Pure evil

Walsingham

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/344...-his-death.html

A child was visited 60 times by social workers who identified the risks. This kid was being beaten, tortured, his limbs and spine were broken. His ribs shattered. The police strongly supported taking the kid away. The kid died of injuries and neglect.

Yet the post-analysis by social services indicated that:

"This was a family that needed, and was given, extensive help and support.

"The very sad fact is that we can't stop people who are determined to kill children. I am satisfied that the action that should have been taken was taken."

In my opinion this is a shocking attitude to take. If you know a kid is being abused, and is in real mortal danger you help that kid. You don't ****ing turn the wheel of bureaucracy and go home for pasta. I just wondered what other people thought.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"I just wondered what other people thought."

No comment. I don't want to be banned.

Have you considered the medium of interpretive dance?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nice. No better way to begin your day than reading about the nth instance of how depraved the human being can become.

"The very sad fact is that we can't stop people who are determined to kill children. I am satisfied that the action that should have been taken was taken."

In my opinion this is a shocking attitude to take. If you know a kid is being abused, and is in real mortal danger you help that kid. You don't ****ing turn the wheel of bureaucracy and go home for pasta. I just wondered what other people thought.

Yes, that shocked me as well. I mean, fundamentally, she's right. Institutions just can't save every kid. But it's appalling to see the head of one of those institutions making such declarations, in a case that, it stands to reason, could only have occurred due to severely inefficient monitoring.

There is no creature on this world that can show the greatest exaltation of compassion or the darkest depravity of cruelty beyond measure than the beast called man.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

It's not insufficient monitoring here. That was the case with Victoria Climbie. There were 60 visits to the family. The problem is that no-one made the step to remove the child from harm's way. It just makes me freaking furious. If badgers or water voles are in trouble in this country you can barely move for people helping the furry bastards.

Similar story, IMO, 15 schoolgirls have their faces scarred with acid for daring to attend school.

-Elwood Blues

^That part infuriated me too. Im totally incapable of wrapping my mind around how someone can do things like this to the totally defenceless, be them children, elderly or even animals. IMO, certain people are beyond redemption/rehabilitation and should just be thrown in a hole and forgotton.

I disagree. Such people need to studied diligently to assist efforts to stop them before they commit such abuse.

I noticed with serious annoyance that Gordon Brown (British PM) brushed off attempts to question the official 'inquiry' as "playing party politics". You can't just cry 'party politics' every time an issue is serious! A Labour back bencher broke ranks to criticise the PM for doing so.

I just don't see how it is appropriate to have a department announce its own health. Coming after the similar story of Victoria Climbie*, in the same borough, something is seriously awry. It may not be the social services, but something is definitely fethed up.

*Link to full report, which makes terrifying reading.

-Elwood Blues

It's not just foreigners who do it. An ex-girlfriend of mine used to live in a building with a girl who had been acid scarred by her boyfriend over some imagined infidelity. Which is a case where hole-putting seems a more obvious solution. In fact if i may indluge my imagintion for a moment I'd suggest the man in question be broken up for spare parts and sold to finance a face transplant for his victim.

-Elwood Blues

Why the hell would it only be foreigners who do this? Foreigner is a meaningless word to use on the Internet anyway...

Walsingham probably remembers what it means that I'm not going to write my thoughts about this human behaviour o:)

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

The honor killing thing is a middle eastern and Asian tradition, and throwing acid as a form of vengeance or punishment is mostly found in India. I hope we can acknowledge these things without worrying about appearing racist.

Surely one does not need to explain that not every Asian or Afghan tosses around acid whenever he gets pissed.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I suppose I did rather seem to imply I thought the comment racist. I apologise on the grounds that I meant to steer readers away from a racist interpretation.

I would suggest that systematically torturing a child to death is the product of a profoundly alien psychological architecture. Throwing acid in the faces of small girls is, unfortunately, political. I suppose it could be understood to a deeper degree, but since we already know which politics/philosophy find it acceptable, we already know what to go after. In the Afghan case it's jifascism. In the UK case it was aggrandised masculine 'honour'*.

*I was raised to believe in honour, but must have missed the lesson on abusing the weak to save my ego.

-Elwood Blues

This is a story Wals linked us to previously. There seems to have been a slight error (not from Wals, from the police chief!).

Police: No evidence of murder on British island

Nov 12, 3:39 PM (ET)

By JILL LAWLESS

LONDON (AP) - The evidence appeared to paint a shocking picture. Detectives investigating claims of widespread sexual abuse at a former home for troubled children on the island of Jersey said they found underground rooms, rusted shackles, bone fragments and a piece of a child's skull.

After the lurid discoveries earlier this year, media from around the world descended on the English Channel island to write about what the British press dubbed a "house of horrors."

On Wednesday, Jersey police said the horrors had been exaggerated. The underground chambers were just cellars, most of the bones weren't human and the skull fragment was most likely from a Victorian-era coconut.

"There is no suggestion there has been murder or any bodies destroyed," said Deputy Chief Officer David Warcup, who was put in charge of the island's police force on Wednesday.

Police believe crimes did take place at Haut de la Garenne, a forbidding-looking Victorian-era home for troubled and delinquent youth which closed in 1986. More than 100 people have come forward to say they were physically or sexually abused by staff, and three men have been charged with sexual abuse.

But authorities say there is nothing to back up the other grisly scenarios outlined in briefings to the media by former deputy police chief Lenny Harper, who retired in August. Jersey police chief Graham Power has been suspended pending an investigation into the abuse case.

After the allegations surfaced in February, the voluble Harper kept the media briefed on the forensic team's myriad discoveries: bone fragments, teeth, bits of metal that could be shackles. He said detectives found the burned and scarred remains of at least five children, ages 4 to 11, and that attempts had been made to conceal bodies.

Detective Superintendent Michael Gradwell, who took charge of the investigation in September, said Wednesday the rooms described as underground chambers where children were beaten and raped were "just cellars."

Most of the bones found at the home were from animals and the few that might be human dated from between 1470 and 1670; the alleged shackles were "just rusty metal," Gradwell said.

The fragment identified as a piece of a child's skeleton "was more likely a part of a coconut" from the 19th century, he said.

"The purpose of today is to say there is a child abuse inquiry but in terms of Haut de la Garenne, there was no murder," Gradwell told a news conference.

The case caused rumors to fly on Jersey, an insular island of 90,000 off the coast of France known as a tax haven and for its idyllic beaches, French food and English efficiency. Although a possession of the British crown, it is not part of the United Kingdom and has its own legislature, the States of Jersey.

After the discovery of the alleged skull in February, international media - including The Associated Press - arrived to describe grim images of an imposing stone structure perched on a cliff overlooking stormy seas, and to hear former residents' accounts of abuse at the home.

The reports also recounted part of the island's history most in Jersey would rather forget: it was the only part of the British Isles occupied by the Nazis during World War II, and Haut de la Garenne was used by the Nazis as a signaling station.

The saga of Haut de la Garenne, which means "Forest Heights," began when it opened in 1867 as an industrial school for "young people of the lower classes of society and neglected children." Juvenile delinquents also were placed there.

Later it became known as the Jersey Home for Boys, though at times girls were also housed there. The rundown building was shuttered in 1986 and after an extensive renovation, it reopened in 2004 as a youth hostel popular for its views of the open sea.

On Wednesday Warcup, the interim police chief, expressed "regret that information has been given by police that was not strictly accurate."

Jersey's Chief Minister, Frank Walker, said the investigation had damaged Jersey's reputation and cost $6.7 million, including $2.2 million spent on excavation work.

"I am disappointed to learn that the investigation has not been undertaken in the manner in which it should have been," he said. "It would appear there have been certain sums of money that did not need to have been spent."

Harper, who now lives in Scotland, told The Daily Telegraph newspaper he had been right to raise the possibility of murder.

"When we found bone fragments and teeth in a home where we were investigating alleged abuse, what did people expect us to do? Ignore it? You won't find any police force in the country which would have kept that quiet," he said.

Edited by Gfted1

In fact if i may indluge my imagintion for a moment I'd suggest the man in question be broken up for spare parts and sold to finance a face transplant for his victim.
Most practical, indeed.

And I didn't say insufficient monitoring, I said inefficient... as I would like to think that there was some sort of oversight or negligence, as the alternative implies that somebody knew full well what was really going on, and didn't care. Knowing that there are people sick enough to act that way is depressing enough, but the idea that sane people can be fully aware and be indifferent, that is much worse.

Cover te damn parents or whoever in te hell it was who did this in napalm and hydrochloric acid.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Point there, Gfted1. I read that story too. I actually took this up in person with my MP recently, and was assured that a number of MPs, cross party are not satisfied with the investigation. So I'm not sure what to make of this latest twist. I suspect it is a cynical attempt to twist the knife. Remember that the person being accused of malpractice is the chief who got fired for claiming he was being obstructed.

-Elwood Blues

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/3470999/...are-worker.html

Follow up on the story. It seems that the polie and other social workers had actually arranged a foster family for the child, but a senior social worker over-rode them and sent the child home. I mean how many times does the system have to fail one poor kid?

-Elwood Blues