What are you playing now?

Gorth

I'm actually a lot more impressed with Northrend than I was the Hellfire Peninsula. Being forced to fight a hellboar every other step while dodging the Fel Reaver sucked. Northrend has good quests, and you can enjoy them a lot more. I came to love Hellfire, but mostly because Fel Iron is soooo plentiful there. The wife and I are hitting WoW again presently.

Did you go through the Tundra or the Fjord, I went tundra but heard that the Fjord was better. Dragonblight has some FANTASTIC set pieces (seeing two of the Warcraft 3 scenes done in WoW's engine was AMAZING, as was the battle of Wrathgate (which looks like the gate to mordor from the Peter Jackson movies))

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The wife and I first went to the Tundra and then one of our friends, probably buying into the hype, wanted us to go to the Fjord. I will say that the Fjord is prettier, but the quests in the Tundra are just as fun. We haven't gone far. We're only 3/4 of the way to 72 so far. I'm not really even playing with any of my other characters, just my scrub hunter. I notice the game has a Lord of the Rings feel to it, but I've never been into the backstory. It's not terrible, just prone to the same sort of hyperbole that I hate in all these games. Still, a lot of fun.

Deus Ex, and it's nothing special. Decent stuff collected into a well polished game.

Although, that might be because I don't see a lot of 'C&C' or nonlinearity yet. Like,

the choice whether to kill that guy or not when Navarre prompts you... is that meant to change stuff? i.e. are you supposed to be able to side with UNATCO the whole way? Maybe the game just doesn't tell you when you've made a choice?

Is Lionheart worth downloading for free on Gametap?

yes and no - it has some major problems. Combat is a hybrid between BG, Diablo and SPECIAL, taking the worst from all engines. The story is somewhat lacking, but the setting is brilliant imo.

I don't know, it's both really good and really abysimal at the same time - it depends on how forgiving you are, I had a lot of fun with it, playing co-op with a friend. But I never finished it, it was simply too hard (both to play and forgive) at times.

Fortune favors the bald.

Deus Ex, and it's nothing special. Decent stuff collected into a well polished game.

Although, that might be because I don't see a lot of 'C&C' or nonlinearity yet. Like,

the choice whether to kill that guy or not when Navarre prompts you... is that meant to change stuff? i.e. are you supposed to be able to side with UNATCO the whole way? Maybe the game just doesn't tell you when you've made a choice?

The choices in DX are in how you complete your objectives, not changing the story. It more like the Thief or Hitman series.

Is Lionheart worth downloading for free on Gametap?

yes and no - it has some major problems. Combat is a hybrid between BG, Diablo and SPECIAL, taking the worst from all engines. The story is somewhat lacking, but the setting is brilliant imo.

I don't know, it's both really good and really abysimal at the same time - it depends on how forgiving you are, I had a lot of fun with it, playing co-op with a friend. But I never finished it, it was simply too hard (both to play and forgive) at times.

I'm an abberation in that I enjoyed the game. The early part is actually pretty good. However, later you're fighting tough but uninspired enemies like "English Footman" or somesuch. Only, it's not like a "haha, some scrub footman that I'm going to smite." It's more like, "wow, I have to kill about a thousand of these tough footman bastards?"

All in all, I think the biggest problem is that they used all of their good design ideas on the early game and the last half sucked. However, as a rare treat, you can use speech on the final boss to win the game.

My take, like Rosbjerg, is that the setting is wonderful. It could have been a great game, kind of like Badlands was supposed to be the first in a series. Instead, they managed to screw it up enough that we can probably say goodbye to a splendid backstory.

I'm getting ready to play "change the cat litter." Believe me, it's not a fun game and it's impossible to win.

Still playing Fallout 3 but added Storm of Zehir to the list.

Well nominally Storm of Zehir, since I keep restarting with different characters in my party...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm actually a lot more impressed with Northrend than I was the Hellfire Peninsula. Being forced to fight a hellboar every other step while dodging the Fel Reaver sucked. Northrend has good quests, and you can enjoy them a lot more. I came to love Hellfire, but mostly because Fel Iron is soooo plentiful there. The wife and I are hitting WoW again presently.

Did you go through the Tundra or the Fjord, I went tundra but heard that the Fjord was better. Dragonblight has some FANTASTIC set pieces (seeing two of the Warcraft 3 scenes done in WoW's engine was AMAZING, as was the battle of Wrathgate (which looks like the gate to mordor from the Peter Jackson movies))

You guys are confusing me, doesnt the zepplin drop you off at the Fjord? How did you not do the Fjord first? Also, Ive done around 80 of the 150 quests in Dragonblight but havent seen any cutscenes, is that an Alliance quest chain?

Anywho, currently level 73.5 and having a blast. Unbelievably, my epic gear has stood up so far wrt being replaced and Ive only traded out a trinket for another trinket that blasts your selected target with a lighting bolt after you "store up" four critical hits. Pretty cool and procs like crazy.

I have that critical hit trinket also, Gfted1. That's pretty sweet. It looks like a small noose or something. Even my scrub hunter hasn't replaced a lot of gear. My former gun sucked eggs, so it went pretty fast, but the other stuff hasn't gone as fast as my gear did when I came over to the Outlands when the BC xpac shipped.

Okay, for those who didn't know, you can get to Northrend one of two easy ways. The boat from Stormwind takes you to the Borean Tundra. The boat from Menethil takes you to the Fjord. There is a horde equivalent for both places, although I've only brought alliance over so far.

You guys are confusing me, doesnt the zepplin drop you off at the Fjord? How did you not do the Fjord first? Also, Ive done around 80 of the 150 quests in Dragonblight but havent seen any cutscenes, is that an Alliance quest chain?

Anywho, currently level 73.5 and having a blast. Unbelievably, my epic gear has stood up so far wrt being replaced and Ive only traded out a trinket for another trinket that blasts your selected target with a lighting bolt after you "store up" four critical hits. Pretty cool and procs like crazy.

Hordy... :p

Like Aristes said, the boat from menethil leads to the Fjord. Also the Zepp from Orgrimar leads to the tundra. Honestly the only fun part that I found about Orgrimmar was D.H.E.T.A. and Coldarra, everything else was forgettable. But Dragonblight? watching Bolvar Fordragon take on the Lich king and then watching Arthas first pick up Frostmourn and see the image of his reaction to his fathers orders from warcraft three rendered in WoW's engine was awesome. I just wish I could pick up arthas's old hammer.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Whaaaaaaa? These a zep in Orgrimaar too? I took the one from UC and afaik, it only goes to the Fjord. Man, being a mage has really spoiled me. Im never farther then one spell away from a capital city and I was tickled pink to get the Dalaran teleport spell. It must really suck for you chumps that have to take public transportation everywhere. :p

LotR Online - The expansion is perfect. I've moved into the Mines of Moria after a pretty frantic episode with that creature in the swamp. The Mines are insanely huge. I've only tumbled into one deep crevice though, so I think I'm ahead of the curve. I'm a stone's throw away from level 52, but I really have just been enjoying all the new quests, the leveling is just a bonus. I hope the next expansion comes out within a year, I think it will be Rohan. I also think they'll add that big forest with Cate Blanchett as a free content update down the line. But for now, I've got plenty to explore.

LotR Online - The expansion is perfect. I've moved into the Mines of Moria after a pretty frantic episode with that creature in the swamp. The Mines are insanely huge. I've only tumbled into one deep crevice though, so I think I'm ahead of the curve. I'm a stone's throw away from level 52, but I really have just been enjoying all the new quests, the leveling is just a bonus. I hope the next expansion comes out within a year, I think it will be Rohan. I also think they'll add that big forest with Cate Blanchett as a free content update down the line. But for now, I've got plenty to explore.

Yay *does a dance*

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

After playing Fallout 3, I decided to go back to Fallout and play that. After that Fallout 2.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I would play SOZ but it needs a stupidly large patch so I'll just go play solitare instead... mmmm solitare.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!