Fallout 3

jaguars4ever

hahaha That one actually got me. I had to stifle a laugh because, while I'm up at all hours playing the damned game, the wife isn't. Still, too many marches and whatnot on enclave radio. I like the retro feel of Galaxy Radio, even though I think the devs were pretty heavy handed in regards to politics. What game devs aren't?

You guys, if you have spoilerish pictures why not post them in the spoiler section?

We could make a mild spoiler thread, where only start to midlevel content is revealed. I just thought that would be a better idea than a large group of us having to avoid this thread. Which I kinda feel inclined to do now.

Fortune favors the bald.

Yet another thing I love about this game is that it has some actual role-fing-playing which is a jaw dropping shock from Bethesda. I've seen more stat/skill based choices during dialog than any other RPG I've played. You can outright skip some side quests and still get the reward for them.

In one of Moira's later quests I had the option to write the chapter on robots due to a high science skill instead of going off to investigate a factory. This being my first playthrough though, I decided to explore the factory.

I really feel like my choices make a difference like in F1 & F2 and in many ways, more so.

Also, finally got Dog Meat. He completely craps on every other non-speaking NPC in any RPG. Hilarious to see Raiders running in terror as he chases them down. :grin: Love how you can send him out for supplies and inject him with stim packs if he gets injured.

In Andale, those

delightful cannibal families

, are they part of a quest, or is it just up to the player to decide their fate if

you go poking about in the basement and shed

?

Is that what they are up to? I broke the lock on the shed so I just left.

I can't seem to find any joinable npcs.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Mkreku, how about some hints about where you are finding all these bobble heads? ;(

I think I could TRY to disclose where I found seven of them. But I was dumb enough to NOT record where I found the first two >_<

Basically I'm wandering the wasteland and just checking out whatever I find.

Perception bobblehead:

Far north east on the overhead map lies something called Republic of Dave (I think). In it is a museum. It lies on one of the shelves in the tiny museum. Easy to spot.

Charisma bobblehead:

Vault 108, far east on the overhead map. In the cloning labs (you'll know why it's called that when you get there..). In one of the big rooms to the northeast in the labs is a desk. It's on it.

I think the others have already been mentioned in this thread..

Strength on Lucas Simms desk, Science on a shelf in the living quarters in Vault 106, Intelligence on a doctor's desk in the Science lab in Rivet City, the one on your father's desk in Vault 101 etc.

It annoys me that I have no clue where I found the melee and barter bobbleheads. I found those early and in very obscure places.. One was lying on a floor in some sort of sewer in the middle of nowhere!

Oh, and I have basically given up hope of ever finding all the Keller family tapes. I've found three now, but the last one I found was on the overhead map! It wasn't even in something marked on the map, just lying on a desk in one of the millions of broken houses that scatter the wasteland! I couldn't find my way back there even if I tried! I took a screenshot of the map where I found it, but.. it really doesn't say much.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Who was it that said Bethesda has a garden gnome fetish? I agree.

Fallout3SS11.jpg

Anyhow, I found bobblehead number 10:

Fallout3SS12.jpg

For those interested in spoiling the bobblehead hunt for themselves:

It's in a place called CO quarters, far to the north (west of Oasis) on the overhead map. You need to go down into the basement and look in the safe.

Mkreku, how about some hints about where you are finding all these bobble heads? :aiee:

I think I could TRY to disclose where I found seven of them. But I was dumb enough to NOT record where I found the first two o:)

Basically I'm wandering the wasteland and just checking out whatever I find.

Perception bobblehead:

Far north east on the overhead map lies something called Republic of Dave (I think). In it is a museum. It lies on one of the shelves in the tiny museum. Easy to spot.

Charisma bobblehead:

Vault 108, far east on the overhead map. In the cloning labs (you'll know why it's called that when you get there..). In one of the big rooms to the northeast in the labs is a desk. It's on it.

I think the others have already been mentioned in this thread..

Strength on Lucas Simms desk, Science on a shelf in the living quarters in Vault 106, Intelligence on a doctor's desk in the Science lab in Rivet City, the one on your father's desk in Vault 101 etc.

It annoys me that I have no clue where I found the melee and barter bobbleheads. I found those early and in very obscure places.. One was lying on a floor in some sort of sewer in the middle of nowhere!

Oh, and I have basically given up hope of ever finding all the Keller family tapes. I've found three now, but the last one I found was on the overhead map! It wasn't even in something marked on the map, just lying on a desk in one of the millions of broken houses that scatter the wasteland! I couldn't find my way back there even if I tried! I took a screenshot of the map where I found it, but.. it really doesn't say much.

Thanks! I think I realize why I haven't been able to find any of those, I've yet to find those places. >_<

I've explored quite a bit in the central regions but I've yet to explore much of the south or north.

MKREKU!

How are you finding all of this stuff? Are you literally combing the wastes? I haven't found nearly as many cool things as you have, but I've been playing for over 3 days now!

I "ran into" my first Behemoth. He was caged and "helped" me clear a den of raiders. Too bad I had to put the big guy down afterward. Absolutely no gratitude for his freedom. It was an EPIC battle, though.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

How are you finding all of this stuff? Are you literally combing the wastes? I haven't found nearly as many cool things as you have, but I've been playing for over 3 days now!

Yes! I love combing the wastes and just explore whatever's out there! I live for these types of games!

I must say, this game is rising quickly on my All Time Games Rankings ©. Let's see where it ends up. I've unfortunately reached level 20 now so I'm not getting any more xp and I have barely begun the main quest!

Anyhow, rack up number 11:

Fallout3SS13.jpg

For the lazy:

It is located in the western parts of the overland map, in a dungeon called Deathclaw Sanctuary. Go straight south from the entrance (the place is like a maze, but try) and you'll find it on top of a buried barrel, next to a rotting cow.

Not to spoil anything or so, but..

Fallout3SS14.jpg

All you energy weapon folks, THIS is the weapon you want. Or is it a big gun? Not sure. It's also in the Deathclaw Sanctuary.

My latest inventions:

Fallout3SS15.jpg

Do I get an "Ugliest Weapon Ever" award now? :aiee:

This next one is a bit obscure:

Fallout3SS16.jpg

Yes, I built it. No, I didn't steal it from Freddy Krueger.

Ps.

Whenever you find a Nuka Cola Quantum; keep them. They'll come in handy.

I ran into the same situation, but ended up clearing all the raiders before I even realized there was a caged Behemoth.

I've got a very high skill with energy weapons and my 'Wazer Wifle' (No that is not a misspelling.) is very powerful. I hunt wascally waiders with it.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

I ran into the same situation, but ended up clearing all the raiders before I even realized there was a caged Behemoth.

I've got a very high skill with energy weapons and my 'Wazer Wifle' (No that is not a misspelling.) is very powerful. I hunt wascally waiders with it.

Wazer Wifle? Is that a unique weapon? :( My favorite weapon is the android's Plasma Rifle. Is it the only Plasma rifle in the game? I know some robots use plasma rifle ammo, but no plasma rifles. Only laser.

And dammit, I just reached level 20 and picked the explorer perk. I shouldn't have done that. Now I can see the dozens of places I never came anywhere close to, yet. Sweet jesus! This is the kind of game, though, that on the second run through, you'll forget so much and where everything is because of the huge amounts of time that go by. I'm considering starting over with my melee character. Does anybody here have any experience with one? Too bad you can't target melee weapons :( I'd love to tee off on some mutie heads.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Finally found a UFO and an alien blaster. Almost twice the damage of the android lazer rifle. Is that the dart gun or the slingshot that shoots rails in the middle. I never found any schematics other than what you can buy, plus the shish kebab.

One of the caravans had a ripper though.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I'm considering starting over with my melee character. Does anybody here have any experience with one?

Here's what I just whipped up, Ark:

Name: Oleg Taktarov

ST - 9

PE - 2

EN - 9

CH - 2

IN - 5

AG - 9

LU - 4

Tag: Unarmed, Melee, Science

Level 2: Little Leaguer

Level 3: Intense Training - Endurance

Level 4: Iron Fist

Level 5: Intense Training - Strength

Level 6: Toughness

Level 7: Bloody Mess (or Lead Belly)

Level 8: Strong Back

Level 9: Rad Resistance

Level 10: Nerd Rage (or Mysterious Stranger)

Level 11: Finesse

Level 12: Life Giver

Level 13: Fast Metabolism

Level 14: Adamantium Skeleton

Level 15: Cyborg

Level 16: Better Criticals

Level 17: Action Boy

Level 18: Paralyzing Palm

Level 19: Infiltrator

Level 20: Ninja

:(

manthing2.jpg

I'm considering starting over with my melee character. Does anybody here have any experience with one?

Here's what I just whipped up, Ark:

Name: Oleg Taktarov

ST - 9

PE - 2

EN - 9

CH - 2

IN - 5

AG - 9

LU - 4

Tag: Unarmed, Melee, Science

Level 2: Little Leaguer

Level 3: Intense Training - Endurance

Level 4: Iron Fist

Level 5: Intense Training - Strength

Level 6: Toughness

Level 7: Bloody Mess (or Lead Belly)

Level 8: Strong Back

Level 9: Rad Resistance

Level 10: Nerd Rage (or Mysterious Stranger)

Level 11: Finesse

Level 12: Life Giver

Level 13: Fast Metabolism

Level 14: Adamantium Skeleton

Level 15: Cyborg

Level 16: Better Criticals

Level 17: Action Boy

Level 18: Paralyzing Palm

Level 19: Infiltrator

Level 20: Ninja

:shifty:

How did that work out? And Bloody Mess? Did you just take it for the extra 5% damage or just for kicks?

What is the quickest way to get a supersledge? Oh, and where can you get power armor training? (feel free to use spoil tags)

Edited by Arkan

[quote name='H

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

As you may have assumed from my absence, I've been absolutely enthralled by this game. I cannot really give it enough praise, with some non-critical but minor niggles:

1. A bit more sense to the decor, please. People in a permanent dwelling don't leave corpses in the bathtub. They also arrange for the basics, like toilets and brothels as a priority.

2. Bullet physics felt all screwy. Can it really be so hard, after so many years of shooters?

3. Some of the kit felt needlessly glamourised, a la Bioshock, rather than low-tech. Why in the name of christ are there bottle cap mines, but not simple black powder booby traps etc? Why a steam powered awesomeness funcannon (Rock-it launcher) but no thrown spears?

In every other respect a truly great game, with bags of potential, and real proper conversations and missions!!!!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

As you may have assumed from my absence, I've been absolutely enthralled by this game. I cannot really give it enough praise, with some non-critical but minor niggles:

1. A bit more sense to the decor, please. People in a permanent dwelling don't leave corpses in the bathtub. They also arrange for the basics, like toilets and brothels as a priority.

2. Bullet physics felt all screwy. Can it really be so hard, after so many years of shooters?

3. Some of the kit felt needlessly glamourised, a la Bioshock, rather than low-tech. Why in the name of christ are there bottle cap mines, but not simple black powder booby traps etc? Why a steam powered awesomeness funcannon (Rock-it launcher) but no thrown spears?

In every other respect a truly great game, with bags of potential, and real proper conversations and missions!!!!

Amen. The quality of quests in this game is pretty good.