KotOR 2 ending

Am I the only one who was disappointed by the ending?? I've just completed it again but by being a Sith Lord a few years after playing it and felt that it was an anti climax...

Go read the TSL Restoration Project threads.

The ending is the single most disappointing part of the game. It leaves you wondering what the hell just happened. Aside from Kreia's fortune telling (which I think I missed the very first time I played), it appears that all of your party members are dead, except Mira (if you're light sided). And then, the Ebon Hawk falls into a precipice. But then it flies away at the end (which means Atton HAS to be alive, doesn't it? What did Kreia like to say about him? "Some one must fly the ship".) :ermm:

But over the years, I've realized that this kind of open ending isn't such a bad thing. It leaves TONS of room to speculate on what happens next.

As far as TSLRP, I will enjoy the ability to take Atton with me to the Unknown Regions at the end, but I would have been happier if they were going to restore the Atris boss fight. It would have been super sweet for the game to end like that, so contradictory to this lovely promo art, where Nihilus is always the dark side of the force, and Atris is always the light.

kotor2_wallpaper_01.jpg

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

But over the years, I've realized that this kind of open ending isn't such a bad thing. It leaves TONS of room to speculate on what happens next.

I have to agree with this statement. It was the crappy, unfulfilling ending that sent me into the fanfiction world searching for some closure and then inspired me to play the game over and over again to get every nuance out of the game play rather than rushing to the ending like I always do on first playthroughs.

Honestly, if the game had been more satisfying, I wouldn't be nearly as hooked.

Although I do love Atton's "Need some company?" line... if they had just left *that* in, it would have made a HUGE difference in my satsifaction level.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Hello there everyone, I have just joined after playing and beating the game twice (If you are wondering why I am so late to the game, my friend let me have hi KOTOR 2 a week ago). :unsure: Anyways, I use the Xbox version and had no idea there was more after the original ending. I thought that if you got the good ending it meant that you went of with everyone and escaped Malachor, and the bad ending meant you stayed to scavenge the destroyed ships and build an army like Revan.

Hmmm... Which ending do You mean? Overall (those last 3 movies put together), or just destruction of Malachor V ?

I am kind of dissapointed, but I must admit, that destruction of Malachor V movie's soundtrack was taking; BTW anyone knows, what's the possible title of the last theme played in destruction of malachor V? I can't find it anywhere :/ i hope there is a separate version

sry for my Eng, i don't speak it much lately...

EDIT:

never mind, i've found it, "The ruins of Jedi Academy"; beautiful!

Edited by v00lo

"Some one must fly the ship

T3-M4

Remember what HK told after he found out the EH was voice-locked, and look at the message when you try to leave Nar Shaddaa without T3.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I guess I didn't think about the fact that T3 could be the pilot. The very 1st time I saw the end of the game, this was just what I told myself to make myself feel better. Atton HAD to still be alive. ;)

I agree, but only because, if he's dead, Carth will have to fly the Ebon Hawk...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I will agree with the majority. The ending was bad. Though... not as bad as it could have been. Think of it this way:

The open ending will leave room for K3 (if there is one) to step in and explain what the heck happened. What happened to, The Exile, Atton, T3, HK-47, and Baodur? Kreia said that others would be needed to fight the sith. I always liked to assume that those were those others. Atton in particular. =)

I wonder why all the chicks like Atton so much. :lol:o:)

sweet pic babydol!!

Edited by UnknownRegions

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Atton in particular. =)

I wonder why all the chicks like Atton so much. :sorcerer::x

Do you wonder why all the girls like Han Solo too?

They are smart, funny and make no secrets about how they feel about the Exile / Leia. It's sexy as all hell. :x We also like men who have a dark past that they've over come. Something about them feels dangerous, but because they've turned away from the "darkness" before, we feel safe at the same time.

In all, Atton just has massive sex appeal. Yum!

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Guest The Architect
Agreed.

And let's face it. Most of us girls don't like "nice men". Ahem, Mical, I'm talking to you.

How come women like me then? I'm a nice guy. =]

Actually on the whole T3 thing. Did HK-47 go with Revan as well?

Yes he did, that's why he's deactivated when you find him - Revan deactivated him so he couldn't follow him. We don't know that for a fact, but HK-47 speculates that is the case during one of the conversations, and it fits well with what we know of Revan's disappearance.

Only just played this myself - good game despite the cut content. Finished it twice now, good ending both times (I just can't bring myself to be evil - it makes me feel guilty) and assumed that everyone survived, except Bao-Dur's remote (and Kreia, obviously). I read on Wookiepedia that B-D was originally meant to die on the droid planet, but since that never made it out of the planning stages, I like to assume he and Atton were busy fixing the Hawk and getting it out of its predicament. If Kreia couldn't predict his future, it was because his mind was closed to her. And hopefully that means he'd appear in KotOR III, if it gets made, as he's one of the more interesting characters. (Hopefully along with Mandalore, who plain rocks).

Still, I do wonder what will happen now the Old Republic MMO is due. They are going to have to explain some of the past, even if that game is set 300 years after KotOR.

Agreed.

And let's face it. Most of us girls don't like "nice men". Ahem, Mical, I'm talking to you.

How come women like me then? I'm a nice guy. :p

You're wrong on both parts. :shifty:

Guest The Architect

:aiee: Oh, you guys make me laugh.

See? Told you I was a nice guy. I did nothing to provoke that sort of abuse yet I copped it on the chin fair and square. Now if I was the one abusing Accept or Shryke, which of course, I'd never do such a thing, they'd hold a grudge forever and would be harassing me at every chance they get. >_<

Edited by The Architect
Please do not avoid the language filter

kreia gives you the option of leaving like revan or staying (like her). if the exile does leave like revan, then he/she would have to leave everyone behind. who said that the exile couldn't fly a ship? who said the exile would even have to fly the ship?

:lol:

Edited by Fionavar
Please do not avoid the language filter and/or bait one another

The lesser of two evils is still evil.