Wrath of the Lich King

Aristes

I thought everyone would like to know that my shaman hit 70 Saturday morning.

Woot!

I hate group loot with people I don't know. In the group I play with we have a plate, 2 mail, 1 leather and 2 clothies. My clothie is almost entirely epicly geared, so all the cloth drops go to our mage. My husband's hunter is entirely epic geared so any mail drops go to my shammy. We are the only ones in our guild and we all have full access to the vault, where we combine items and gold for whatever anyone needs.

We always use round robin for loot, because most of the crap we pick up is just vendor fodder anyway, drops usually even out and the money will be pooled for the most part. Occasionally, though, we pick up a fifth and they always feel cheated somehow because we're using round robin instead of group loot. Even though we explain in detail exactly why we're doing it the way we are and say if there's *anything* you see that you want, just let us know, you can have it.

We ran Old Hillsbrad with a pug pally tank because our pally wasn't quite high enough level to tank it effectively yet and we gave him both of the good blue plate drops... so I think he was happy in the end, but most people are expecting to get cheated, I think.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Gratzkies, qt3!

Oh, and how do folks like the new gear at Argent Dawn? I got the gloves for my rogue. I'm having a hard time deciding between the merciless gloves and the undead mashers. I have to say, it's tough to lose that much stamina and almost a a whole % of crit, but the ap is amazing and the haste rating of 17 is pretty sweet. decisions decisions decisions

Edited by Aristes

Yeah, in Light's Hope Chapel. Good luck, wading through the mass of 70s attacking the invasion points, but there seems to be more now also. I don't think you're going to find the gear all that exciting, but at least I might actually switch to one of their epics. Oh, and there's a "rare" undead spawn at some of the invasions. He dropped a pair of epic plate leggings for my sister and me. My warlock sister and my rogue me. haha

Oh, Ive killed lots of invasion points and have around 65 of those runes although I dont think they have any use after those first two quests from LHC. Ive seen the undead killer gear drop from the invasion point wraiths and it kinda looks junky (added 1%, 2%, 3% damage to undead if you get the set bonuses).

Does the Argent Dawn qm have any decent cloth gear and what do you buy it with? Runes?

EDIT: And how is a lock and rogue using plate?

Edited by Gfted1

Yeah, I think you'll be disappointed with the quartermaster gear. My guess is that they wanted to give 70s some incentive to get some epics pretty easy for environment stuff. If you do a lot of PvP, I don't think there's a chance in hell you'll want to switch out of BG/arena gear for why they give you for those runes. I'm primarily PvE and I'm struggling to decide whether I want to trade my merciless gear for the new gloves. Pretty substantial hit on stamina and all of the resil is gone, of course. You can make the trip, Gftd, but I'm pretty sure you'll think it's a waste of time. I might link the stuff later off of thott or something for you.

Silly, the lock and rogue can't use the plate. ...and my tank wouldn't use it if it had dropped for him. :x

Edited by Aristes

• 2 weeks later...

I preordered it last night from Best Buy and they already had it in stock. Ill be picking it up on the way home tomorrow. To get a DK you need to have at least one level 70 character and the DK is a new slot.

I'll be sticking to my fire mage right out of the gate untill lvl 80 then maybe Ill check out the DK. Im not really interested in melee classes and the new DK zone is going to be a friggin zoo for a week or two.

Ill be picking it up on the way home tomorrow.

You and me both.

To get a DK you need to have at least one level 70 character and the DK is a new slot.

The level 70 character needs be on the same server.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

W00t! Received my confirmation:

Store Pickup Notification

November 12, 2008

Order Number: XXXXX

Dear Paul:

Your pre-order will be ready for pickup during store hours at the CRYSTAL LAKE IL Best Buy store #315 on 11/13/2008. Please do not go to the store to pick up your order before this date. To avoid order cancellation, please pick up your item(s) within 8 days.

I played for a while, but I never played more than 2 hours a week and it just didn't justify the costs.

I tried playing on a cracked server at some point, but broken quests, lag and bugs were more trouble than they're worth (though the WoW beta was worse than that was).

...I just realized how lagy WoW is going to be tomarrow. If you think the Outlands were bad...

The WoW population is supposed to double or even triple by tomarrow. :grin:

HighPopulation=MajorLag

Oh! btw, make sure you get a stock from Blizzard. Don't ask why, just do it. You'll thank me later.

*Before the Exp. Pack comes*

Always knowing the answer doesn't make you smart, but being able to discover the answer does.

W00t! Received my confirmation:

Store Pickup Notification

November 12, 2008

Order Number: XXXXX

Dear Paul:

Your pre-order will be ready for pickup during store hours at the CRYSTAL LAKE IL Best Buy store #315 on 11/13/2008. Please do not go to the store to pick up your order before this date. To avoid order cancellation, please pick up your item(s) within 8 days.

my store is doing a midnight launch...

we had 330 ish preorders in our little slice of norcal and the first guy in line arrived this morning at 7 am

2515 FOR LIVE YO!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I dont know if the store I ordered had a midnight launch but thats not my bag anyway. Im not that excited but there was a bunch of guild chatter about people who had either dispatched a spouse to go wait in line or were about to go themselves.

Okay, I lied, Im pretty damn excited. Only 6h 38m till I can fly this chicken coop and go pick up preeeciiioousss WotK.

I remember when WoW launched originally I was desperate to find a midnight launch party, but there were none in my area. I had pre-ordered from Gamestop, but they didn't open until 10, so I went to Target at 8 AM and grabbed the first one off the shelves. It was pretty awesome, made it to level 15 by the end of day 1.

My brother just told that in the town where he lives in (60 000 inhabitans), there where atleast 200 in queue on the midnight sale at one store.

This is ridicolous :sorcerer:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy