Quotes

Trenitay

Looking for a ton of good quotes. They can be about anything and by anyone. Thank you for any contributions.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate.

- John F. Kennedy

I heard this version first though, which I prefer:

Never fear to compromise, but never compromise out of fear.

Fortune favors the bald.

You'll never get rid of a bad temper by losing it.

- Bus Ticket

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Guest The Architect

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while.

Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: "Is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride." And we... kill those people.

"Shut him up. We have a lot invested in this ride shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we at least try and kill those good guys who tell us that you ever notice that? And let the demons run a muck. But it doesn't matter, because...

It's just a ride, and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead, see all of us as one.

Here's what we can do to change the world right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defence each year and instead spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world which it would many times over, not one human being excluded and we can explore space together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."

~ Bill Hicks

I think Winston Churchill said of an opponent that he was "a humble man, with much to be humble about"

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood."

~ Marie Curie

Except me, of course. :shifty:

Seriously...

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

- Thomas Jefferson

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

- Thomas Paine

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"I like my sex the way I play basketball. One on one with as little dribbling as possible." - Leslie Nielsen

"Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast." - Douglas Adams

"Maybe there is no actual place called hell. Maybe hell is just having to listen to our grandparents breathe through their noses when they're eating sandwiches." - Jim Carrey

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

- Howard Phillips Lovecraft, "The Call of Cthulhu"

Yeah. That was Lovecraft's favorite quote to, and attributing it to him would be faulty. Algernon Blackwood wrote that.

Edited by TrueNeutral

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."

Douglas Adams

"We're not making a game just for you and ten other angry guys with tastes that are narrower than a hallway in a camp of pygmy dwarves."

J.E. Sawyer

"Just so you know, I have been practicing running in circles backwards"

Me

"Trust no one and rely on your instincts."

Agent 47

"What? You seek something? You wish to multiply yourself tenfold, a hundredfold? You seek followers? Seek zeros!"

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Do, or do not. There is no

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

"Quoting yourself is like giving yourself a bj in the mirror. Completely blowhardy and slightly queer."

Me, just now

"What are you doing....wai- wait, fio, don't press that button please, please I'll do anything, I'll give you a reach aro-"

Me, in approx 10 seconds

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

"Never drink more than one Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster unless you are a 30 ton mega elephant with bronchial pneumonia."

-Zaphod Beeblebrox

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."

- Sir Winston Churchill

"At what point shall we expect the approach of danger? By what means shall we fortify against it? Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant, to step the Ocean, and crush us at a blow? Never! All the armies of Europe, Asia, and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth...could not by force, take a drink from the Ohio, or make a track on the Blue Ridge, in a trial of a thousand years... If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

- Abraham Lincoln

"Who would fear the wrath of cowards?"

-Thomas Paine

"If there are no dogs in heaven I do not want to go. When I die, send me wherever they went"

-Roy Rogers

"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg."

- Abraham Lincoln

"There is nothing on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man"

-George R.R. Martin

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

As I get older, I find myself more and more in agreement with this one:

"My memory of how I was at the age of eighteen was that I knew absolutely everything there was to know. There were no subjects on which I didn't have a coherent and forceful opinion. And as the years go by, that has just fallen away. I feel like a baby now. I feel as if I have less and less technical expertise. I feel like I know nothing about anything. I suppose what's actually happening is that the arrogance of one's youth is just sort of disintegrating. And the truth is, I never knew anything."

----- Hugh Laurie

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts