Eulogy for a game

Requiescas in pace.

And Jediphile, that was really good.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

The possibilty of k3 all depends on how well the MMO goes. Maybe if the MMO bombs out, they'll say "Hey! Maybe a continuation of k2 -that's not a MMO- is a great idea!" If the money they made the MMO for doesn't show up.... maybe they'll see it the fan's way.

Don't bury swkotor 3 just yet...

I'll wait for the feedback on the MMO before I throw myself on the coffin, crying with grief.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

The possibilty of k3 all depends on how well the MMO goes. Maybe if the MMO bombs out, they'll say "Hey! Maybe a continuation of k2 -that's not a MMO- is a great idea!" If the money they made the MMO for doesn't show up.... maybe they'll see it the fan's way.

Sadly that seems unlikely to me. For one thing, SWtOR has hijacked the K3 plot. So even if it fails and LA decides to retrace their steps towards SP CRPG, there is virtually no way to recover the Revan and Exile vs. True Sith plot...

It's dead, Jim. :shifty:

Sadly that seems unlikely to me. For one thing, SWtOR has hijacked the K3 plot. So even if it fails and LA decides to retrace their steps towards SP CRPG, there is virtually no way to recover the Revan and Exile vs. True Sith plot...

It's dead, Jim. :huh:

What's more, the SWOR MMO will not fail. It will almost certainly be a huge success and even any kind of 'failure' in terms of meeting expectations would still probably not result in the game losing money.

the future of k3 doesn't depend on the releasing of a game. it could be a book and i'd be happy. if you can convince LA that there is mounds of money around the releasing of k3 (game, book, movie), there is a chance. i have to partially agree with the DeathScepter. everything about swkotor rests in the hands of the fans. if the majority of fans want k3 (not the MMO), that's what they'll get. although.... the chances of the majority of swkotor fans refusing to play the MMO is slim. =(

I for one... will not play the MMO. end of story. that's what i mean when i say that the possibility of k3 rests in the success of failure of the MMO.

FANS, UNITE!! :brows:

:o

THE HEADLINES READ:

GEORGE LUCAS HELD HOSTAGE BY CRAZED SWKOTOR FANS

:lol:

Maybe someone will write the continuation of k2 that we want . *HINT! HINT! HINT! OBSIDIAN* (if they're even listening)

They would probably even make nice money off a book. Though... a k3 game couldn't be beat. =(

I actually prefer a good book to a good game.

Keyword being "good". Most "novellisations" of things aren't really that great, though I liked what Feist made of Betrayal at Krondor.

edit: actually come to think of it, that may be because there aren't so many games that are as good as good books. Kotor 2 is definitely up there as one of the best written games ever, same with Torment, and it would be hard to beat with a book.

So in the end I guess I have no special preference of game vs book, I just want whatever comes out to be well written!

Edited by Markus Ramikin