Dental Pain

Blarghagh

Okay, I got me in a fix. I've got me a wisdom teeth that's pressing against my other teeth including a few that were already damaged due to a childhood bike accident, which is causing kill hurt destroy type pain. I can't have it removed just yet or I risk causing major infections. I am already on painkillers, but they do not seem to be working or are just not strong enough. Naturally, because I am on painkillers using alcohol to dull the pain is NOT a good idea.

So, anyone know another way that I can make the hurting stop?

Home remedies seem to consist of everything from garlic cloves to peanut butter to vanilla extract to peppermint extract - dabbing such directly on the aching tooth/area or soaking a cotton ball. I have no idea if any of them really work. :)

One page of people's suggestions:

http://susangaer.com/studentprojects/tooth4.htm

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Is that what they used in Marathon Man?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Okay, I got me in a fix. I've got me a wisdom teeth that's pressing against my other teeth including a few that were already damaged due to a childhood bike accident, which is causing kill hurt destroy type pain. I can't have it removed just yet or I risk causing major infections. I am already on painkillers, but they do not seem to be working or are just not strong enough. Naturally, because I am on painkillers using alcohol to dull the pain is NOT a good idea.

So, anyone know another way that I can make the hurting stop?

well i'm all outta ideas then :huh:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Yeah seriously unless you have aids or just took a course of chemo you should get it removed immediately.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

If you can't stop the pain, can you take your mind off it? Maybe watch comedy? Go for a run?

You might try hypnosis, if you can find a good practitioner.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You should get a second opinion from another oral surgeon. The "infection at this point" sounds bogus to me. If it is a big concern you could always ask for light antibiotics and eat some extra yogurt to replace the helpful bacteria that would get killed in your intestines by the antibiotics. I think you'll be worse off for waiting.

But I have no idea what I'm talking about. So nevermind.

Edited by Blank

homerni7.jpg

Dental Plan

Lisa needs braces

Dental Plan

Lisa needs braces

Dental Plan

Lisa needs braces

>.>

:plays wierd als cavity search:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Demand they put you on doxycycline. That **** kills anything. And I mean ANYTHING.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Why exactly is removal not an option? Why more risk for infection now than any other time?

I had previous engagements that I didn't want to miss and required me to be outside a lot (and from experience I know that's not a good idea.)

Thanks everyone. Some of this stuff worked so well.

Why do I get the feeling he hates us?

-Elwood Blues

You meant it not sarcastically?

-Elwood Blues

We rule!

-Elwood Blues

Gaaah!

-Elwood Blues