Bug: Hostile Visas uses Force Sight with debilitating effect

when you encounter Visas for the first time and fight her, she will always activate Force Sight. For some reason (probably a bug), this has a debilitating effect on my Consular, which resembles the horror effect. This is not possible, however, as she's equipped with the nerve amplifier belt, which protects her from stun and horror effects.

and besides, force sight is not an offensive power.

In order to prevent this, one would have to incapacitate Visas, but this is simply not possible, because she's immune to fear and her fortitude and reflex saves are waaaay to high:

first round: Knight Valor

second round: Improved force scream - reduces Visas's saving throws by two:

potential roll 20 + will 16 vs. Force scream DC 40

third round: If you use Wound or Stun on Visas, it looks like this:

potential roll 20 + fortitude 18 minus 2 reduced by force scream vs. DC. 35 -> successful save! this is sooo frustrating! I hate it when enemies save themselves! So you are stuck with shock:

potential roll 20 + will 16 minus 2 reduced by force scream = 34 vs. DC 35 -> no save possible, since the automatic save on 20 has been removed from Kotor. This is just perfect, except Shock will not incapacitate Visas. She then uses Force Sight, incapacitating my character. Frustrating!

Using some leaked beta, eh?

Anyways, this is perfectly normal behavior. It's Visas is messing with your eyes, which Kreia has some comments on later...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 2 weeks later...

ok ok, now I get it. Still, I'd say it would be much better to incapacitate Visas, thus preventing her from using this power. Yet unfortunately this is not possible at this point in the game for the reasons described in my original post

You would wreck the plot >_<

(Then again Kotor does that often with "HE IS TOO STRONG" idiocy (Malak, Sion Korriban, Nihilus))

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

talking about "HE IS TOO STRONG" idiocy, the Revan phantom in the cave on Korriban has a DC of 100, which gives her 100 per cent chance to save herself from plague spell. this is kind of ironic, because Obsidian and Bioware make us believe that it is impossible to save oneself from plague (unless one is immune to poison). So Obsidian says, "100 percent spell success," while it's in fact literally 100 percent spell failure. The whole Korriban quest is bugged to the ground.

I disagree about Nihlus, though. I choked him to death at a DC of 66 vs. his fortitude of 64 or 65 if I remember correctly, and I didn't even have to use master valor to ensure 100 percent spell success.

Edited by WRFan