Fallout 3

Gorth

On very hard, Mirelurks can be tough just because of my current lack of ammo and the tight spots they force you to use. However, I use every underhanded advantage available. I'm going back in. Thanks for the info on Dogmeat.

I also disagree with Azure about the massive open exploration prone world of Fallout 3. For one thing, it's something the game has in common with the previous Fallout games. For another thing, the exploration is great in and of itself. It's so far beyond Oblivion its not even funny. Random exploration in Oblivion was never this good.

Monte Carlo mentioned how Bethesda responded to the setting. My take is that Bethesda never really shined until they crafted Fallout 3. I liked Oblivion well enough. It was a good enough game and I didn't regret buying it. ...But Fallout 3 is in its own separate category. No matter what they've done before, I really think Bethesda has kept the Fallout name alive for another generation.

Everyone likes to explore but me. :)

Its not that I didn't like it totally. I did like seeing stuff off in the distance and finding out what it was. There was just so much of a vast empty wasteland and a lot of times the encounters would lead to 'building with raiders' or 'tunnels with ghouls' that I grew tired of fighting the same enemies over and over again.

During play, I found myself missing the old world map/travel system of the two previous Fallouts. I think I would have liked the option to traverse the world map like that, with the game reverting back to FPS mode if I stumbled across something interesting.

I am going back and trying to find some places I read about here that sound interesting. I read you could even run into Harold again.

Edited by Azure79

During play, I found myself missing the old world map/travel system of the two previous Fallouts. I think I would have liked the option to traverse the world map like that, with the game reverting back to FPS mode if I stumbled across something interesting.

Hmm.. There IS map travel. You need to walk to each and every place first (as in Fallout/Fallout 2, only in 3D), but then all you have to do is click on the places you've found for insta-travel there. Just like Fallout/Fallout 2.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No-one has mentioned this so far that I noticed: although your player character has to have special training to use pwoer armour, at least two of your potential companions can wear it just fine. So hang on to those suits you find laying around, even early on.

I'm now a slaver. Cap 'em. Strip 'em. Make 'em wear a silly hat. Send 'em running to Paradise Falls. Brilliant.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hmm.. There IS map travel. You need to walk to each and every place first (as in Fallout/Fallout 2, only in 3D), but then all you have to do is click on the places you've found for insta-travel there. Just like Fallout/Fallout 2.

Yup, I know about the fast travel map. But sometimes I didn't want to actually walk all the way to a new destination. I would have liked the option to open the world map click on a place and a little dot representing my character would start moving in that direction, the screen reverting to normal First person view if I encountered a location along the way. That was kinda the way the world map worked in the previous Fallouts.

I know walking there is probably have the fun of getting there, but sometimes I just wanted to get there. Like when I got map markers for all the Vaults. The Vaults were my favorite places to explore because there was usually some backstory into the twisted experiments that went on there without the knowledge of the residents.

Man...I even game lazy.

Still enjoying the game though. I do think Bethesda did a really good job and my requests are just little personal quibbles

No-one has mentioned this so far that I noticed: although your player character has to have special training to use pwoer armour, at least two of your potential companions can wear it just fine. So hang on to those suits you find laying around, even early on.

I'm now a slaver. Cap 'em. Strip 'em. Make 'em wear a silly hat. Send 'em running to Paradise Falls. Brilliant.

I actually tried getting the collars on the slavers so I could turn the tables on them and give them a taste of their own medicine. Unfortunately I don't think that was an option. It would have been fun though to have the Little Lamplighters have the slavers as slaves.

Did anyone find any kind of resolution to the super-mutant presence in the game? Its hinted that they are looking for something by many NPCs, but I never could find out what.

Exploring is the fun part. Sight seeing, meeting new people and killing them.

Damn slavers, I killed some by accident. They happened to walked close by to a car that was in the process of blowing up. Opps. Kill all slavers and those hunters. Nasty sick cannibals.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I got caught in between two cars exploding during a firefight at a drive-in. It killed me, tossed me in the air and blew off my arms and legs (it did the same for the raiders I was trying to kill and we all landed legless and armless corpses in a little pile!)

Also exploring is fun until you explore to far and find yourself running away while getting hit in the back with lasers and trying to outrun missles. o:)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I was standing next to a bus that blew up and I literally sailed out of DC and into the wasteland. I honestly think it blew me all the way over to RobCo. That was the funniest thing. I must have sailed for two minutes before the slowmo action stopped. I wish I'd caught the whole thing on video.

I find it a big odd that 200yearold burned out wrecks still have enough stuff in them to explode when shot at. I was quite surpised when the pile of rusted metal I used for cover suddenly exploded in my face.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Also exploring is fun until you explore to far and find yourself running away while getting hit in the back with lasers and trying to outrun missles.

exploring is fun until you find

the town filled with deathclaws

dumber than a bag of hammers

My problem with them is that they take quite a few shots to kill and you don't get any ammo off of them or anything. That said, I'm going to do the Deathclaw town and, most importantly, the caves. Some good stuff in those caves, even if it takes a lot of resources to clear them. I think I've reached critical mass with ammo, though, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Well I finished the game,

and I have to say I was a bit underwhelmed by the main quest. I mowed down the opposition at project purity with extreme ease at hard setting, I didn't even need a single stimpack. Paladin whatsherface got the job of entering the code, I am a wasteland survivor after all. One might have preferred a little more challenge after hamstering 20 nuka grenades and getting to use three or four in total. Ahh well.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

My problem with them is that they take quite a few shots to kill and you don't get any ammo off of them or anything. That said, I'm going to do the Deathclaw town and, most importantly, the caves. Some good stuff in those caves, even if it takes a lot of resources to clear them. I think I've reached critical mass with ammo, though, so it shouldn't be a problem.

a couple of lincoln repeater shots to the head from a character with maxed small guns in sneak-mode... lots of dead deathclaws.

wasted points buy boosting perception... perception is far less useful in this game than in the other fallout games.

for anybody that hates this game, Gromnir can understand. is some serious broken stuff in fallout 3. gameplay and story stuff is often inexplicable bad. nevertheless, am having fun many hours into game... which surprises us considering how quickly we became bored with oblivion.

HA! Good Fun!

ps hit level 20 a short time ago and have maxed the following skills:

initial 3 "tags"

small guns

speech

science

next group o' 3

repair

energy weapons

sneak

laststest group

lockpick

explosives

medicine

nuts

to be fair, medicine is only at 92 %

(

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

which surprises us considering how quickly we became bored with oblivion.

Every time somebody says something like this I feel like running out and buying FO3. One of these days I will.

And kudos to Bethesda for being able to drop the craptastic design of Oblivion in the dust and move forward.

I can only hope that ES5 will incorporate a great deal of Fallout 3 and whole lot less of Oblivion. That would be sweet.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I kinda missed chapters, although I suppose that was kinda hard to fit in the pip boy, and overall the 'quest journal' is thankfully free of lengthy prose, a much better solution. Although, to take a recent example, in The Witcher you knew there were 7 chapters and an epilogue, it was right there in the journal. I kinda like having an inkling of how far along I am.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.