poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which Fallout was the greatest?

• Fallout 1
    • Fallout 2
    • Fallout 3

Man, you guys get worked up about this.

Fallout tends to do that to people. ::shrug::

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Yeah, popularity is always a good indicator of the quality of something. Just like Britney Spears is the better artist because she sells more records.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Lolz... That "patch" is more likely to break the game then fix it - and it was only made to address the crashing upon exit bug. :(
Yeah, what's up with that. How about they fix some real bugs, like potential gamebreakers such as NPCs falling off the map?

LOLZ! Funny you mention that. I've had my companion get stuck in a "solid" object and some enemies as well. The enemies just disappear into a wall or car or whatever.

I've been knocked off a bridge by a deathclaw but that wasn't a bug.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

An NPC thats supposd to be at this house at all times just ran out from the house we were in and disapeared into the wasteland and now I cant complete the quest. I suspect it was bethesda's famous intelligent AI at work.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yeah, that can happen if there are hostiles outside. If you have a savegame before the NPC ran away, you can use the console to bring it back:

Load the save where the NPC is still where it should be (or elsewhere, but you can still see it), and open the console. Click on the NPC, and on the top of the screen you should get a code beside the NPC's name. That's its ID.

Now, in your current game, go back to the NPC's default location... or not. Open the console and input:

prid <ID>

moveto player

Of course, that won't prevent the NPC from running away again...

This is one of those questions that I'm not sure there's an easy answer to.

Fallout 1 was a very fun game. Was wary initially of the initial main quest being a timed quest, but it ultimately worked out.

Fallout 2 was a lot like Fallout 2 but bigger in every sense (both good and bad). I didn't mind the humor as much as others, though.

They aren't on the list but I never played Fallout: Tactics (never had the money to buy it while it was out) and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel was just a poorly done game IMO (and this from someone who enjoys action RPGs and enjoyed the two Baldur's Gate games on the same engine). Not unplayable, but ultimately just not very interesting or fun to play.

Fallout 3 has been fun so far. But like FO:BoS, its a very different game from the first two Fallouts. Not bad, just different. It makes them hard to compare; for what Fallout 3 has set out to do it has done well, so far in the game though.

So at the moment, I'd probably give Fallout 1 the nod for the best of the series.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Looks like a pretty even spread right now. Fallout 1 and 2 are tied. I don't get the Fallout 1 purists who say that the only reason someone could prefer 2 to 1 is because he played 2 first. Your lips and my backside. :) I played 1 first, bought off the shelf soon after they published it, and enjoyed every minute. I enjoyed every minute of 2. There were many more minutes of 2. Enjoying each minute equally, I have to give the nod to 2.

Geez, people get stupid in advocating their game preferences. Like I assume the worst about folks because they liked 1 better. What the hell? haha

Looks like a pretty even spread right now. Fallout 1 and 2 are tied. I don't get the Fallout 1 purists who say that the only reason someone could prefer 2 to 1 is because he played 2 first. Your lips and my backside. :grin: I played 1 first, bought off the shelf soon after they published it, and enjoyed every minute. I enjoyed every minute of 2. There were many more minutes of 2. Enjoying each minute equally, I have to give the nod to 2.

Geez, people get stupid in advocating their game preferences. Like I assume the worst about folks because they liked 1 better. What the hell? haha

That was my theory and it is not absolute by any means. I was merely remarking that there seems a tendency for people to like the first Fallout game they played better.

Fallout 2 is bigger, faster, more, more, more, more.

Fallout 1 is tighter, leaner, less goofy, and (more) original.

I'm not putting one down over the other, merely stating that they are in fact very different. My preference is Fallout 1, but that's not a statement of the absolute worth of the game. Merely a statement of my preference.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

"Fallout 2 was a lot like Fallout 2"

I agree. :grin:

I was afraid to move past the most obvious of conclusions. :sorcerer:

But clearly I meant Fallout 2 was a lot like Fallout 1. And it was. same engine, same mechanics. Bigger in scope, certainly. And not a bad game. I've probably played FO1 and FO2 about the same amount of times.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That was my theory and it is not absolute by any means. I was merely remarking that there seems a tendency for people to like the first Fallout game they played better.

Fallout 2 is bigger, faster, more, more, more, more.

Fallout 1 is tighter, leaner, less goofy, and (more) original.

I'm not putting one down over the other, merely stating that they are in fact very different. My preference is Fallout 1, but that's not a statement of the absolute worth of the game. Merely a statement of my preference.

Agreed, and that really just comes down to personal preference. As I said earlier, we are lucky that all three titles have been fantastic in their own right, despite bringing something different to the table each time.

I'm a BIO fanboy 'cause I rated the NWN OC 75%, find KOTOR overrated, didn't buy Sonic RPG or two other of their games, Dave Gaider of BIO hates me, and so on.

Yeah, despite all of that you remain unquestionably loyal to them, in true fanboy fashion.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.