BioWare/Lucas Arts game unveiled Oct 21

biowareinvitationheader.jpg

biowareinvitation2header.jpg

Knight of the Old Republic 3, or Knights of the Old Republic: Online?

1up

Massively.com

Interestingly, Massively says they scanned the invite and blurred the image themselves, yet it's obviously the same blur job as the 1up one.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

A game that's been rumored for years?

If it's not Kotor 3, I might just kill myself.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

A game that's been rumored for years?

If it's not Kotor 3, I might just kill myself.

There's a good chance it's a Mah-mah-morp-pahger. Star Wars: Galaxies is in the can for numbers, Star Wars: The Old Republic was trademarked by Lucas Arts this summer, and BioWare has been working on a massively, multiplayer RPG for several years now.

And they sent one invitation to Massively.com, which only covers MMORPGs.

That said... damn, I wish it was KotOR 3.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

So since when has the KotOR RPG been speculated for years?

What the hell?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Since we all know that it will be the KotOR MMORPG, and anything else is delusional denial, I'll just pre-emptively pose these questions:

1) How will this game fit in the storyline as told in K1 and K2?

2) Will we see Bastilla Shan? HK-47? Carth Onassi?? And all the others?

3) Can we be Jedi? Sith?

4) Can we be a Mandalorian Clansman?

5) What role will starships play? Can we fly freighters and fighters?

6) What of the continuity from the comic books? Will we see Qel-Dromas, Sunriders, and Carricks?

7) When will it come out?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It will be interesting to see how BioWare makes a MMORPG. Something where half the gameplay is a private instance?

My hope is that LucasArts and EA understand that nothing stands up to World of Warcraft. If they think they

So since when has the KotOR RPG been speculated for years?

What the hell?

KotOR 3 has been speculated since KotOR 2 was released in December 2004. KotOR MMO has been speculated on since BioWare announced BioWare Austin, which was March 2006.

Pretty sure it will be the Bio Austin project. Because Bio Edmonton has already all hands full to do.... The original Kotor team is working on ME2, DA team on DA, and I presume there's Jade Empire 2 in development too. Leaves us only Bio Austin (the MMO) left.

Let's hope it won't be another WOW/WAR clone with SW disguise.

Because WoW is dar awesurm.

MC is probably trying to point out how several MMOs tried to beat WoW in their own game, but failed, due to various reasons. Games that tried to target the exact same audience. I wonder how long that will last, though.

Because WoW is dar awesurm.
Oh, right. I failed to take that into consideration. :lol:

To be fair, I agree with the sentiment that giving in to the creative insights from the marketing folks is a sure-fire recipe for disaster. But isn't that what happened to SWG? You'd think they have learned their lesson...

"Because Bio Edmonton has already all hands full to do.... The original Kotor team is working on ME2, DA team on DA, and I presume there's Jade Empire 2 in development too. Leaves us only Bio Austin (the MMO) left."

BIO Edmonton has 300+ employees, and they can easily handle 3+ games. And, sadly, JE2 is far from a slam dunk of being made. There is no doubt a secret project being worked on that has nothing tod ow ith previous BIO games espciially since EA expects BIO to make a ton of games by the end of 2011...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.