BioWare/Lucas Arts game unveiled Oct 21

After successfully exterminating all but a handful of Jedi, the leader of the triumvirate, Darth Traya revealed her greater and much darker plot—to destroy the Force itself.

Hasn't she already left the triumvirate by that point?

The Jedi Exile had fought at Revan’s side during the Mandalorian Wars and had subsequently lost her connection to the Force during the final battle on Malachor V. Darth Traya established a bond with the Exile, and began rekindling the Exile’s Force powers.

OK, it isn't said explicitly in the game, but didn't Kreia use the bond to reestablish her own connection to the Force? Nihilus cut her from it when he kicked her out.

Ultimately, her plan was to the Exile as catalyst to destroy the Force.

Really? I thought she used the Exile only to give the Council the final "**** you, hypocrites!" before destroying the Force.

During the process, the Exile discovered clues left for her by Revan before his disappearance.

"Left to her"? Give me a break, Revan didn't want to be followed. H4xx0ring T3 is probably the only way to retrieve the coordinates of Big R's destination.

Looks like this was based on a Wiki article.

Edited by H
20795.jpg

I have a question about the amount of content in the game: BioWare mentioned that the game has more content than all its other games put together and is like making KOTOR 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Does this amount of content apply to the story of each class, or is that the amount of total content altogether spread over X number of classes?

If it is the latter, than the amount of real content per class will be about the same as in a single-player game, which does not make it worthwhile as an MMO for those who like the single-playthrough forms their cannon paradigm, as it does for me. Not that I personally like MMOs anyway, but still an interesting question, I think.

Diligent readers of the Internet may have seen it already, but Kotaku has a "what we know so far" post up. It has a Q&A with several Bio and LA folks, including lead writer Daniel Erickson and art director Jeff Dobson.

Here's the link: READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Here's a snippet from the part where they talked about the story. Edits are mine.

The story goes that after KOTOR, two Jedi got exiled into deep space, ran into the Sith, (feces) hit the fan, and then they were sent back to the Republic as Sith emissaries. The Sith then kicked the (feces) out of the Republic, abruptly backed off and said

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I have a question about the amount of content in the game: BioWare mentioned that the game has more content than all its other games put together and is like making KOTOR 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Does this amount of content apply to the story of each class, or is that the amount of total content altogether spread over X number of classes?

If it is the latter, than the amount of real content per class will be about the same as in a single-player game, which does not make it worthwhile as an MMO for those who like the single-playthrough forms their cannon paradigm, as it does for me. Not that I personally like MMOs anyway, but still an interesting question, I think.

Still, if this was a single player game and all the different classes really were like a seperate game, telling the same story from a different angle, you would have X times the content, per added class. Which I would actually think is a cool idea.

Of course it's probably gonna be standard MMO quests and story and the 3 hours it takes to gather 10 Gzoarka skulls isn't really my idea of gameplay. Not to criticize MMO quests, because I know alot of people are ok with that.

Fortune favors the bald.

Bah, when you complaining about graphics, look at AoC.... Very demanding graphics is besides the bugs the biggest reason why AoC failed so hard getting more subscription, very few people can play it good...

WoW on other hand i have more than 2 years old Athlon64 3500+ with 2GB RAM and i can play it on 1680x1050 on maximum details with FPS in range of 20 to 80 depending on location and number of people around...

I dont want to see how AoC would run on my machine...

and I take WoW graphics over AoC, ME or Crysis anyday... at least I dont need to fork out 1500EUR for new PC every year...

This does not mean, that i will be buying the game... i was very excited about it few years ago when the MMO was announced, but now... EA will never see single penny from me, even if that game would be the best invention since sliced bread...

they ruined enough in the past and will ruin even more in near future with their stupidly overretarded DDRM policy...

This is a very odd post.

First off, AoC sold very well, above their expectations. It moved over a million copies. The issue they've had is keeping subscribers. They are losing them very quickly. That can be blamed on bugs and light post-20 content. But a million people bought the game, so I don't think the system requirements were much of a deterent.

Secondly, EA is just a publisher. I can't imagine not going to see a movie because of the distributor or not reading a book because of the publisher or not buying a CD because of the label. Buy stuff because the people who make the game, or direct the movie, or write the book.

If it is a DDRM issue, an MMO doesn't deal with DRM at all. You have to log into an account to play it, you have to be online at all times. That's it, no CD checks, no limited installs. Most MMO's actually make the client available online for download by anyone.

Lastly, this game is still 3-4 years away from release. We have no clue what type of PC it will run on, and we really don't even know how the final graphics will turn out. MMO's take a long time to develop.

It must be a real kick in the teeth to OE and to Chris Avellone in particular to have your hard work traduced with a sequel this ****ty.
Wait, what?

The game is set hundreds of years after the events of K2. How does this affect Avellone's work, again? Except for the detail that it most likely kills off the possibility of learning in a SP game whatever happened to Revan & co. and what is all the fuss about the Truly Evil Sith Masterminds of Evil that sit at the edge of space etc. And quite frankly, those were the most lame themes in the plot of K2 by far - not to mention they were completely unnecessary additions.

Typical of BioWhore, EA and LA, though, really.
What is typical, again? That they don't do exactly what you want?

Boo ****ing hoo.

Obviously, since it needs to run on poor peoples computers.

I doubt that making it in a more "realistic" style -id est the other two KotOR games- would task people's PC too much.

Poor people are also unlikely to be able to afford a game with monthly fees - unless they are very, very motivated indeed to play it.

Not true. A small monthly cost is much easier to swallow than a large upfront payment for high end computer components.

Well, reading the description of the setting, it looks like that pretty much eliminates even the slightest chance that a KOTOR III -- or a closure of the Revan saga -- will be developed. I'm disappointed for a couple of reasons. One, what can I say? I'm a fan of Revan. I thought he (yes, he) was an interesting character. So I dislike this "he left but never came back" vague stuff. And two, the MMO seems to kind of now use the events from the KOTOR series and shift it to suit their own story.

I wish they'd have just set the game a few hundred years before the events of KOTOR, instead of afterward.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)