Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir Discussion

Darque

sssssoooooooo...

has been been 'bout a year since we upgraded our pc with anything save more ram. there just ain't been enough pc games released to make it an issue for Gromnir. is more an issue of sloth than frugality.

*shrug*

is hardware requirements for soz much higher than motb? motb ran pretty smooth on Gromnir's rig... but that were a goodly time ago. heck, most o' our underwear is newer than our pc. am willing to buy a new gpu to play soz, but that would cut into nap time or gym time or fo3 time.

anyone.

bueller?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Also, as it's a lower-level game than MotB, we probably won't be seeing as many swarms of high-level spell effects that tend to cause the biggest performance hits.

Edited by Enoch

Also, as it's a lower-level game than MotB, we probably won't be seeing as many swarms of high-level spell effects that tend to cause the biggest performance hits.

I found that MotB actually ran better on my system than NWN2 OC.

that was the case for Gromnir too... motb were much smoother. am simply curious if all the new features in soz came at a performance price.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It's sort of a mixed bag. We did quite a bit of optimization with Storm of Zehir, but at the same time there is a lot going on on those overland maps. We suggest a higher minimum specification and that should be reflected on the box and in the manual.

But! Once you get in and start playing, it's pretty cool. I can't wait to see how the modders and PW people use the overland map.

Thanks for the clarification.

Just out of interest: What are the minimum and the recommended requirements for the Storm of Zehir?

My current system is:

Pentium M 760 2GHz

2 GB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon X700 with 128MB VRAM

100GB HDD

Will I be able to run it?

I am actually getting a new computer around the end of the week, which can run it for sure, but I left my install disks back in Slovakia, so I will have to make do with my old computer, where the games are already installed, until I return back to my country.

Bit late as news but just in case, Ztorm of Zehir designer blog update by Scott Everts at IGN and Interview with Obsidian at Thieves Guild.

As expected, Storm of Zehir seems to be more of Wasteland and classic Fallouts, which mix narrative and world simulation with some classic role-playing game factors such as by-the-book permanent death and customizable party rather than of Planescape:Torment and Mask of the Betrayer, which are heavily focused on narrative choices and story/character development. SoZ may be able to satisfy "geeky" needs which are not fulfilled by the of Fallout 3.

You may be interested in visiting the "official" board, too.

Thanks for the clarification.

Just out of interest: What are the minimum and the recommended requirements for the Storm of Zehir?

My current system is:

Pentium M 760 2GHz

2 GB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon X700 with 128MB VRAM

100GB HDD

Will I be able to run it?

I am actually getting a new computer around the end of the week, which can run it for sure, but I left my install disks back in Slovakia, so I will have to make do with my old computer, where the games are already installed, until I return back to my country.

Anybody knows about the minimum and required specs yet?

Well Atari's website has:

Minimum System Requirements

Operating System: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Hard Disk Space:8 GB free hard disk space

DVD-ROM Drive: 6X speed or faster

Video: ATI Radeon X700 or NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or higher

Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card

DirectX: DirectX version 9.0c (included) or higher

Multiplayer:Broadband connection for multiplayer online play

Input: Keyboard, Mouse

Recommended System Requirements

Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D 805 or AMD X2 +3800 or faster

Memory: 2 GB System RAM

Video Card: ATI Radeon X1950 512MB series, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 512MB series, or higher

I'm guessing that's what's planned to be on the box.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It hasn't been added to Atari's Digital Downloads yet. Dunno if it will be or not.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Does anyone know how many companions we are going to have and which are those?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

a party of 4 i believe, but you build them all yourself. there are opportunities to pick up an NPC here or there as i recall. somewhere buried in this thread are details to that end...

taks

comrade taks... just because.