What you did today

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Saving stuff from a HDD crash.., :sorcerer:

Testing my new Samsung 305T+ monitor. 2560x1600 looks nice :aiee:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Testing my new Samsung 305T+ monitor. 2560x1600 looks nice :sorcerer:

I'm so tempted to grab a BenQ G2400WD right now, but I can't afford it for another week or so.

I had a look at a few BenQ monitors too. In the end, I decided that I had been very happy with my old Samsung 19" and decided to stick with a brand that I knew. Not exactly a good reason for buying anything, I know :aiee:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I had a look at a few BenQ monitors too. In the end, I decided that I had been very happy with my old Samsung 19" and decided to stick with a brand that I knew. Not exactly a good reason for buying anything, I know :aiee:

Yeah. We've got two LG monitors here that were purchased in the last few months that are giving me monitor envy. My 19" CRT used to be the biggest monitor in the house. Technically it still is, but it no longer has the largest screen size. I used on of the LG's for a couple weeks to test it out while waiting for parts to get the other computer set up properly and the extra desk space alone was such a huge improvement. Then I had to give it back to my little brother. :sorcerer:

Got another job, forgot myself and played Bloodlines till the wee hours and am now gonna sleep.

Sleep deprivation hasn't kicked in yet, so I guess my internal clock is screwed. Doesn't bode well for the exam period next week, but what the hell. There'll be some other night to waste on sleeping.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

^deraldin (from other thread)

yup, i'm at nearly 6900 feet AMSL. i work at about the same. we camped at 9400 feet last weekend when we got the early a.m. snow (about 2-3 inches sunday morning).

ahhhh... winter.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Lost my temper with client yesterday over complaint that we were working too slowly. I had to restrain myself physically as I tried to explain that a bespoke solution took longer to produce, and (more importantly) check than an off-the-shelf approach. The simplest thing to have done would have simply been to suggest that if they knew anyone else who could deliver the same quality of work quicker then they should bloody well use them.

I then met an old friend in the evening and got wrecked as a substitute for violence. This in turn has made me work slowly this morning. Hooray for asinine clients!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The client made moves to mollify me after my prima donna incident yesterday, offerring to spring for lunch, and cracking out some papte and wine for snacks. Lesson learned: throw hissy fits more often.

Very much sobered reading and thinking of Fio's mom. For what little good it is worth...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah. We've got two LG monitors here...

ok, am i dreaming or is LG actually a zenith spin-off? click on the commercial products section at the zenith website and it takes you to LG.

anyway, we got about an inch of snow last night, maybe two here at the office. apparently it's turning into some sort of blizzard on the eastern plains and kansas.

yay!

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Lucky! I love snow, but up here we havent gotten anything except rain.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

i am hungover...

got my fetish ball ticket yesterday and went out with a girl after she finished work

we drank lots...

lots and lots...

we both felt terrible when we woke up this morning, and we both had to go to work

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

My computer started to go haywire and beeping about the temperature being too high. After closer inspection, it turned out that it was right, my Quad-Core showed a temperature of 95 degress celsius. Apparantly my CPU-fan was dying. I quickly bought a new, HUGE zalman cooler (0,5kg) with heatpipes and its fan is so huge that it barely fit into my case. But it sure runs quietly, and the temperature stays at a formidable 33 degrees celsius, yay!

you should give the states a try. you don't have to pretend to be unhappy if you don't want to.

I'm always leaving that option open >_< Afterall, i have friends and relatives in British Columbia(CAN), Ontario(CAN), and Arizona(US). It's been a while since i have visited them.

And oh, a fun fact: I have numerous of relatives in North Bay, Canada. Which just happen to be the same place that Volourn lives. Freaky.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy