Kotor 1

My first playthrough I was a Scout (lvl 7) and a Jedi Sentinel (lvl 13). I had all the wrong feats and skills, so Malak really grinded me in the final battle. It was an extremely hard battle, also because I was dual wielding without being really proficient at it.

My next playthrough I was a Scoundrel (lvl 4) and a Jedi Consular (lvl 16) and had a good range of useful feats and skills, that complimented each other. I chose the single lightsaber. I was throwing Sith troopers and robots around like dry twigs and Malak barely touched me in the final battle before his metal jaw hit the ground.

Both playthroughs were LS.

Fortune favors the bald.

I had all the wrong feats and skills, so Malak really grinded me in the final battle.

Yeah, and I didn't know about the whole "destroy all those Jedi with force lightening" thing, so the first time I played, Malak took for evah.

As to the combat style, I'm not really sure that I can remember, to be honest. I stick with Scout now, but I do belive my choice was purly for the outfits the first time, so I chose scoundrel :lol:, then I went with... I don't know.:( But I like Sentinel a lot now.

K2 still kicks K1's ass, however. :devil:

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

K2 still kicks K1's ass, however. :(

NO!!!

But anyway, I used Soldioer/Guardian with a double-bladed saber. Armor build, unfortunately, so Malak took forever.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I was a double-bladed guardian/soldier. I also had drain life so i took all the jedis lives in the final battle instead of Malak.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

• 2 weeks later...

First time I was scout/sentinel ls

I had all the wrong feats and skills, so Malak really grinded me in the final battle.

Yeah, and I didn't know about the whole "destroy all those Jedi with force lightening" thing, so the first time I played, Malak took for evah.

As to the combat style, I'm not really sure that I can remember, to be honest. I stick with Scout now, but I do belive my choice was purly for the outfits the first time, so I chose scoundrel :(, then I went with... I don't know.:down: But I like Sentinel a lot now.

K2 still kicks K1's ass, however. :(

If you don't have lightening, you can just "Bash" the jedi. :lol:

Twitter | @Insevin

right now i'm working through as a scout.

I have noticed that on dual core cpus you have to flick off one of the cores otherwise both kotor games go absolutly batty!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I played K1 after K2, so by then I had a pretty decent idea what I was doing.

I simply ignored physical combat and focused my Consular on maximising the DC of my Force Powers, or in other words on making my Force attacks as irresistible as possible. I remember the maximum value I could get without seriously gimping all attributes other than wisdom and charisma was 47 DC, which gave me a very decent % chance of succeeding a Force Whirlwind on Malak (31 reflex save), after Breaching his Immunity of course. That, alone or in combination with Force Kill, could eventually bring him down while stopping him from cutting me into little bits of meat.

My favorite aspect of this whole business was being able to defeat Malak only using the Force, without resorting to stupid things like stimulants (Luke Skywalker didn't need no stinkin' steroids, neither do I), shields (ditto), medpacks (instahealing, wtf?) or mines (taking advantage of crappy AI doesn't make me feel powerful).

Anyway, so it was a single-bladed Scout/Consular, I went with the advice of Aeon's page and did a 5/15 level spread which gave me the most feats. I played Lightside, which let me use get extra DC from the robe, I think from the circlet, and from Lightside Mastery (funny how it never shows in K1 like it does in K2, but it does give you extra charisma).

My second playthrough was a Guardian, double sabers. It was tons of fun, but I think I needed to activate a verpine shield against Malak.

Edited by Markus Ramikin