G0-T0 meets HK-47 (alternate)

Alternate lines in their conversation on the Ebon Hawk reveal the two had met before. HK-47 was deactivated after receiving "several repeated blaster shots at close range." Do you think it was G0-T0 to deactivate HK? That's somewhat implied when G0-T0 says "I'm not finished with you yet."

The shots were done by Revan, who didn't want HK to follow him/her to the Unknown Regions, so shot him repeatingly.

The "I am not finished with you yet" is a reference to installing an override, which would then be used on Malachor V to make HK friendly to G0-T0. Like how Goto put such an override in the Remote.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

HK even says: "I believe my master was responsible".

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

*nod*

Throughout the whole Kotor 2 you see bits and pieces of how Revan was leaving everyone from his original Ebon Hawk crew behind, in one way or another, making sure they don't come after him and - if he had such - giving them assignments in known space. Bastila, Carth (stay and make the Republic strong), Canderous (stay and organise the Mandalorians), T3 (stop following me, you beeping trash comp... ok, this is my imagination at this point o:) )... I guess he didn't have use for HK any more and he didn't want people using HK to find out how to follow him, so he wiped his relevant memory and put a few blaster bolts into him, getting rid of that problem.

Edited by Markus Ramikin

Hm, good point. Maybe Revan is mean like that.

Or he wanted to make sure nobody else would be using HK.

Or it was Kreia, who found HK onboard when she took over the Hawk (how did that happen, anyway?) and due to her distrust of droids, decided to get some extra assurance it won't suddenly up and walk when she's meditating, hehe.

Seriously, any particular reason to think it could have been Go-to?

Edited by Markus Ramikin

He means the memory wipe. He speaks of the blaster shots during diagnostic, as he assesses his conditionm. Then, if you ask him what's the last thing he remembers, he mentions a memory wipe, for which Revan was supposedly responsible. Revan took both HK and T3 with him on the Ebon Hawk when he went to Malachor. Once he decided to fight the Sith on his own, he left, and the droids remained. When Kreia takes the ship to escape, they are both still on board. Thus, he must have met G0-T0 before Revan went to Malachor, and he must have been deactivated there. It could have been the Sith, Revan, or T3. Seeing just how hesitating the little guy was when asked about how HK ended up in pieces, I think he might have been the one. Maybe HK wanted to go after Revan, and T3 deactivated him.

He means the memory wipe. He speaks of the blaster shots during diagnostic, as he assesses his conditionm. Then, if you ask him what's the last thing he remembers, he mentions a memory wipe, for which Revan was supposedly responsible. Revan took both HK and T3 with him on the Ebon Hawk when he went to Malachor. Once he decided to fight the Sith on his own, he left, and the droids remained. When Kreia takes the ship to escape, they are both still on board. Thus, he must have met G0-T0 before Revan went to Malachor, and he must have been deactivated there. It could have been the Sith, Revan, or T3. Seeing just how hesitating the little guy was when asked about how HK ended up in pieces, I think he might have been the one. Maybe HK wanted to go after Revan, and T3 deactivated him.

A sound explanation, but I do see a problem with it, though I cannot support my position with fact due to how little we actually about the events leading up the opening of the game.

The main problem I see is that I don't agree Revan left the Ebon Hawk on Malachor. He was there, yes, and HK and T3 were there with him. But I've always taken the (LS) ending of the game to mean that Revan left for the unknown regions in the Ebon Hawk, and once he got there, he deactivated HK, then let T3 take control of the ship and sent him home. Revan did not want anyone to know where he had gone, and so he deactivated HK-47 AND wiped his memory, while he left T3 in control of the navi-computer. The navi-computer remains locked and accessible only to T3 throughout the game.

As Carth says if you meet him, whereever Revan went, the Ebon Hawk has been there. I suppose that could possibly mean Malachor V, but I've always taken it to mean his final destination in the unknown regions. Besides, it's not as if the location of Malachor is that big a secret, the final climactic battle of the Mandalorian Wars having been fought there. That being the case, why would Revan bother to deactivate HK and wipe his memory?

And if Revan did go to the unknown regions in the Ebon Hawk, then we have the problem of how Kreia gets aboard the Ebon Hawk. Because we know for a fact that she did not go with Revan to the unknown regions. "Because I did not know where he had gone. If he had asked... would I have gone? I do not know," Kreia admits at the end of the game.

Note that we never learn how Kreia got onto the the Harbinger just before the game opens. She left on the Ebon Hawk, yes, but we don't know if she arrived on the Harbinger on that ship. In fact, the captain of the Harbinger is told in one of the cutscenes that nobody was onboard (I suppose T3 and a damaged HK don't count...). Kreia could have hidden or used stealth like the sith assassins did, but that still doesn't tell us that she arrived on the Ebon Hawk. She might have arrived on her own ship, on the sith ship (hiding from both the sith and the Harbinger crew), or she might even have gotten onto the Harbinger earlier.

I don't believe G0T0 shot HK, nor do I believe they actually met in the face-to-face understanding of the word. Besides, G0T0 was apparently created around 3955 BBY, which is the same year Revan apparently disappears. Thus it would appear highly unlikely that the two ever met in person (if you can say that of droids), especially since G0T0 had probably not yet been "damaged" by his programming and turned into a criminal at that point. But they in the sense that G0T0 obtained HK-47's schematics and knows all about him. And naturally G0T0 feels he knows HK-47 from his later incarnations/generations as established on Telos by Revan. I would assume indirectly, however, that G0T0 is responsible for HK's damage in that the HK-50 units seem to have an inherent hatred of the "progenitor unit". The HK-50 unit hiding on the Ebon Hawk probably found the deactivated HK-47 and interpretated him more as a collection of junk parts of an earlier model than an actual unit of his own make. Consequently he probably had some "fun" blasting holes in the antiquated, broken version of himself. In fact, aren't there HK-48 and HK-49 cutscenes like that in the cut material from the HK factory?

In response to Jediphile's post it can be assumed that when Revan sended T3 back, he wasn't send for just the exile...

^

In response to Jediphile's post it can be assumed that when Revan sended T3 back, he wasn't send for just the exile...

I don't believe Revan sent T3 back for the exile or anyone else for that matter. He just sent him back because he didn't want anyone with him.

In fact, judging from the Bastila/Carth holorecording, it was actually Bastila or Carth (canonically Bastila) who made T3 come back and get the exile involved in galactic events in order to protect the Republic.

Revan left the Hawk on Malachor, we know that from Kreia.

"He left the Ebon Hawk and its machines behind, for he knew he would not need them."

"Even the small one - who waits for you outside this place -

I sense it has one last journey for you. You must go where Revan did

That doesn't tell us he left them behind on Malachor V.
I think it does. Those lines are from the conversation on Malachor; if you ask Kreia about Revan, why he went there, she tells you that Revan came because he remembered what lay buried there, the academy and its teachings, and because Malachor is the threshold of the borders of the ancient Sith Empire. He came, and he left, without the ship and the droids "for he knew he would not need them." That tells me that the droids never saw the Sith Empire. If you believe Revan went somewhere else after Malachor and before going to the unknown regions, well, I wonder what makes you think that. Anyways, there's a line in t3m4.dlg that's probably plain enough:

"You were at Malachor V. Revan left you there - and the Ebon Hawk. "

That doesn't tell us he left them behind on Malachor V.
I think it does. Those lines are from the conversation on Malachor; if you ask Kreia about Revan, why he went there, she tells you that Revan came because he remembered what lay buried there, the academy and its teachings, and because Malachor is the threshold of the borders of the ancient Sith Empire. He came, and he left, without the ship and the droids "for he knew he would not need them." That tells me that the droids never saw the Sith Empire. If you believe Revan went somewhere else after Malachor and before going to the unknown regions, well, I wonder what makes you think that. Anyways, there's a line in t3m4.dlg that's probably plain enough:

"You were at Malachor V. Revan left you there - and the Ebon Hawk. "

If you question anything anyone says in the game, then yes, there's no way we can make a statement.

I question some things in the game, just as you do yourself. For example, Kreia infers in the game that the exile's lost connection to the force is due to something the masters have done to the exile. You should question that because it's not true, and Kreia knows it. It's reasonable to question some things. The point why something is questioned and whether there is good cause for doing so.

And I still haven't found any place in the game, where it is revealed that the Harbinger crew found Kreia or anyone else dead on the Ebon Hawk only to see that person recover.

For example, Kreia infers in the game that the exile's lost connection to the force is due to something the masters have done to the exile.
She says that it's unlikely the Force would be lost to the Exile unless another factor was involved beside the horrors of the Mandalorian Wars, which is true, in fact she lost her connection to the Force because of her talent with Force-bonding, that's why she had to cut herself off from the Force, only Kreia could not tell you that. Still, if you question both Kreia and T3, there's no way you can tell where the Ebon Hawk went at any time, and you can't explain how Kreia wound up with it. I'm more inclined to buy what we're told, most of it, and make sense out of it, rather than use my imagination to conjure up some totally arbitrary explanation which hardly finds any base in the game.
And I still haven't found any place in the game, where it is revealed that the Harbinger crew found Kreia or anyone else dead on the Ebon Hawk only to see that person recover.
"Everyone on the Ebon Hawk was dead, sir... we're starting autopsies within the hour."