The Music Thread

Gorth

Best rock song?

Why, Young's Needle and the damage done.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Dude, I'm never getting out of Strawbery Fields Forever. I just placed it on 9th spot when I made my Top 20 of all time (and what a pain in the ass that was. Even Top 50 proved out to be nigh-impossible...) so nyaaahh!

by the way, give me one modern songwriter (for the record, Frank Black/Black Francis era dudes are too old. They're, like, all middle aged or something) that's on par with

Well, you've certainly managed to take the conversation somewhere..? I hope the top 20 and 50 thing was meant to be ironic.

No, I'm dead serious. I'm quite... unorganized person over all, but I have this perverse thing for listing stuff. All time best movies, all time best singles, all time most influential artists, most idiotic thing I've seen this year etc.

As far as influence and the 60's and 70's thing, most art is influenced by what occurred previously whether it be because of extrapolation, blending, or counterpoint, so thats somewhat inherent.

Well of course. But you're missing the point. Innovations (whether it be wah-wah pedal or subverting typical song structures) in that era were numerous and there's a lot things about which you could say "never heard anything like that before".

Not so much today.

I guess there are people who listen to the same music there whole lives, people who read the same books, look at the same pictures, I just have a shorter attention span.

When I dig something they stay on my whatever you want to call them lists. (If forced to name) there's two albums I always go back to and those are PF's Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here. In anime equivalents are Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop and some other films e.g Grave of the fireflies. In literature... yeah, you get what I mean.

That doesn't mean I'm not searching for new stuff either; in anime last new item that made me go "O_o" and has really good chances at ending up in that list was Haibane Renmei.

As far as your songwriters list goes, you can just look back at my post in these music threads, everyone I listen to I think is a talented songwriter.

well, I'll check out some of them when I'm done with my current era of focus, namely late 60's important albums (last I got was The Kinks's The Village Green Preservation Society, awesome stuff). I've also been checking out some Zappa albums but so far I've been far too scared to give listen to them. :)

oh and not Kraftwerk as much as Brian Eno

I'm not so sure. There were many important 70's acts in formation of electronic music and I'd say Kraftwerk and Brian Eno are pretty much equal in importance.

Sielun Veljet - Peltirumpu

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

oh and I listen a lot to same stuff. Because it's ****ing awesome

Syd Barret - Here I Go

:)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

david-bowie_low.jpeg

First I thought it was meh

Now I've been listening it non-stop for whole day like true junkie

David Bowie - Breaking Glass

You're such a wonderful person

But you got problems oh-oh-oh-oh

I'll never touch you

Darling Violetta - Smaller God

Yes, I like that part of the game. Go die in a fire.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

New Guns and Roses CD, Chinese Democracy. Next in the changer is Def Leppard, Songs from the Sparkle Lounge.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

i keep hearing the one song on the radio and i don't really care for it. of course, i'm from st. louis and i have a pretty good memory, too. my roommate at the time was at that concert in one of the rows effected, btw. :)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Beirut ~ The Penalty

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Semisonic - Closing Time

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Total Annihilation - The March Unto Death

This game has a top notch soundtrack. Just top. And I see a lot of Opeth and Deathstars and Beirut around here - this board's a good place to be :lol:

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority