petition for obsidian

this petitions goal is to make obsidian ask lucasarts to allow them to make kotor 3 or at least finish kotor 2

i think it might succeed because now lucasarts are working on kotors successor

and i think they will agree to finish revans story properly

so lets get started

Look, if the MMO title totally bombs, I predict that a proper K3 will appear a lot sooner than we thought. The strength of the series has been the epic story-telling, that's something LA won't neglect. I think the MMO could be a brilliant prelude (or "sequel"?) to a K3; shame my year-old laptop is barely capable of running TSL!

Look, if the MMO title totally bombs, I predict that a proper K3 will appear a lot sooner than we thought.

And thus we should not support it! :)

I doesn't have to bomb though... It could be a really good game after all. I think boycotting it will only hinder or set back any plans for a single-player K3, while they carry on focusing on the Vader-era that sells quite a lot of SW games.

I think boycotting it will only hinder or set back any plans for a single-player K3, while they carry on focusing on the Vader-era that sells quite a lot of SW games.

Hei guyz, buy Tactics, and we'll use your money to develop Fallout 3.

Hei guyz, buy Brotherhood of Steel, and we'll use your money to develop Fallout 3. Realz this time.

Sorry guyz, but Fallout 3 is too risky. We'll cancel it and spend the money on Dark Alliance 2 instead. Lulz!

20795.jpg

Obsidian did ask. They were told no. Move on. Obsidian has. That's why NWN2 expansion 2, AP, and A exist.

:( The sad truth is there are more sad fools out there that prefer KOTOR 1 to KOTOR 2. Those same sad fools wanted the franchise back woth BioWare, EA or no. And, sadly, from what I've seen, there ARE more K1/Bioware loving fools out there than there are the rest of us.

Lucas probably just went with popular opnion. And I'm willing to bet popular opinion says BioWare. :(

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

this petitions goal is to make obsidian ask lucasarts to allow them to make kotor 3 or at least finish kotor 2
Obsidian has already made it publically clear that they would like to work on KotOR III. Its all about getting LucasAsrts to give them a chance. You know how that will go.

They know something we don't. Thats the only reason they won't make K3. They have a secret plan. Or maybe SWTOR was their plan - for MMO fees - which is a terrible plan in my opinion.

Maybe they're just morons?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hey. KotOR MMO is KotOR 3... and 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and so on. So your getting more than you asked for.

And no, they aren't going with just popular opinion they are going with what they've been wanting to do for a very very long time. There is going to be some seriouse competition between SWG and SWTOR. Just accept it for what it is. Try out SWtOR and if you dont like it then forget it. There is more to life than KOTOR.

Even if SWTOR happens to fail and fall on its face, which it wont, Obsidian is not going to be given consent to make KOTOR 3. Plus SWTOR is pretty much garunteed to not fail... Its been anticipated since a while after KOTOR 2 was released and SWTOR.com has who knows how many people registered on their forums. There are already thousands of posts on that site and its only been out for not even 2 weeks.

There is no denying that this game is going to be popular right off the bat. I bet its only a matter of time before SWTOR announce the release date and start taking pre-orders for the game. Thats practically the key to having a successful online game... making it popular.

Yeah they are going to be dirty rich from making this game. However that does not mean that is why they are making it. BioWare truly wants make a MMO that tells a really good story. This game will not only be the fighting, the quests, and the interaction with other players, but also a deep story for the personal character. Its not just a person fighting with the Jedi Order or the Sith Empire, but a person with a past.

I beleive that BioWare and LA have made a good decision in making SWTOR and they know it too. If you want KOTOR 3 you better get word out of your petition because its going to need to be more popular than this game. Sorry guys (and girls) but this game is clearly going to be a huge success.

"Missie"? Why do I get the feeling that it doesn't matter WHAT I say to you, because I'm a woman?

I was only choosing to reinterate my earlier post, in which I said this:

:( The sad truth is there are more sad fools out there that prefer KOTOR 1 to KOTOR 2. Those same sad fools wanted the franchise back woth BioWare, EA or no. And, sadly, from what I've seen, there ARE more K1/Bioware loving fools out there than there are the rest of us.

Lucas probably just went with popular opnion. And I'm willing to bet popular opinion says BioWare. :sweat:

And yes, reading your post, I do choose to lump you in with said "sad fools out there that prefer KOTOR 1 to KOTOR 2." You're entitled to

beleive that BioWare and LA have made a good decision in making SWTOR

And I'm entitled to believe that you're a moron. :lol:

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

They have mastered the art of ignoring popular opinion and the amounts of cash certain sequels might bring in.

Yeah they're morons.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

And yes, reading your post, I do choose to lump you in with said "sad fools out there that prefer KOTOR 1 to KOTOR 2." You're entitled to

And I'm entitled to believe that you're a moron. :wowey:

Morons? Why can't we all be "people." Well maybe you dont know, but Im a human being and I have feelings.

Well, I never thought having an opinion could separate me from someone I respected so well before. I guess I was wrong. And for the record I said its a good decision to make SWTOR, not that I prefer KOTOR 1 to KOTOR 2. Oh and the "missie" thing was a joke. I dont have anything against you cause your a woman. Let alone anything at all.

Man this isn't even worth it.

let's face it: LA did it for money...

they knew they won't sell so many copies with kotor 3 as they're doing with this mmo

and yes, obsidian could've done a better job than bioware with kotor 3... the ending was made for a sequel and they knew how to continue it properly

but LA is becoming EA's brother... money over quality

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

And I'm entitled to believe that you're a moron. :grin:

Morons? Why can't we all be "people." Well maybe you dont know, but Im a human being and I have feelings.

Well, I never thought having an opinion could separate me from someone I respected so well before. I guess I was wrong. And for the record I said its a good decision to make SWTOR, not that I prefer KOTOR 1 to KOTOR 2. Oh and the "missie" thing was a joke. I dont have anything against you cause your a woman. Let alone anything at all.

Man this isn't even worth it.

Yeah guys, AlanWhiteWolf has feelings.