The opponent getting perfect accuracy and cybernetic vision so they can hit you from the other side of the continental divide and you can barely hit somthing 3 yds infront of you?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.