King's Bountyyyy

Big Bottom

I played the demo and it seemed all kinds of awesome. I just haven't bought it yet due to money and time constraints.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Link! I've been buying games like a mad fool lately. Well, I do everything like a mad fool, but I might buy it. This is especially true if it's got some good turned based fantasy strategy like HoMM.

It does. Play the demo if you have doubts.

Heja Sverige!!

Im playing the full game (bought it from gamersgate) and its quite excellent. You really do have to enjoy the turn based combat from the Heroes of Might and Magic series to appreciate it though.

Im playing the full game (bought it from gamersgate) and its quite excellent. You really do have to enjoy the turn based combat from the Heroes of Might and Magic series to appreciate it though.

I definitely do enjoy Heroes and Might and Magic, notably HoMM 3 and HoMM 5. I will definitely try the demo when my schedule clears up a bit in the next few days and almost certainly get the full game thereafter.

No release in my country (UK) so far but I have it on preorder. If you like HoMM I can almost guarantee you'll love this game. It's basically the same with much better presentation, fun quests on a real-time map and much more interesting character development, there being only one hero available.

Sorry for the excess of 'y's in my title.

BB

thread bumped.

This game needs more love and attention. Heck, even the codexers seems to love it.

:thumbsup:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I absolutely loved King's Bounty on my old Commodore 64, but for some reason I just can't seem to find the energy to be excited by this new version.. Even though I think the screenshots look awesome. Odd.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I absolutely loved King's Bounty on my old Commodore 64, but for some reason I just can't seem to find the energy to be excited by this new version.. Even though I think the screenshots look awesome. Odd.

The game is getting rave reviews from fans of the old King's Bounty (which I haven't played) and from the HOMM crowd (HOMM is among my favorite franchises), so they must have gotten something right. There just wasn't any marketing for this game - what a pity. Given the positive reception of the game by people who share similar taste in games, I will be sure to pick it up - would have done so already, but I cannot afford to play a game seriously at the moment due to time-constraints. Maybe in a few more weeks.

• 1 year later...

Rise again, thread of the dead, and take over the worrrrllld!

I finally grew my turn-based squad-combat itch to grab this for a nice ten bucks. Of course, it'll take about 2 days to download. Did anybody take to it here? I heard great things about it at the Codex.

It's very, very addictive, quite funny in a weird way, repetitive, a bit unbalanced and overly linear. Play as a mage.

Armored Princess is much better and equally addictive.

Heja Sverige!!

It's very odd. At direct2drive KB:TL remains pretty expensive, more so than AP. But at gamersgate TL is ten bucks and AP double that!

I've already bought quite a few games this year, trying to keep it down.

Hours of AP this year: 106.2 hrs (All in January, I believe)

Be afraid.

Heja Sverige!!

Hello friends,

have any of you played the game King's Bounty? It seems to be a fun thing. I will be buying this when it is released. Also, it seems to be quite funny. It reminds me of Warcraft and Heroes of Might and Magic.

Good times

BB

I've bought KB and AP. I will be playing them when my new computer arrives.