God damn it

Humodour

If you think that's bad, this year in the States, Congress moved the start/end dates, so lots of printed calendars have the wrong ones on them and nobody is quite sure when to expect the change.

If you think that's bad, this year in the States, Congress moved the start/end dates, so lots of printed calendars have the wrong ones on them and nobody is quite sure when to expect the change.

Ouch!

I just hate it when my computer knows more than me. Didn't even flash up a message saying "DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME! FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!"

I did not know you Aussies had to deal with that little piece of pre-industrial madness.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

To simplify it, some Australian states don't use daylight saving. So those you used to be half an hour behind, you are now half an hour ahead of :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Gorgon: This has nothing to do with the "real" time, unlike leap years (and leap <smaller time unit> for that matter), but rather with an idea of increasing productivity by adjusting time to the light of day.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Our "normal" time begins on 26th of october, looking forward to it. Gaining the hour in autumn is always better than losing it in spring :* Poor southerners...

The different dates and directions of time change also show how this invention causes much confusion and additional complexity in international relations.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

To simplify it, some Australian states don't use daylight saving. So those you used to be half an hour behind, you are now half an hour ahead of :wub:

Now, this may have been your subtle point, but I fail to see how that simplifies it. :wub:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm :)

One state wanted to keep it simple, others not. Overall, the total lack of simplicity is greater than the sum of it's parts :wub:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My reply was a sarcasm/irony mix in itself, but now you just ruined it. :wub:

So does this mean you live in Queensland? For some reason I pictured you as a Melbournite.

Nah, Adelaide, South Australia. The dryest and hottest place in summer :wub:

Edit: And we have daylight savings too. Queensland hasn't. Hence my comment about sometimes being half an hour after, sometimes half an hour ahead. They are GMT+10, we are GMT+9.5