AP cinematic teaser trailer

I don't really like cinematic trailers for games. This doesn't really tell me anything about the gameplay or story.

Is this in-game stuff though? If so I don't really understand how that preview a while back could think the graphics are subpar. I mean Jesus, if those graphics are bad enough to actually complain about, then yeah... I'm gonna call you a graphics whore.

Nice to see some stuff finally coming out though. Hopefully we'll get a gameplay trailer fairly soon. >_<

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Oooh, shiny new video for me to admire.

Anyway, graphics look great, especially for this far before release.

Can't wait for the game.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

So short, yet so tantalizing.

The editing at the beginning was rather reminiscent of the new Bond trailers. Also, the voice of Thornton sounds pretty much spot-on.

P.S.- the neck break is goofy :)

Mike doesn't actually talk in this - that's the voice of another character.

Matthew Rorie

I love the graphical style, really looks like what an espionage game should look like. And the scene with the helicopter was great. If only it was longer.

And yeah, that can't be Mike's voice, way too deep.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Very disappointed that it's only CG, I'm dying to see the game in motion. Though I imagine, as it uses UE3, I just have to pick any random action game made with UE3 and let my imagination run. Happy that the game is finally being advertised somehow, because at like six months from release virtually no one knows Alpha Protocol even exists and most have forgotten the Game Informer reveal.

What I like is the tone for the game that the trailer suggests. Especially after they talked about how you could seduce and bang all the females you encountered, I was really afraid that as it's a macho spy game in the vein of James Bond, it would be corny, cheesy and have too much humor. However this sounds dark, mature and serious, exactly what I wanted! I want heavily guarded buildings to explore at night, captivating political intrigue and epic confrontations.

Edited by Niles Rodriguez

The graphics look good, but I'm sure they're not in-game. Graphics aside though, I liked the tone of the trailer. It felt pretty spot-on for a spy-themed game.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Well, from what i gathered, it doesn't seem like that the direction has gone a "We good, you bad, hur-hur"-turn. Which is good by the way.

I do know that the macho-james-bond imagery is the one easiest to sell, but i can take that there are other options as well available for the player to choose from. Other than that, it doesn't say much, especially since we don't even know the voice of the main character yet.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Couple 'o things:

Let it be said that the shaky-cam aesthetic does not jibe well with crisp, clean CGI.

After the first time I saw it, I was concerned that the woman in the bed didn't have a weapon that she was hiding from Mike. The second time I watched it, a pistol had been added. Kudos for the quick response.

Mike is seen drinking wine in the clip. Can we drink wine in the game? Can we get Mike drunk? If I make Mike a master of martial maneuvers, can he be a drunken master?

What kind of woman wears heels that don't fall off when she's clinging to the edge of a building?

Still no gameplay. :down:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It's short. I like that. Too many cinematic game trailers nowadays overindulge in their own 'coolness' and go full-on hollywood. This one's that kind of style, too (but then it IS AP), but the succint nature makes it seem less juvenile and more impressive.

Certainly CGI footage.

Intrigued.

About the ladies you can court, as someone posted, The Witcher had a very large number of ladies to seduce, I think we all witnessed that it doesn't break the game for it.

Would like to see more characters from the game.

The NWN2 opening CGI was looking better than this, I think, I can't really complain though.

Me likes!

Most people on gametrailers seem to like the fact that it is something new and original, though reminiscent of the James Bond and Bourne films/games. I think that's a good thing.

Then there's the graphics whores.

We don't really care for them if the game doesn't look as pretty as Crysis.

Most people on gametrailers seem to like the fact that it is something new and original, though reminiscent of the James Bond and Bourne films/games. I think that's a good thing.

Keep in mind that, for all intents and purposes, a true James Bond/Bourne experience *is* a new thing to gaming. The closest thing so far was Everything or Nothing, which was mostly a shooter but also let you do all kinds of other "Bond" things like use gadgets, hand to hand, rappel, stealth, skydive without a parachute, and (good, thankfully) driving sequences. Other similar games either:

A) Did not try to really do anything more than combat (Quantum of Solace)

B) Ranged from fail to epic fail in their other gameplay mechanics (Bourne Conspiracy driving level).

Apparently, no other developers had thought to come at it from a RPG angle, which by its very nature incorporates different approaches idiomatic to the spy genre. Nobody has a smooth-talking mechanic in a shooter, but it's almost expected of decent CRPGs.

So yeah, not only does AP address the spy genre in a new way, but IMO pretty much the only reasonable way that conventions of various genres allow currently.

I want heavily guarded buildings to explore at night, captivating political intrigue and epic confrontations.

Yes. Please.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Wow,very sweet graphic~~

But...lack of some kinds of art style...

Lead Artist is very necessary.

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

Probably saying that the art style is too 'bland' and ordinary, and that some kind of art direction from a strong lead artist is recommended.