BioWare/Lucas Arts game unveiled Oct 21

Looks like ****, frankly.
Odd. They've added "a-we-so-me" to the censored words list, now?

How does it look awesome?

It looks like WoW. Heck, it looks worse than WoW.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Looks like ****, frankly.
Odd. They've added "a-we-so-me" to the censored words list, now?

How does it look awesome?

It looks like WoW. Heck, it looks worse than WoW.

Hmm? You might want to take your beer goggles off.

EDIT: also, let the hatefest begin. It's EA, after all!

Edited by random n00b

I have nothing against EA or Bioware in terms of games, same for LucasArts.

But really, it looks awful and I predict it will be crushed by WoW anyway.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

And why exactly does it look better than WoW? The graphics are crap in that and the graphics look like crap in "The Old Republic."
I didn't say it looks better... but it certainly doesn't look worse.

Anyway, It's kinda funny that the OE crowd, with the unwritten motto "graphics aren't everything", would choose that to pick on. Oh wait, that's all we've got...

Anyway, It's kinda funny that the OE crowd, with the unwritten motto "graphics aren't everything", would choose that to pick on.

Well, I do agree that graphics are not everything - but in this case they are stylized in such a way that I think it makes the game look ridiculous. ;)

securom2gu8.png

bioware-mmo-project-untitled-20081021113619600_640w.jpg

Armored Jedi FTW!11

This is why we can't have nice things! Just look at that face, look at it!

So anyway MMOs are not my cup of tea. I had some fun with the Eve Online 14 day trial (that you can redo an infinite number of times ;)) but WoW is just terrible.

I hope they make a ton of money and put it into something good(like a consolitis-free Dragon Age...)

EDIT: And wth is up with the HUGE lightsaber hilts? This looks straight out of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back(which was actually good) the_old_republic.jpg

Edited by Purkake

If it does appeal to those who played KotOR 1 + 2 then I'll probably take a nibble when it comes out. I am a little sad it's not KotOR 3 but -- meh -- not like I can change the fates.

I'm also one who doesn't really like the graphics. It's not that they're "cartoony" but rather how they're styled.