What are you playing now?

Gorth

Just picked up Call of Duty: World at War today. So far, I'm enjoying it. Yes, it's a lot like CoD4, but there are some decent changes, plus the different setting, add up to make it a worthy purchase.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Man, you guys play a lot of games. I'm jealous. :)

Ever since I quit my job to go back to school I only have enough in my budget to get games that I really want to play. This month was Fallout 3 and that was because it was a birthday present. My girlfriend got me a gift card since she knows I like games but didn't know which one to buy. The perfect present really.

This is good because now I can buy Storm of Zehir. :)

Fallout 3. I am exploring outside of the city limits to see what is out there in the way of encounters or minor quests.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Just picked up Call of Duty: World at War today. So far, I'm enjoying it. Yes, it's a lot like CoD4, but there are some decent changes, plus the different setting, add up to make it a worthy purchase.

I agree, it seems like a ton of fun so far. Is that Keifer Sutherland as the sergeant?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Gears of War 2. Co-op campaign was awesome, as expected, and Horde mode + Wingman (PvP 2v2v2v2v2) has made this more than worth the $60. I'll probably still be playing this a year from now.

Yup... one of the best $60 you'll spend in a long time.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Finished Dead Space.

Let me be the first to say: Brilliant work, EA. That was amazing. I never in a million years could have seen this coming.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 1

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

I just started to play both games, and the first is hard as hell. I'm playing the game at medium, and I'm having trouble getting passed the fourth level. What a tough game.

Very good game, repetitive though, but I guess if you played it over 6 months it probably didin't seem like that to you.

Yeah, the information gathering missions were quite boring and repetitive. But that was kinda my only problem. I thought the actual assassinations were pretty good, I didn't mind the long dialouge either, which I hard was a immersion killer for most.

And I enjoyed the combat too, even though it was somewhat lackluster when 200+ enemies were waiting to get chopped down in the end missions.

Have any of you heard anything about a sequel? The ending was even more of a cliffhanger than The Longest Journey - Dreamfall.

Fortune favors the bald.

Have any of you heard anything about a sequel?

I believe it was always planned as a series. Maybe a trilogy, I don't remember. I think the only news about a sequel so far was from an animator talking about getting Altair to swim.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Very good game, repetitive though, but I guess if you played it over 6 months it probably didin't seem like that to you.

Yeah, the information gathering missions were quite boring and repetitive. But that was kinda my only problem. I thought the actual assassinations were pretty good, I didn't mind the long dialouge either, which I hard was a immersion killer for most.

And I enjoyed the combat too, even though it was somewhat lackluster when 200+ enemies were waiting to get chopped down in the end missions.

Have any of you heard anything about a sequel? The ending was even more of a cliffhanger than The Longest Journey - Dreamfall.

I was mad when I actually got the game and found out about the Animus thing. Why do all games try to have some epic plot twist that winds up failing most of the time?

I tried out Resident Evil 4 on PC today. Jeez, the controls suck. I did have that Mouse Aim thingy, but aiming was too sensitive...but anyway, so I just played a bit. Either I suck, or the game's actually really tough. I stopped playing after some zombies rolled a huge stone down a hill and I couldn't figure out how to evade it (press 1 and 3....waht?).

So, after I quit frustratingly, I was reminded by some fond memories of good old Resident Evil 1. Installed it, and it even ran at first! Unfortunately, I had to put a whole magazine into a single zombie until he stayed dead. Then I ran back, and then the game freezed. Oh well. At least if I decide to give RE5 a shot, I know my PS3 ought to be suited for that.

Edited by Morgoth

Dead Space is just so much better than the Resident Evil games.

It's actually got a few innovative ideas, and just plain plays better than RE: switching weapons on the fly, moving AND shooting, dismemberment mechanic and mos timportantly, the plot and dialogue don't suck.

[/fanboy mode]

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Dead Space is Doom 3 with a few tweaks and a reskin.

[/anti-fanboy mode]

Really, it's mostly RE4, in space, with some kinda new interesting mechanics and a decent plot. Doom 3 is nowhere close.

... one look at the game will tell you that. It's more strategic with the dismemberment than RE4, and the zero-g sections are really nice. Atmosphere is gorgeous and yes, it has some gimmicky features like the stasis and kinetic abilities. Immersion is very present and everything but saving screens and the start screen is real-time. It's better than RE4 in terms of gameplay (IMO) and is as close to Doom 3 as any other shooter.

But mostly, its nice to see EA is actually making interesting titles, and I don't mean publishing, I mean really developping them (Dead Space was made by an inhouse studio in Redwood).

A good game, brings some nice additions to the survival/resident evil forumla, but not a masterpiece or anything.

[/serious mode]

[fanboy mode]

omg **** u

[/fanboy mode]

I haven't played Dead Space yet beyond Chapter 4. It's a very good game, but nothing memorable so far. Ain't a classic in my book. And I'm still waiting for a Patch so that I can re-map my keys. And while I agree that Dead Space is better than RE4 gameplay-wise, RE4 does have an unique scary atmosphere that DS just lacks. I guess Zombies moving slowly towards you while cursing in Spanish is more creepy than a silly Human-Zerg that I can blow into little pieces in no time.

I got screwed over by my goalie in the NHL 2k9 tournament I was part of today. I out shot my opponent by a count of 16-3, yet I lost the game by a score of 2-1. So not fair. My only goal came while shorthanded on a 5-on-3.

I ended up playing a few more matches with the guy who beat me after all the official matches were done. He never got more than 4 shots on net and I never got less than 15 yet the scores in the three games I played against him were 1-0, 1-0 and 0-3 for me. The one game that I won had Steen score a hat trick with two really pretty goals and one that probably shouldn't have happened. The first had him come in down the wing, get in behind the defender and cut to the net, Toskala (both teams were Toronto) went to pokecheck , but Steen did a spin-o-rama and put a backhander in past Toskala. The second was when Steen came in off the same wing and blasted a shot into the far top corner of the net. The other guy accidentally switched to goalie control just before I shot the puck and he didn't know what was going on. The third goal had Steen pick up the puck off a scrambled draw at center ice before splitting the d-men and doing a nice little backhand-forehand deke before roofing it high over the glove.

picked up a few games recently, but what to play:

bioshock

sins of a solar empire

jade empire

gears of war 2

galactic civ

the witcher

i've just finished playing fallout3 and mass effect and enjoyed both of them, so i wouldn't mind another action rpg. is bioshock, which i've heard is similar, any good?

what type of game is the witcher? stupid hack and slash rpg like diablo or is it more to it?