BioWare/Lucas Arts game unveiled Oct 21

Neat. It's the dark-side imbued alchemical Sith metal, isn't it?

not quite. Its just an element that is very rare. it doesn't exactly have an allegiance to any side but from what i was lead to believe (in the hand of thrawn Duology) was that the stuff was so rare/useless that practically nobody knew what it did and why there was a layer of it around the imperial palace.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"Has there been any word on what planets this awesome game will let you visit?"

Why do you care? You surely aren't interested in this crappy game, right?

Oh yeah. Wrong. You most assuredly are hence why you have probably posted the most of anyone in this thread.

As for the question, since it's a MMO, chances read you'll be able to visit practically all of the 'known SW universe', eventually.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

As for the question, since it's a MMO, chances read you'll be able to visit practically all of the 'known SW universe', eventually.

I'm not sure how long the game has been in development, but I really hope they don't put a bunch of generic planets out in an attempt to make the world seem big. Turbine released LotR Online with very little of the map filled in, and at first I was upset areas like Gondor and Rohan weren't included, but they polished the released areas extremely well.

Hopefully Bioware will release a just a few very well developed planets (maybe 5?). SWG planets were pretty generic.

Maybe they'll construct new pre-fabs and loan them out for ME 2 and 3 so there will be better variety.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It's pretty clear they'll have Korriban, judging from the concept arts.

And for the love of God, include Coruscant.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

God is a punk so I hope no Coruscant just out of spite for God.

I hope they included what they want to include and ignore those who think they actually give good advice. I'm sure BIO, EA, and LA know what theya re doing in order to make a successful game. And, if they fail they should get blame for it.

Afterall, now if they add Coruscant and the game flops, I'm blaming you Will 100%.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

<I'm sure BIO, EA, and LA know what theya re doing...

Fixed.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I wonder how they would handle Coruscant? It's a massive city, they really could have an entire game based on just part of that planet. I suppose they would have some sort of reasons to keep players out of certain areas. It will be interesting to see how they handle it, for sure.

I wonder how they would handle Coruscant? It's a massive city, they really could have an entire game based on just part of that planet. I suppose they would have some sort of reasons to keep players out of certain areas. It will be interesting to see how they handle it, for sure.

the Temple there will probably be the Republic newbie zone.

And they do have a reason. It just got sacked.

EDIT: Temple has been destroyed. Newbie area is pretty much going to be Tython, as that's where the Council is now.

Edited by alanschu

My Level 55 Rodian Pimp better have access to the Hutt regions of the Outer Rim so he can start working those tentalicious Twi'lek chicks on the streets of Sleheyron!

Another day, another credit. And don't look at me like that - we can't all be mining the same asteroid. Rodians gotta make credits too!

manthing2.jpg

Hehe, it'd be cool if you could play through the game as some type of smuggler.

They mentioned distinct stories based on what you start as...but I suspect the smuggler might just be a bit TOO open ended for what they're aiming for with story.

They mentioned distinct stories based on what you start as...but I suspect the smuggler might just be a bit TOO open ended for what they're aiming for with story.

they might make smuggler the shooty shooty equivalent of the standard Rogue class.... after all a smuggler and a rogue are the same thing... kinda.

It's pretty clear they'll have Korriban, judging from the concept arts.

And for the love of God, include Coruscant.

Always Korriban and never Ziost... IIRC, Korriban was originally just the planet where they buried their Dark Lords pharaoh style, but it got inflated in the follow up stories. All the future Sith wannabes doing their pilgrimage there. Of course, the second or third generation Sith can have their capital whereever they want.

I always like looking at maps, no matter how imaginary they are.

SODOFF Steam group.

they might make smuggler the shooty shooty equivalent of the standard Rogue class.... after all a smuggler and a rogue are the same thing... kinda.

I'd much rather do some actual smuggling than simply have it as a word to define what my character "is". Scoundrels work perfectly as pirates, smugglers, thugs, gamblers, and pretty much everything else that involves any non-officially sanctioned activity... which also makes that career choice more interesting. I mean, how many blockades can you run before it gets old?

Of course, I don't expect the game to use the SAGA system or anything of the sort. Not that I'd like them to, to be honest.

Fair enough. But I was thinking more along the lines of someone that is sort of ancillary to the conflict, and tries to make his big bucks by smuggling during the conflict. As in you are actually a smuggler...not just called a smuggler.

Of course, I don't expect the game to use the SAGA system or anything of the sort. Not that I'd like them to, to be honest.

I'm assuming the SAGA system is what the first games used? I doubt that too...though you might see similar names (such as Guardian, Sentinel, Consular) for example.

Actually, as I write this, I could see Guardian, Sentinel, Consular being the equivalent of talent trees if they were to blatantly rip off WoW. Or they could be different classes entirely, with their own talent trees (I do think that the talent trees will be ripped off, as well as much of WoW's mechanics actually...not that I think that's a good or bad thing).

I would hope that instead of ripping off the talent trees they'd do somthing else.

And it would be difficult to make the Guardian Sentinel and Counselor three different classes given all force users work off the same basic force powers. I'm guessing that Jedi will be a class with guardian sentinel and counselor being three different mutually exclusive carreer paths. instead of talents just have different abilities... bah I donno Talents does seem to be the way to do Jedi but then how do you do Smugglers?

Also I hope they don't put in noncombat jobs like in SWG. No Offense but having to have a cooking skill up the wazzoo just to make cash no es bueno.

I'm assuming the SAGA system is what the first games used? I doubt that too...though you might see similar names (such as Guardian, Sentinel, Consular) for example.

Actually, as I write this, I could see Guardian, Sentinel, Consular being the equivalent of talent trees if they were to blatantly rip off WoW. Or they could be different classes entirely, with their own talent trees (I do think that the talent trees will be ripped off, as well as much of WoW's mechanics actually...not that I think that's a good or bad thing).

Um, nope. Saga Ed. is something of a hybrid of 3.5 and 4th editions, adapted and revamped for SW. Bio used their own home brewed variant of the d20 system for KotOR, and OE added even further mods.

I said that because while Saga could work for PvE, it's probably a very bad idea to have any PvP game use that ruleset. I'm sure they have designers competent enough to create a new ruleset, and I can't think of a single reason why it would be a good idea to shoehorn the latest d20 iteration into an MMO.