New RPGVault Interview

Ya know, it would be great if Obsidian could help MCA to overcome his shyness/fear/phobia from the Obsidian forum and especially the AP section to come in once in a while to say "Hi"/answer questions/assure us/share his stickman love with us. As a Lead Designer at least if not anything else.

Yo Chris. Brudda. Ya there?

Ya know, it would be great if Obsidian could help MCA to overcome his shyness/fear/phobia from the Obsidian forum and especially the AP section to come in once in a while to say "Hi"/answer questions/assure us/share his stickman love with us. As a Lead Designer at least if not anything else.

Yo Chris. Brudda. Ya there?

Chris is an incredibly busy dude, so I think he's boring down on getting the game done. I'm sure a lot of the devs would love to comment on the boards, but at some point the thing has to get written. :shifty:

I can give you puppies, though.

Matthew Rorie

I don't think they like chaotic neutral Urdlen-worshipping deep gnome bards / clerics ;)

Nice read :lol:

Still waiting for comments on whether the game will feature sewers (and rat slaying) :x

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't think they like chaotic neutral Urdlen-worshipping deep gnome bards / clerics ;)

Nice read :lol:

Still waiting for comments on whether the game will feature sewers (and rat slaying) :x

"Hi there my fellow agent with extensive training. I am just a local barkeep with a local problem: I have rats in my cellar and i just can't get rid of them all. You like one with some sense of adventure, would you like to help me? I will greatly reward you with <insert simple reward here> for your troubles!"

-Suave: "Well of course my fellow barkeep, keep the martinis flowing while i am away"

-Neutral: "That is possible, but i expect to be payed for my trouble"

-Bauer: *grabs collar* "I WILL END YOU AND YOUR RATS"

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Wait wait.

We don't support full facial and body type configuration. We spent a lot of time going back and forth internally on whether we wanted Thorton to be anything the character wanted. Realizing that we would lose a lot of cinematic impact if the player decided to make a chinless Cro-Magnon who couldn't sweep a lady off her feet if he tripped her, we then just made our main character the person you play.
That said, you can tweak his appearance and put your personalized mark on him during creation.

Which is it, Obsidz?

Edited by Pop

"Hi there my fellow agent with extensive training. I am just a local barkeep with a local problem: I have rats in my cellar and i just can't get rid of them all. You like one with some sense of adventure, would you like to help me? I will greatly reward you with for your troubles!"

-Suave: "Well of course my fellow barkeep, keep the martinis flowing while i am away"

-Neutral: "That is possible, but i expect to be payed for my trouble"

-Bauer: *grabs collar* "I WILL END YOU AND YOUR RATS"

Awesome ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wait wait.
We don't support full facial and body type configuration. We spent a lot of time going back and forth internally on whether we wanted Thorton to be anything the character wanted. Realizing that we would lose a lot of cinematic impact if the player decided to make a chinless Cro-Magnon who couldn't sweep a lady off her feet if he tripped her, we then just made our main character the person you play.
That said, you can tweak his appearance and put your personalized mark on him during creation.

Which is it, Obsidz?

Both, really. You can tweak his appearance (add glasses, hats, a beard, camo facepaint), but there isn't an Oblivion-esque "I want to make a guy with a prognathous jaw and a unibrow" facial editor or anything.

Matthew Rorie

One thing about the hubs is unclear to me. Are the hubs just the player's house used to keep stuff, or are the hubs one neighborhood, which is the location for the zone's main quest and includes your safehouse?

The hub structure makes it sound like the gameworld isn't very continuous.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

One thing about the hubs is unclear to me. Are the hubs just the player's house used to keep stuff, or are the hubs one neighborhood, which is the location for the zone's main quest and includes your safehouse?

The hub structure makes it sound like the gameworld isn't very continuous.

It sounds like VMBL's hub system.

Will there be puppies in the game?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Wait wait.

Which is it, Obsidz?

Both, really. You can tweak his appearance (add glasses, hats, a beard, camo facepaint), but there isn't an Oblivion-esque "I want to make a guy with a prognathous jaw and a unibrow" facial editor or anything.

No no, the use of disguise and whatnot from mission to mission, that much is obvious. What I was curious about is whether or not you can alter Mike's appearance during creation in some limited way. Ryan suggests not, Matt suggests so. I was thinking specifically something like DX, where you had different skin / hair color presets. Do we as players have any say at all over the Mike's default appearance? Or is Mike only the dude we see in the screenies?

I want a Karl Marx beard.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No no, the use of disguise and whatnot from mission to mission, that much is obvious. What I was curious about is whether or not you can alter Mike's appearance during creation in some limited way. Ryan suggests not, Matt suggests so. I was thinking specifically something like DX, where you had different skin / hair color presets. Do we as players have any say at all over the Mike's default appearance? Or is Mike only the dude we see in the screenies?

I think its safe to assume that its as much customisable as what GTA: San Andreas allows to customise the character. Like hair cuts, sporting a beard, wearing the different clothes and accessories like glasses ect.

Minus the body building stuff though.

I think its safe to assume that its as much customisable as what GTA: San Andreas allows to customise the character. Like hair cuts, sporting a beard, wearing the different clothes and accessories like glasses ect.

Minus the body building stuff though.

I wouldn't mind a fat Michael.

Can't you choose the dogs' race? I want to attack my enemies with a massive pack of chihuahuas.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: