Things you irrationally fear

Rosbjerg

Inspired by some posts the Yathzee thread in CnC. I thought we could discuss irrational fears.

Some people fear clowns or monkeys, dwarves or gardens.

I've always had this irrational fear of people dressing in childish animal costumes, you know, the kind that Disney Land is filled with. I've always thought they looked extremely scary. It's gone so far that I'll cross the street just to avoid them talking to me.

What's your irrational fear?

Fortune favors the bald.

As said in the Yahtzee thread, I've been afraid of clowns for most of my life thanks to seeing IT at age 6. I overcame my fear by seeing it again a few years ago and realizing how silly that film actually was.

Other than that, not much really. Women used to scare me during most of my teenage years, but that problem has been fixed quite well now.

Oh yeah, I'm still (and always will be) afraid of waking up at any hour that doesn't have 2 digits.

I fear swimming in sea or a lake without swim trunks. Some fish might try to snap my precious off.

Also, those dogs who goes straight to sniffing peoples nether regions, because they might try to snap my precious off.

And those really thin hollywood actresses with really white teethy smiles for similar reasons as above.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I fear the large deep dark water thing and social interaction and not really scared but actually yeah kind of scary but not appropriate for the forums but girl part. Very scary, sometimes even nightmarish. ;(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

anything around my neck.

not totally irrational, however, as i did get choked by a jump-rope while playing on a swing when i was 6 or 7. it took me several years to get to where i could even wear a necklace, and it had to be extra long. ties are out except on very rare occasions and all of my shirts are loose fitting.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

oh yeah... i forgot about food fears. i once watched my brother gurf some peaches, so they're on my don't go near list and once we had some sort of bug in our creamed corn. neither of the two have touched my lips since.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Barack Obama

;(

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Proximity to other people. Put me in a room with more than few people in it and I automatically start searching for the exits. I hate public transportation too for the same reason. It's less bad when I know the people around me though, the better I know them the less oppressive it feels.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Bees, Wasps, and Hornets.

Bzzz!...

:aiee:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein