BioWare/Lucas Arts game unveiled Oct 21

I would hope that instead of ripping off the talent trees they'd do somthing else.

And it would be difficult to make the Guardian Sentinel and Counselor three different classes given all force users work off the same basic force powers. I'm guessing that Jedi will be a class with guardian sentinel and counselor being three different mutually exclusive carreer paths. instead of talents just have different abilities... bah I donno Talents does seem to be the way to do Jedi but then how do you do Smugglers?

Also I hope they don't put in noncombat jobs like in SWG. No Offense but having to have a cooking skill up the wazzoo just to make cash no es bueno.

Meh, I don't mind the idea of "talents." It's something I enjoyed in Diablo 2 as well as WoW.

As for smugglers, well, you could still have them do talents as well. All talents really are are a type of feat.

I am indifferent about non-combat jobs, though I suspect they'll be limited as Bioware seems intent on making you the hero.

Ah, after looking up the game on IGN, it seems as though it is Naga Sadow. Didn't get that impression from the main webpage

IGN seems to be confused. Their info is the same as the main TOR page, but distorted through ignorance.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

God I hope revans not the emperor... it'd be to fantastic for words (living 300 years :shakes head:)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm predicting this game will get a 10/10 from Eurogamer.

hahahaha I think I detect a trend as well. :grin:

I'm pathetic in that I'm probably going to rely on you random internet people a lot.* As long as I lurked here, it hasn't been such a bad bet as long as I read between the lines.

*I'm pathetic in other undisclosed ways also.

DDO was not good.

Yeah, Killian, but was that the ruleset or other factors? Or the ruleset in combination with other factors? I guess what I mean is, did it use the DnD ruleset and, if so, was that a detraction?

DDO was fun, but the ruleset just didn't work. Mobs needed to have their HPs/saving throws/BAB hyperinflated so bands of moderately well equipped players didn't just cut a swath through hordes of them... and it made no difference in the end.

And PvP was ridiculous.

Haha, I find the community quite entertaining over there.

The dreams of building your own battleship and tormenting space......

I think a lot of people will be disappointed (but I still think following a WoW formula, which annoys these people, will be greatest chance of success) but I don't care because I don't care for what they want haha.

Moisture farming for the lose.

I have to say, I'm mightily sick and tired of griefers. ...And this trend is part of the whole two faction system. Jedi/Sith. Horde/Alliance. Order/Chaos.

You know what I wanted from Wrath of the Litch King? I wanted a third faction. That's right. I want to have something where some of the hate could be spread around. Because that's what these games become. Although, from my brief experience with Warhammer, I can say that griefing didn't exist. First of all, I believe the game penalized folks who went into areas much lower than themselves just to grief the other players. The other reason is, it's not grief when it's part and parcel of the game. Warhammer wasn't like a WoW PvP realm. The objective of the game was to destroy the other faction. That's the goal. It's not like WoW, with it's backstory of the factions engaging in a clandestine war while maintaining a sort of jerry rigged peace.

And it's not just other faction griefers, either. One thing the zombie event showed was how much folks like griefing their own faction. In a lot of ways, I didn't mind even that much because I killed a lot of zombies. I would spit on them and then kill them. One dumbass I must have killed in zombie form spit on me yesterday while I was in Southshore. I'm sure a lot of people here liked the Zombie event, but I just saw it as a way to make it tough for lowbies in my guild to level before the xpac ships. *shrug* I don't mind individual acts of griefing so much as I just hate it that WoW is set up to encourage griefing. Too pathetic to take on people your own level in the Arena and Battlegrounds? Go kill quest npcs on Sentinel Hill or the Crossroads. This is entirely opposed to LotRO, where I have yet to encounter any griefing. Partly because PvP is so clearly a second thought and partly because most of the players seem to be a bit more mature. That might not be true, but it's my impression after a couple of weeks.

Now, my thoughts on TOR (Time of the Old Republic?). I think they should have two distinctly hostile factions. There should be Jedi and Sith. Players who decide on one side or the other are saying, "I'm all for PvP." Other factions within the game should be varying levels of hostile or friendly with one another. Hell, I guess all factions could have varying degrees of hostile/friendly relations with one another. Jedi could be republic friendly, hostile to the Mandalorians, and at war with the Stih. I don't really know how to handle it, but it would be nice to have a game where folks don't break down to complete and utter tom foolery.

I guess that's kind of far fetched, since probably the vast majority of players are going to be Jedi, which means that the Jedi are going to have a lot of excess and useless weight in TOR battlegrounds. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Come to think of it, I kinda want to play a Mandalorian.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"